- Series: Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought
- Paperback: 440 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (August 15, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521476771
- ISBN-13: 978-0521476775
- Product Dimensions: 5.4 x 1 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,581,964 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Bayle: Political Writings (Cambridge Texts in the History of Political Thought)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Pierre Bayle's Dictionnaire Historique et Critique was a bestseller throughout Europe for two centuries. Sally L. Jenkinson's masterly new edition presents the reader with a coherent path through Bayle's vast work, uncovering Bayle's progressive views on toleration and elitism. This anthology is the first in English to present Bayle as a specifically political thinker. Sally L. Jenkinson's authoritative translation, careful selection of texts, and lucid introduction will be welcomed by scholars and students of the history of ideas, political theory, cultural history and French studies.