Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,297 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,652 reviews
on June 30, 2016
Ive had dogs for most of my life, and have used several different types of flea and tick protection for them. Some I have completely written off because they worked so poorly. This is the only over the counter one that has worked pretty consistently for us, as far as every day use. For heavily wooded use, you may want to ask your vet if there is anything stronger. When we went camping, this didn't help so much. There were many ticks on both of my dogs. I will say, this was a heavily infested area, so I'm not sure if anything would've helped enough there. For the backyard, we've had no issues at all. I've never found a tick on either of my dogs, and as long as it's used consistently, no fleas either. I will continue to buy this product, and buying it here on Amazon is very convenient since I don't even have to leave my house.
on June 26, 2017
My 6 month old poodle mix dog had a really bad reaction to this product. He appeared to be really irritated. I decided to bathe him with Dawn dish washing soap. He was so irritated that he couldn't walk without going nuts. I was afraid to touch him because he was trying to bite me. He ended up sleeping under the sofa, something he never does because he refuses to leave my side. I think the previous dosage was also giving him problems but to a smaller degree. Luckily Amazon has offered to reimburse our purchase because there is no way I'm putting this Profumo my dog again.
on May 7, 2017
We use this on our 2 pugs and our pom and it does a fantastic job. This is a bad year for ticks as in one day I had 6 on me and my wife found 4 on her. Maybe we should put some on ourselves.
on June 1, 2016
Advantix is what has always worked best for my dog. In the past - we had three small dogs. I would combine the weight of the three dogs and buy the Advantix for the combined weight and split the dose between the three. Much cheaper than buying three XS packages. I recently split with my partner and lost custody of two of the dogs. Now I have only my one 4 pound Chihuahua. I read the reviews and researched the amount of dose she would need. Figured I could buy the larger dose (almost the same price) and split it into smaller doses. Oh My! Now I have PLENTY of Advantix for years to come! Each of the four XL doses has enough for 9 doses for my dog!

I do not find an expiration date on the box or individual containers anywhere.
on September 21, 2016
I liked this product because my little guy didn't seem to have the weird skin sensation they can get as a side effect sometimes from topical flea repellants. Also it kept fleas away even longer than the 30-day recommended time period. Very impressed and I've tried several different brands.
on July 11, 2017
This stuff works, why the 3 stars is because after putting it on my dog, he was able to lick it off. Then my cat tried to groom my dog. MY cat was also upset since she cannot be with her brother (my dog) and she cannot groom him. She grooms him everyday, it's a routine.The instructions said to keep pets separated after application for 24 hours but I wasn't expecting it to dry so slowly. I had to put a cone on him, he was upset for the 3 days and refuse to eat. When I finally take the cone off he constantly rub and rub himself on the floor and lick his own back. I had to wipe it off so he won't ingest it. I won't be able to use the other applications. Too bad since it is cost so much.
on May 26, 2016
So far, so good. . We live in the foothills of the Cascade mountains, western WA. Fleas are endemic because of the squirrels, raccoons and coyotes. Our lil Chiana rarely ventures out into the Great Outdoors, since she is a 7 lb Chihuahua who is also known as 'Eagle Bait'! Bald eagle's nest close to our house and the nesting pair roost in a tree in the corner of our property. Still, fleas and ticks come in on our pant legs and our friend's clothing. Last year was an 'Oh Crap' year with strong infestations all around the neighborhood. Yes, she got a few bites. Yes, we found a few on her... BUT! We were starting to get more bites than her, so one day my wife said "That's it! Get on your Harley, go for a ride... I got this!" I have lung problems and can't tolerate 'Bug Juice'. When I came back, she had vacuumed/sprayed/dusted and all was settled down. That was the end of our 'infestation'. This is a good product and we recommend it!
on October 9, 2016
I dont like putting harsh chemicals like this on my dogs but honestly, its the only darn thing that works. Ive spent tons of money trying alternative, more natural flea solutions and not a single one of them turned out to be a "solution" at all. Tried that essential oils stuff; put some in a zip lock and tossed in 3 ticks. Ticks were still trying to do the backstroke the next morning. The essential oils never did kill them-I ended up having to flush the monsters! Ive also tried an amber collar. Very expensive and totally useless. Ive tried a lot and unfortunately, the chemicals in Advantix are the only thing that can keep my dog totally free from fleas and ticks. All natural is a great idea-if it works. But Im not gonna let my pups be miserable with fleas just to satisfy some odd sense of principle.
on April 7, 2016
This works very well and the price is right. We bought the Extra Large one for our 75 lb dog. He loves to run through our woods and down in our creek and, honestly, we have not found a flea or tick on him in the eight months since we have been using this product.
on May 30, 2017
Our dogs don't live outside. On recommendation from my vet I switched from Frontline to K9. A year later my dog tested positive for lymes disease, which they were also vacinated for. Given the small amount of time the dogs are outside they should have never been bitten by a tick let alone have one on him long enough for him the get lymes.