Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bayco SL-300 8.5 Inch Clamp Light with Aluminum Reflector
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on July 18, 2013
Just a cheap clamp light, nothing too exciting. Just wanted to mention since it wasn't explicitly in the description, it DOES come with a power cord.
review image
11 comment| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2015
I'm actually quite pleased with the 2 fixtures I bought. They're holding up extremely heavy LED grow bulbs just fine and in my opinion I got what I paid for and more. They do the job well and the power cords were plenty long enough to reach everywhere they needed to.
review image
on October 20, 2012
This light works well if you don't mind the clamp falling apart every time you try to use it. Cylindrical knob and round clamp, tiny wing nut. I'm a contractor who works with his hands. No way I can tighten that nut enough with out pliers.

I have lights like this that actually work great. Homedepot sold them for a short time I bought everyone they had in my area because I knew they would be deleted, which they were.

The only clamp light that works decently: Bayco SL-301B4 8.5 Inch Clamp Light with Aluminum Reflector with Grip-Tite Super Clamp
33 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2016
I spray painted these to make cheap reading lights over my bed. I removed the clamps so they could hang a little lower. Bought some low watt edison bulbs with a nice amber glow, and they turned out great!
review image review image review image
on February 9, 2013
This work light is very lightweight. The clamp worked on the light stand that I put it on. The clamp is not super-strong, so it may lean a little bit depending on the angle you place it. Just watch it for a few seconds after putting it in place to see where it ends up! Don't turn it on before you do that, because if you are using an incandescent bulb, the metal may get too hot for you to touch. All-in-all, it's what I would expect for the price.
on March 1, 2013
I bought this because im on a low budget and i want to learn to shoot video, and this reflector has a good clamp that you can put almost anywhere. They deliver it on time and i would recommend this to a friend
on January 15, 2013
I use this for my reptile lights and it is excellent. There is nothing new or exciting about it...just functional and efficient. Also more cost friendly than some other products..
on April 25, 2016
You can't bet these lamps for the price. They hold the weight of heavy LED grow lights really well. They clip and have a strong enough hold that you really don't worry about them falling or detaching. I would definitely recommend these for the price.

If I had to find any fault with them I would only wish the cord was a little longer. The cord is about 6 feet which should work fine for most. But I think they would have even more positive reviews if they made it to maybe 10 feet instead. Nothing an extension cord can't fix though.
on February 15, 2014
I ordered two of these lights. One was smashed up But I'm a laid back, lazy self-sufficient buffon. I don't care about stuff like that. The thing still works. And of course the other one works well and arrived in perfect condition. Hey, postal workers have a certain reputation so maybe they shot the first one. All joking aside, these lights are of better quality than sold in most retail stores. I recommend these lights. .
on April 1, 2015
I bought two of these for an inexpensive photography project I needed artificial lighting for.

The clamp is nice and strong but the rotary joint cant be easily tightened and tends to sag a little. Not a big nitpick but it seems like the shape of it is what is causing the problem. Still, sooner or later you find a spot where it sticks properly.

The other issue I saw was out of the box the aluminum dish was warped (and dinged), and I basically had to force it onto the threads because it looks like it got crushed somewhat.

I'm only taking off one star because both of them still work, and they do what I needed them to do for a budget price. If you want something that works exactly as you expect, you may want to look for a better option.