BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Bayer Advantage II Flea and Lice Treatment for Medium Dogs, 11 - 20 lb, 4 doses
Size: 11 - 20 lb|Style: 4 doses|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 10, 2015
I live in the American South, and my vets agree that Advantage works better than Frontline or any generic products. To get the most value for your money, I recommend buying the dosage for extra-large dogs and splitting it among smaller dogs. Save a small jar such as for pimentos or olives. Ask your pharmacist for a plastic dosing syringe (the kind for giving kids liquid medicine); they will likely give you one. I've attached a sample picture of the type of syringe you need. You need one without a needle that holds the amount of ML you will be using, based on the below guidelines.

Take off your dog's collar to ensure it doesn't slide down onto where you will be putting the Advantage. Open a package of Advantage and pour it into the jar. Pull into the syringe the right amount for your dog's weight:

0.4ml = 0-10#
0.8ml = 11-20#
1.2ml = 21-30#
1.6ml = 31-40#
2.0ml = 41-50#
2.4ml = 51-60#
2.8ml = 61-70#
3.2ml = 71-80#

You will put part of the Advantage on the dog's neck, and part of it in a few places down his back. Use your fingers to part the dog's hair on the back of his neck. (See package instructions on where to place the treatment.) Slowly depress the plunger onto the skin, NOT on top of the hair. Otherwise, it will drip off of the hair. Do several more spots down the dog's spine.

Immediately give treats to keep them from shaking their heads around. I learned the hard way that, if your dog vigorously shakes, this product can take the paint off cabinets and the varnish off stainless steel!! I do the treatment outside and leave the dogs outside for an hour or so.

Buying the largest size of Advantage and dosing several dogs with it can save a lot of money in the long run. Let's say your dog weighs 32 lbs, and you purchase the "Large dog for pets 21-55 lbs" and put the entire tube on him. You will be giving him 2.5 ML when he really only needs 1.6 ML. In a home with several dogs, this can add up!

Of course, talk to your vet if you have questions. This is just how I do it at my house! I am not a vet. I plan to post a video showing how I use this method.

**I have relied heavily on reviews for years, since I do most of my shopping online. I've finally starting trying to return the favor by writing reviews of products I love. I hope my review was helpful to you!**
review image
1818 comments| 661 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2012
The drug in Advantage II for Dogs and Advantage II for Cats is exactly the same drugs (Imidacloprid and Pyriproxyfen) at the exact same concentrations.
If you buy this "Large Dog" package, you get four 4ml tubes. If you then empty those into a vial or vials, you can use a syringe (without needle) to apply the right dosage to your dogs AND cats. In fact, if your cats are under 10 pounds, you can get 10 cat doses out of each of these vials. That's a real bargain!

I am a former Vet Tech and can assure you I have been doing this for years (with Advantage first, and now Advantage II) with ZERO problems.

Use the following chart and you will be fine.
Cats up to 9 pounds - 0.4ml
Cats 10+ pounds - 0.8ml
Dogs 3-10 pounds - 0.4ml
Dogs 11-20 pounds - 1.0ml
Dogs 21-55 pounds - 2.5ml
Dogs 55+ pounds - 4.0ml
5150+ comments| 1,354 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 31, 2015
ALL PET OWNERS NEED TO BE MADE AWARE OF A SERIOUS SHIPPING ORDER ERROR which has occurred twice ------- ADVANTAGE II is being replaced/substituted with ADVANTIX II which is quite TOXIC TO CATS AND COULD PROVE LIFE THREATENING!!!!!! This is for ORDERS PLACED **** FULFILLED VIA AMAZON.*******

<<This is not a review of the product (I had to give a rating for this to post).>>
This is an ANNOUNCEMENT TO HOPEFULLY PREVENT POSSIBLE TRAGEDY. We ordered ADVANTAGE II for both of our 60+ pound dogs as well as our cats shortly BEFORE CHRISTMAS due to the excessively warm weather which has caused the flea population to explode. We measure out the proper dosage using a no needle syringe to apply this product, something we have been doing for several years. The package arrived with ADVANTIX II instead. After verifying that we had not mistakenly ordered the wrong product we started the return process thinking this was a one of/once in awhile mistake. THE REPLACEMENT PRODUCT ARRIVED, much to our shock and dismay WE RECEIVED ADVANTIX II. .... AGAIN! Having this serious error occur twice made us realize that this could be happening to other unsuspecting pet owners. PLEASE LOOK AT AND VERIFY YOUR FLEA MEDICATION BEFORE APPLYING ------ ADVANTAGE II GOOD FOR BOTH DOGS AND CATS (use proper dosage amounts) ------- ADVANTIX II IS FOR DOGS ONLY! !

UPDATE 1/04/2016 ----- We went ahead and purchased the Advantage II from a local pet store and will be returning the incorrectly mailed Avantix II. We felt there was no sense exchanging it for a 3rd try at getting this order right.
88 comments| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2017
I've been fighting fleas all summer. On the dogs. Not me, mostly. I chose to stretch my money by buying the big dog formula and then breaking it up into smaller doses with a syringe and needle. The pharmacist gave me a small syringe, and I already had needles since I have livestock and give my own shots. One thing that can confuse you is that mL and cc is the same, so just because your syringe doesn't say mL doesn't mean it won't work.

I tried the off-brand flea meds and sprays, diatomaceous earth, soda, salt in the corners, all the home remedy things. Advantage II works.
on May 17, 2015
We have two mastiffs, so flea control can be expensive. It is also a pain when the flea controlyoubuy doesn't work, which is what happened with Frontline. I decided to try this brand and am glad I did. Works within a day for existing infestations on the dog, and when they go outside, they don't come back with hitchhikers. I also use a drop or two onthe cat, because it's the same medicine that is in the advantage for cats. Just make sure you're not getting the ADVANTIX, because that brand is poison for cats.
on March 29, 2017
I measure this out for my cats. It works great, is affordable and doesn't irritate my one cat with very sensitive skin. (another brand ate a hole in his skin)
on July 2, 2017
i wait a little to see results before i place a comment,so far has work for my pet. no fleas, no scratches,no odor ,it last him the hole month,shower him 3 times a month,he is a chihuahua 5 LB, and love to be bath, 2 month using it, no complains lets see how long he will be able to use until his body start to reject it, after all once something is use for quite long even if its a dog, body star rejecting it.
on September 12, 2015
I've been using Advantage for flea control for several years, and Amazon is one of the best places to get it. You can't beat $10 a month for large dog flea protection. I also use one tube split into fifths (via syringe measurement) to give to my cats. Advantage II specifically is exactly the same product, in different dosages, for both dogs and cats. My 70-lb Lab gets a full 40 ml tube by herself, then the cats get 8 ml each and my brother-in-law's two ferrets get 4 ml each. I can cover 7 pets for $20 a month- a fantastic deal.

The Advantage makes a noticeable difference in my pets' comfort- towards the end of the month, when it's wearing off, they begin to get itchy and uncomfortable. Once I reapply, that stops within a day or two, and they're happy and flea-free again all month.

I have noticed that if our dog regularly gets into water (pool, beach, sprinklers), the Advantage wears off much quicker, despite claiming to be waterproof. That's understandable in a topical treatment, so we try to keep her out of water until the end of the application cycle, before a new treatment- then she gets to get wet to her heart's content!

If you need to bathe your dog to kill fleas before applying, be sure to wait a day or two after the bath to give your dog's natural skin oils a chance to bounce back- it helps to distribute the medication.

Be aware: this product is alcohol-based, and will evaporate quickly if left out in open air (we use a glass baby food jar to split the dosages in the syringe). It has also stripped the lacquer off the dining table when a few drops spilled while splitting doses, so try to avoid that too! Other than that, Advantage II is, in my opinion, the best topical flea control.
on April 9, 2015
This product has never caused an allergic reaction to my dog like cheaper products can do. Bio Spot is very harsh on delicate type dogs! On the box this product says to not use on cats, but I believe it is because some people know it has the same ingredients, so they don't sell as much. I use 1 extra large dog vial to do my 3 cats and small dog. Just look up how many ml. Per pound of weight for your dogs or cats. I used .8 ml for 2 cats and about 1.2 mg for the other 2. Please use your own pets' weights though. Use a tiny syringe (get syringe and vial if they will give them to you, from Vet - NO needle of course) marked in milliliters to measure Advantage original or Advantage II (not more advanced products). I poured the liquid into a little cap first to make it easier to use the syringe. Ask your vet to be sure, but you can also look it up on the computer. Lots of people do this since the stuff is way too expensive for multiple animals in the home. A little more work, but saves a lot!
on October 17, 2017
Finally getting flea control again. I switched to Frontline Plus for some reason and it didn't work at all on my pets. My house got infested with fleas and even after I used 12 bombs and treated my pets the fleas came right back in a week. Since I treated with the Advantage II and bombed again all is good. Man I hate fleas.