Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Bayer Advantage II Flea and Lice Treatment for Medium Dogs, 11 - 20 lb, 4 doses
Size: 11 - 20 lb|Style: 4 doses|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 10, 2015
I live in the American South, and my vets agree that Advantage works better than Frontline or any generic products. To get the most value for your money, I recommend buying the dosage for extra-large dogs and splitting it among smaller dogs. Save a small jar such as for pimentos or olives. Ask your pharmacist for a plastic dosing syringe (the kind for giving kids liquid medicine); they will likely give you one. I've attached a sample picture of the type of syringe you need. You need one without a needle that holds the amount of ML you will be using, based on the below guidelines.

Take off your dog's collar to ensure it doesn't slide down onto where you will be putting the Advantage. Open a package of Advantage and pour it into the jar. Pull into the syringe the right amount for your dog's weight:

0.4ml = 0-10#
0.8ml = 11-20#
1.2ml = 21-30#
1.6ml = 31-40#
2.0ml = 41-50#
2.4ml = 51-60#
2.8ml = 61-70#
3.2ml = 71-80#

You will put part of the Advantage on the dog's neck, and part of it in a few places down his back. Use your fingers to part the dog's hair on the back of his neck. (See package instructions on where to place the treatment.) Slowly depress the plunger onto the skin, NOT on top of the hair. Otherwise, it will drip off of the hair. Do several more spots down the dog's spine.

Immediately give treats to keep them from shaking their heads around. I learned the hard way that, if your dog vigorously shakes, this product can take the paint off cabinets and the varnish off stainless steel!! I do the treatment outside and leave the dogs outside for an hour or so.

Buying the largest size of Advantage and dosing several dogs with it can save a lot of money in the long run. Let's say your dog weighs 32 lbs, and you purchase the "Large dog for pets 21-55 lbs" and put the entire tube on him. You will be giving him 2.5 ML when he really only needs 1.6 ML. In a home with several dogs, this can add up!

Of course, talk to your vet if you have questions. This is just how I do it at my house! I am not a vet. I plan to post a video showing how I use this method.

**I have relied heavily on reviews for years, since I do most of my shopping online. I've finally starting trying to return the favor by writing reviews of products I love. I hope my review was helpful to you!**
review image
1919 comments| 762 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 26, 2012
The drug in Advantage II for Dogs and Advantage II for Cats is exactly the same drugs (Imidacloprid and Pyriproxyfen) at the exact same concentrations.
If you buy this "Large Dog" package, you get four 4ml tubes. If you then empty those into a vial or vials, you can use a syringe (without needle) to apply the right dosage to your dogs AND cats. In fact, if your cats are under 10 pounds, you can get 10 cat doses out of each of these vials. That's a real bargain!

I am a former Vet Tech and can assure you I have been doing this for years (with Advantage first, and now Advantage II) with ZERO problems.

Use the following chart and you will be fine.
Cats up to 9 pounds - 0.4ml
Cats 10+ pounds - 0.8ml
Dogs 3-10 pounds - 0.4ml
Dogs 11-20 pounds - 1.0ml
Dogs 21-55 pounds - 2.5ml
Dogs 55+ pounds - 4.0ml
5150+ comments| 1,384 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 31, 2015
ALL PET OWNERS NEED TO BE MADE AWARE OF A SERIOUS SHIPPING ORDER ERROR which has occurred twice ------- ADVANTAGE II is being replaced/substituted with ADVANTIX II which is quite TOXIC TO CATS AND COULD PROVE LIFE THREATENING!!!!!! This is for ORDERS PLACED **** FULFILLED VIA AMAZON.*******

<<This is not a review of the product (I had to give a rating for this to post).>>
This is an ANNOUNCEMENT TO HOPEFULLY PREVENT POSSIBLE TRAGEDY. We ordered ADVANTAGE II for both of our 60+ pound dogs as well as our cats shortly BEFORE CHRISTMAS due to the excessively warm weather which has caused the flea population to explode. We measure out the proper dosage using a no needle syringe to apply this product, something we have been doing for several years. The package arrived with ADVANTIX II instead. After verifying that we had not mistakenly ordered the wrong product we started the return process thinking this was a one of/once in awhile mistake. THE REPLACEMENT PRODUCT ARRIVED, much to our shock and dismay WE RECEIVED ADVANTIX II. .... AGAIN! Having this serious error occur twice made us realize that this could be happening to other unsuspecting pet owners. PLEASE LOOK AT AND VERIFY YOUR FLEA MEDICATION BEFORE APPLYING ------ ADVANTAGE II GOOD FOR BOTH DOGS AND CATS (use proper dosage amounts) ------- ADVANTIX II IS FOR DOGS ONLY! !

UPDATE 1/04/2016 ----- We went ahead and purchased the Advantage II from a local pet store and will be returning the incorrectly mailed Avantix II. We felt there was no sense exchanging it for a 3rd try at getting this order right.
88 comments| 257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 17, 2016
My poor babies were infested with fleas. Everything else we tried didn't work. We tried going the all natural way using essential oils but they just had them so bad it wasn't working. We would give them a bath with soap mixed with varies essential oils but by the next day they were covered with fleas again. Before we applied this spot treatment we gave them both baths scrubbing every inch of them making sure we got rid as many as possible. I used an oatmeal soap to help prevent dry skin from bathing so much. After they were completely dry we applied the spot treatment according to the directions. We had to watch them while it dried to make sure they didn't lick themselves or each other. They both ended up get a little taste of it and did not like it at all so definitely watch your pup while you're waiting for the stuff to dry. Within the first 12 hours we only found 1 flea and it was half dead so it works fast. It's been a few days now and haven't seen any fleas since. We did wash all their blankets and couch covers and then steam cleaned the furniture. I vacuumed their beds and the carpet but didn't spray them so I worried maybe they'd get infested again but so far there's no sign of fleas. This stuff works great at killing fleas and preventing re infestation. I definitely recommend this product! My dogs are over 50 pounds so we got the extra large pack. Each pack comes with 4 treatments that last a month each. We just bought one box so with both dogs we'll get 2 treatments each which should be enough to get rid of the fleas for good.
on March 24, 2017
Works well...but had issues last summer. I was getting by with 1 treatment per summer...but last year things didn't work out so well.

The dog got some hot spots and we got into some serious issues...had to shave him in places...use betadine and 3% peroxide...he looked like crap and we were both miserable. Used some amoxicillin to finally clear things up.

The fleas can cause a skin infection (bacteria) that can be very serious.

My new methodology: I look for any signs of fleas above the tail....if I see ANY...I give him a good bath and then treat for fleas. Will probably treat 3 xs this summer.

This warm winter will make this summer flea/tick/misquito heaven?
TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 19, 2016
I've been using this on my dog for a while now. I buy the large tubes to save money. I put this into a small glass vial than I just put a measured amount on to my dog from a plastic syringe. It is a lot better method than buying the small tubes. I do not have any issues with fleas or ticks and my dog spends a lot of time out in the grass.

Disclaimer: I was offered no incentive for anything other than that and I am giving my own personal opinion based on how I honestly feel about the product. I take this seriously and include my own opinion and experience with each product. Just like you, the reader, I heavily rely on reviews for all of my personal purchases and because of this I will only rate an item 4 stars or more if I would buy it at full price. So you can use this as a guide to determine whether it is good or bad.

If you have found my product review to be helpful, please hit the helpful button. This will make it easier for others to find this review so they may be helped as well. You certainly don’t have to, I don’t get anything from it, but I get a good feeling that I helped someone. If you have any questions about my experience with this product, please leave me a comment. Thank you for taking the time to read my review.
on April 27, 2017
Knocked em pretty dead (The fleas). I had a hugely bad flea problem. I used this on all my pets, cats and dogs. Since they posted a scary warning to keep cats separate because it is dangerous (if the cats lick the drop site), I kept all the animals apart until the liquid dried then scrubbed the areas I put the drops. I have noticed way fewer fleas. It may take a couple months to completely eradicate them. I am also treating with DE powder and boric acid for the house. I have one short haired white cat and could see the fleas all over her face and neck. I have not seen any flea activity on her since the day after treating. Happy pets in the house now. Happy me as well!
on August 30, 2016
So, I rescued a 100+lb. dog who had been abused and neglected, and I thought he had a flea problem, but try as I might, with flea powder and brushing and baths and even this stuff, the fleas never went away. It was then that I realized that he must have lice! Did a little reading on the interwebz, and found out that in order to get rid of lice, you must use a product like Advantage, only every two weeks for 2 or 3 applications, instead of once a month. Bought this, and did as described, and VOILA! The lice are long gone, and my new bow-wow is a happy camper. I'm not normally a fan on using chemicals like this on my pets, but in a pinch, when nothing else seemed to work, this did the trick! And I'm a happy camper too, 'cause it was half the price here on Amazon than it is at the vet's!
on September 5, 2016
Well, Advantage worked GREAT for years, but it seems that highly resistant strains of fleas have evolved, and it doesn't seem to be working well at ALL anymore. (I actually went through two batches, assuming I had just gotten a bum batch, but -- nope, the stuff just isn't working well anymore. Nor, sorry to say, is Frontline. So far, the only thing I've found that's still currently working well is Capstar Capstar Nitenpyram Green for Dogs Over 25lbs 6 Tablets (which kills all of the fleas on the cat or dog at the time but has no residual effect), although I'm about to try Activyl Activyl Over 88 Lb And Up To 132 Lb 6pk Dogs-- a newer stripe-on -- which is what the local Humane Society is now using.
on January 29, 2018
If you are giving to dogs AND cats, make sure it's advantage 2 and not advantix. Been a frontline user for 20 years. Suddenly winter 2017 got a horrible infestation and frontline didn't TOUCH it. Tried a flea shampoo, spray, diatomaceous earth, and some natural flea remedy. Anyways we gave up and got this. My dog has seizures from chemicals but frontline didn't give her seizures (biospot did beware of that brand) this stuff had almost all the fleas gone in less than a week. I didn't care for the smell, but man it's potent. My dog did not habe a seizure (she did soon after. But it was over a week after the application so I think it's unrelated, with a dog with seizures just be sure to watch) so it appears to be good with my seizure having pom. My cat managed to lick it and started foaming at the mouth and running and jumping. Turns out they make the liquid bitter and terrible tasting on purpose, to discourage licking. So that is good, gave me a scare though. If you are concerned about them licking it, put a dog jacket on then for the day. That worked for my cat who wouldn't stop licking it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse