Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 3,955 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,301 reviews
on June 30, 2016
Ive had dogs for most of my life, and have used several different types of flea and tick protection for them. Some I have completely written off because they worked so poorly. This is the only over the counter one that has worked pretty consistently for us, as far as every day use. For heavily wooded use, you may want to ask your vet if there is anything stronger. When we went camping, this didn't help so much. There were many ticks on both of my dogs. I will say, this was a heavily infested area, so I'm not sure if anything would've helped enough there. For the backyard, we've had no issues at all. I've never found a tick on either of my dogs, and as long as it's used consistently, no fleas either. I will continue to buy this product, and buying it here on Amazon is very convenient since I don't even have to leave my house.
on September 18, 2016
I worked at a vet clinic for years, and always heard positive feedback about this product. However, we already used frontline and have been using it for over a decade. We have lived in a condo this past year, and there is obviously a flea problem with other tenants in the complex. We had to fight fleas all summer, and never had before. The frontline wasn't cutting it, so we had to try something different and got this for our dogs and advantage for our cats. We also sprayed the house again the day we treated (used Adams area spray), just in case. But, the results were near-immediate and we are very pleased. 2 weeks later and still flea-free. I think we're switching for good.
on October 9, 2016
I dont like putting harsh chemicals like this on my dogs but honestly, its the only darn thing that works. Ive spent tons of money trying alternative, more natural flea solutions and not a single one of them turned out to be a "solution" at all. Tried that essential oils stuff; put some in a zip lock and tossed in 3 ticks. Ticks were still trying to do the backstroke the next morning. The essential oils never did kill them-I ended up having to flush the monsters! Ive also tried an amber collar. Very expensive and totally useless. Ive tried a lot and unfortunately, the chemicals in Advantix are the only thing that can keep my dog totally free from fleas and ticks. All natural is a great idea-if it works. But Im not gonna let my pups be miserable with fleas just to satisfy some odd sense of principle.
on August 25, 2014
I kinda ambivalent towards this product simply because it's a pesticide and does irritate the dog's skin somewhat... luckily I only need to apply it once a month during Summer and every 2-3 months during Winter.

However, it's the most effective product I've used and it keeps the dogs free from ticks, fleas and mosquito bites.

I realise there are effective natural products out there, but the con's outweigh the pro's for the hot humid Summer.

Also I tend not to bathe my dogs too frequently as I believe Mother Nature didn't design them that way, I give them regular brushings to keep their skin and coat in good condition. They are Chow Chows btw.

Until something better comes along, this is the one for my dogs.

Glad someone found my review helpful...

I'd just like to clarify that I have 4 dogs and only one had irritation, but I can't say for sure that Advantix caused the irritation as Chows have sensitive skin.

Also his skin is OK now.

I did research all the active ingredients and none are shown to be (too) hazardous to dogs.

My dogs do go offroad and ticks still do jump on but they die when they bite, whereas when I used Frontline I regularly found ticks embedded in their skin sucking away and I had to remove them... yuk!
on July 1, 2016
THIS REVIEW IS ONLY FOR USE AS A TICK DETERRENT

Where I live ticks are the only problem for my dog. My dog was coming out of the backyard everyday this summer with literally 6-10 ticks all over him from the high brush. After looking at reviews I bought this medicine and applied it right away as the instructions stated. At first I thought it was ineffective because 24 and 48 hours afterwards I still found ticks on him, mostly on his nose as I'm guessing the medicine hadn't spread that far yet. But on the third day he was FREE OF TICKS!!! and from there on I haven't been able to find a single tick which is amazing considering the 10 ticks he would come back with before.

If it isn't working right away just make sure to give it a little time before saying it's ineffective.

Also this was much cheaper online vs. in store. I think petco was selling these for about $99 so al ot of money saved.
on October 4, 2014
I don't know WHAT people are talking about with these reviews! This is the best flea medicine I have come across. I have a 15lb Maltese Shih Tzu mix who lets me apply this every month with no problem. He doesn't have any reactions to this medicine and I live in the woods with a pond in my backyard filled with frogs, snacks, we also have ticks in our bushes. I have NEVER found a tick on my dog nor a flea. My parents dog lives with us and they do not keep up with their flea medicine on their dog because she has reactions... I keep telling them to try this brand...anyways, she always comes in with ticks on her, but not my dog...One day they will learn... K9 Advantix II is my go to and is worth the money (plus I can always find it on sale whether it be on Amazon, 1800 pet meds, or chewy...etc.)

Update: I've been using this product for 3 1/2 years and my dog has never had a tick and I live by the woods and walk him by that area. Just a few days ago, I noticed his first tick on him. However, due to this awesome medicine it was dead already. So glad my little guy is protected. Fyi, ticks detach with vinegar in case you're in a bind.
on October 1, 2016
Perfect. Arrived quickly. My dogs love!
on May 24, 2013
I'm not sure if it was just my personal experience but my one of my dogs was allergic to it. I had my dog on Frontline for months and decided to try Advantix. Within a few hours, she was constantly trying to scratch the application site, and even trying to itch the area with her teeth (this one goes on a few spots on the back instead of one spot like Frontline). I thought maybe she was just irritated. A few days later she began to shed a lot more and had some redness at the application sites. Took her to the vet who said it was a probable allergic reaction and to discontinue it. My yellow lab didn't have any problems the first month, but I switched them both back to Frontline Plus.
on September 21, 2016
I liked this product because my little guy didn't seem to have the weird skin sensation they can get as a side effect sometimes from topical flea repellants. Also it kept fleas away even longer than the 30-day recommended time period. Very impressed and I've tried several different brands.
on January 21, 2016
so i had currently bought a powder that was organic to try and not get something chemical for fleas, well its a lot of time you need to do something like that and i was working two jobs so by the time i actually was going to do it i realized he was bald by his butt. fleas love the butt area and there was tons of them there. ok i bought this then, took roughly 4 days to get here bathed my dog put the flea stuff on, he sleeps w my so i was worried about skin contact. nothing happened, no rash on my legs everything was fine. 2 days later i hecked for fleas on him......NOTHING. he is a doberman so trust me I can see those things crawling. I was really happy, is bald spot is growing back slowly and he is itching less. he is still itching but he has the dry skin which i like to put coconut oil on. this is $20 cheaper than what petsmart sells it for so worth it. plus it is 6 months which is awesome

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.