BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Bayer K9 Advantix II Flea, Tick and Mosquito Prevention for X-Large Dogs, Over 55 lb, 4 doses
Size: Over 55 lb|Style: 4 doses|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,215 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,502 reviews
on June 30, 2016
Ive had dogs for most of my life, and have used several different types of flea and tick protection for them. Some I have completely written off because they worked so poorly. This is the only over the counter one that has worked pretty consistently for us, as far as every day use. For heavily wooded use, you may want to ask your vet if there is anything stronger. When we went camping, this didn't help so much. There were many ticks on both of my dogs. I will say, this was a heavily infested area, so I'm not sure if anything would've helped enough there. For the backyard, we've had no issues at all. I've never found a tick on either of my dogs, and as long as it's used consistently, no fleas either. I will continue to buy this product, and buying it here on Amazon is very convenient since I don't even have to leave my house.
review image
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2016
We've used Bayer Advantix II on our dog for 2 years now and we've never had a flea issue. There actually is a little dog in our neighborhood who frequently wanders into our yard and, bless his heart, he was just riddled with fleas. My dog would play with him on a weekly basis, and we never had any transferring of fleas to our dog. We ultimately ended up treating the other dog with flea drops as well because he was just so miserable. When I say he was infested, I mean you could literally see them crawling on him and jumping, and the little guy was just biting and scratching constantly. They were even on his little face. It was awful. I treated him with this Bayer Advantix II when he was hanging around our house one night and when he wandered into our yard the very next day, about 13 hours later to be exact, the fleas were all dead! I would say maybe a week or two after that, we noticed he had stopped scratching completely. So his bites must've all healed, and regular flea checks showed he was completely pest free! Cheaper brands (Hartz, for example) are a complete waste of money. They're not effective. And the prescription brands (such as Comfortis and Trifexis) are great, totally effective, and have the added benefit of heart worm prevention, but if your budget doesn't allow for that, I would urge you to consider Advantix II. It's gentle, my dog has never had any ill side effects, and it's super effective. There's no smell, it dries/soaks into your dog's coat within a few hours, and it lasts an entire month. I mark down (using provided stickers) the dates we treat our dog with Advantix, and there have been plenty of times where I was a week or two late (whoopsie!), but we've still never had any issues of my dog picking up fleas. Anyway, I highly recommend. It's a great product.
on September 21, 2016
I liked this product because my little guy didn't seem to have the weird skin sensation they can get as a side effect sometimes from topical flea repellants. Also it kept fleas away even longer than the 30-day recommended time period. Very impressed and I've tried several different brands.
review image
on October 7, 2017
I do not recommend this product. After application, a greasy, thick, oil slick is left on my dog's back for over a week. I have used Frontline Gold in the past and find that it is much more pleasant.

My dog is medium/ short white and black hair so perhaps if your pet has longer hair you may not notice this as much. The white hairs will be tinted yellow/ brown after application too. Just too messy and I will continue to use Frontline Gold. Both products are equally effective.
on November 30, 2016
I tried a cheaper knock off before getting this, dont know what I was thinking. Battled the nasty, tiny buggies for two awful weeks, with 3 dogs. Advantix works. end of story.
on April 19, 2017
K9 is the only product I use with my 65lbs Rotty mix. I have tried multiple other flea and tick treatments and they have all caused my dog to flee in panic and freak out when it was applied like it had gotten some bad stuff at Woodstock. This on the other hand has treated my dog well on every application and really makes a difference during the spring and summer months.
on October 10, 2017
I have a lot of ticks in my backyard. My dog roams freely out there. Amazingly, using this Advantix II, i have never had to pull a flea off of my dog. It is like a miracle. A previous dog, using some other stuff, i would pull 1-3 ticks a day off it her during the summer. The ticks must jump right off when using the advantix II
on July 28, 2017
My pup became immuned to frontline so I tried this. He was having a spreading itching problem and didn't want to spend the money on vet and prescription so I tried this and it took care of the skin problems. Turns out he may have had skin lice and with benadryl then a week later applied this. Now Jackson is settled down. Thank you!
on February 4, 2016
I recently adopted a dog with my husband. Previously, I had lived on the West Coast and only owned cats. I moved to Virginia, where apparently ticks are a persistent pest. Because of my unfamiliarity with this issue, and with dogs in general, I didn't realize I needed to protect our dog against them. He never had an issue with fleas, so I thought he was okay. Unfortunately, he picked up two ticks on our walks along a wooded trail behind our condo complex, which were confirmed to be deer ticks. At this stage it is too soon to tell if he has contracted Lyme disease, and he took some antibiotics to hopefully stave off infection of it. After the incident, I immediately purchsed Advantix for him. So far, we have gone on regular walks in the wooded trail area, and have not had a problem with ticks (or fleas) again. The main downside of the product is that my pup gets pretty dirty and stinky from playing outside. After the Advantix is applied, you can't bathe your dog in normal soap shampoo. I read that soap free baths are okay, but I'm too worried that the effectiveness of the product will be greatly diminished if I try this. Using this product has given me peace of mine for protecting my dog from ticks.
on April 26, 2017
Item arrived quickly and in great condition. I switched from frontline plus last year to this after my 3 dogs got fleas for the first time ever...while wearing Frontline. Apparently fleas are becoming immune to frontline. I intend to use this now from spring until our first frost as long as I own dogs, or until I see this become ineffective as Frontline did.