About the Product
- Top Developer Pedigree- Built from the ground up by Platinum Games, a newly formed studio from gaming's most celebrated development teams (DMC & Resident Evil series).
- Unique, Sexy Female Lead Character- Bayonetta is a graceful, stylish & all action heroine with a distinctive character design playing an integral part of her special attacks.
- Angelic enemies- Fight against uniquely crafted angelic enemies casting a new light on good and evil.
- Groundbreaking Acrobatic Gameplay- Bayonetta wields an impressive arsenal of weapons on her hands and feet through an intuitive and fluid combat system unrivalled in gaming.
- Interchangeable weapons- In addition to her four enchanted guns called Scarborough Fair, she can unlock an array of weapons from shotguns, bazookas and fiery claws.
- String together deadly combos and special attacks to bring down angelic enemies, including small minions and gigantic behemoths
- Rely on Scarborough Fair, a collection of four enchanted guns, plus shotguns, bazookas and fiery claws
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Key Game Features:
Top Customer Reviews
Now, I heard some negative things about this game before I bought it. The biggest one is that the Xbox version is far superior, allegedly. While I can't compare the two, I can honestly say I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the game. Yes, it has frequent load times. But, you know what? There's so much happening on the screen sometimes, I didn't mind the break. The graphics seemed a little low-res, but the inventive style more than made up for it. I will say, though, that if there is a sequel, I hope the PS3 port gets the development attention it deserves.
A couple other things to consider: You can beat the game on easy in 8 or 9 hours (the difficulty is set so easy means normal and normal means you'll throw your controller a lot). If you want tons of play time for your money, you may want to rent this instead. Also, I'm aware some people are saying that the game is offensive. While the female characters are hypersexual, I didn't see a huge difference between this and something like Tomb Raider.
Overall, I highly recommend this game. It's one of the most memorable I've played in a long time. The good stuff far outweighs the bad. There's a tsunami of amazing games gushing out this year, but don't overlook this one.
Anyways its a great game, and PS3 owners should not be afraid about the horrible reviews that people have been giving without even playing the actual game.
I have no complaints with the graphics although I read that the 360 version is much sharper, it didn't detract me from enjoying the game or cause me to die because of any graphical glitches reported; if I die is probably skill related. Background color seems lacking, but this is probably due to the fact that Bayonetta fights multiple/huge Angels which makes it easier to identify them for combos.
If you've played Devil May Cry then you pretty much know how Bayonetta plays. Battle is fast paced with epic boss battles that can take minutes to defeat, and will get better and bigger the farther you get in the game. Battles will take you from the ground, air, water, and even space just to name a few. Weapons can be equipped on both hands and feet from guns, whips, katana, to claws etc. and can keep two weapon group setup so you can switch between them during battle for different combo effects. Also besides weapons, you can equip accessories, costumes, create/concoct items, and assign consumables so you can use them on the fly without interruption. Shooting galleries follows each chapter allowing you to trade points on items that can enhance/support your HP/MP for the next level. Items can be bought at the "Gates of Hell" bar accessible through a red portal you'll find in each chapter.Read more ›
Actually, this is a solid 4-star game for me. I just want to draw attentions of gamers who are on the fence and still considering about buying this game with an analytical point of view.
Light: The game is everything you'd expected from the creator of Devil May Cry. Fast paced, over-the-top, cool heroine with attitude, cool guns and melee weapons, crazy combos and evasive moves. Combats are satisfying as hell.
The 2-button-attack system makes it simple to do combos. You can either get away with a couple of combos or go crazy and be the martial arts master. A lot of unlockables give the game a good replay value.
Dark: Yeah, it's everything you'd expected from the creator of DMC all right, including the difficulty. Remember that DMC3's difficulty had to be dropped down when they released the special edition, according to complaints from fans. This game is not exactly Ninja Gaiden or Demon's Souls, but it can be punishing at times.
- You can't button-mash your way through the game. Your attacks don't really have a powerful impact or knock-back effect, so enemies counter you all the time. That makes remembering the sets of moves and plan how to execute them in the right moment important.
- Dodging is crucial to your survival, maybe a little too much since you don't have any blocking move. Screw up your dodge once, and the consequence is severe. Health bar can be drained half by one set of 3-hit combo from an enemy.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice game but second one wasn't made for Sony what a bummer....Published 1 day ago by marie Aristide
I'm a huge Bayonetta Fan and I love her! Bayonetta is amazing and she is so bad a**! This game is amazing and so cool!Published 3 months ago by EvFan17
Bayonetta is a sexy, spell binding adventure game. Get the second one, and get her on Smash Brothers. Complete your bayonetta media collection.Published 4 months ago by None
Love, love, love, love, love Bayonetta. This game is great. People who say it's choppy must have one hell of a TV because I can't see anything.Published 6 months ago by VShade
Game was in excellent condition and was delivered fast! A+ ! Very happy with my purchase!Published 6 months ago by Mholdren