Industrial Deals Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $1.99 Action and Adventure Rentals for Prime Members $1.99 Action and Adventure Rentals for Prime Members $1.99 Action and Adventure Rentals for Prime Members  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 26, 2013
Very simple to use does precisely what you'd expect it to do. Yes, you will eventually lose the o-rings that come with it. No, it's not a big deal.

The o-rings are standardized.

AS568A-012 that's the size you're looking for.

ID: 3/8"
OD: 1/2"

ID: 0.364"
OD: 0.504"

If you're wanting to order them online and have them shipped to you McMaster-Carr sells them at the price of $7.26 (plus s/h) for a pack of 50. At McMaster-Carr you're looking for item number 9396K17. This particular item number is silicone with a temperature range, in Fahrenheit, of -65 to +425. The item is FDA compliant so it's food safe.

This thing works great for what it is and I do not understand the hatred for o-rings not being easily replaced. Yes it'd be nice for them to toss a few extras in, but I understand why the company doesn't just sell the o-rings. They're easy to obtain, for cheap, from numerous suppliers.
review imagereview image
88 comments| 184 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 8, 2009
We use Kraft Tuscan House Italian salad Dressing for our Chicken and Turkey
marinade. The problem with that salad dressing is the herbs stick in most
injectors. We actually broke a cheap injector trying to squeeze it too hard!

This Bayou classic injector has a needle for herb type mariandes.
Kraft makes great salad dressing and on chicken and turkey it's brilliant.
But it's loaded with herbs and spices. Well, fear not.
The needle is so sharp I can't imagine any meat it can't penetrate and
while the bigger herbs might need a bit more push or pull it works

On chicken breasts it slides in and is super easy to inject just the amount
you want. It's built like a tank and my only complaint is that it was missing
a rubber washer on one of the needles. But we don't use pure liquid marinades
anyway so it's not a problem.

It's also easy to clean, just unscrew the cap and the needle.
This one looks like it will last us a long time and we eat either chicken
or turkey daily, so this is going to get a lot of use.

We will try it with steak tips in a couple of weeks and see how that works.
But if you want to inject mariande with herbs into your meat, without them
getting stuck in the needle, THIS is the unit you are looking for.
44 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 19, 2017
Super heavy duty stainless steel marinade injector. This is by far the best one I have ever owned. It is easy to load and use and will last years as it is a quality made product. The two types of needles on it allow for both straight liquid injections and larger holes allowing for minced herbs to be injected. I did not have to puree everything before I put the garlic marinade into the turkey. Great great product. Thank you!
on December 2, 2015
If you are in the market for a quality meat injector, this is the real deal! I've used it 3 times so far and now when I shop, I'm constantly on the look out for the perfect piece of meat to inject, jab, stab, stick, poke, shoot up, shoot down, whatever you want to call it!!! I just love it...

When this beautiful contraption first arrived, I seriously wasn't sure what to think or what to do with it. It was shortly before thanksgiving so I watched every you tube video on the subject and learned how to use it! I made a marinade and went to work on my turkey!!!! My mother in law said it was the juiciest , yummiest, turkey she had ever tried... if that's not a compliment I don't know what is!

I can’t tell you how EXTREMELY HEAVY-DUTY this is!!! Aside from my initial confusion, I was really very shocked when I opened the box, removed the injector and held it in my hands. It has serious weight to it and once it was properly 'primed' (with veg oil) it was SO easy to use and my first injected turkey ever was pretty amazing. The 2 needles included are just as extreme as is the lifetime warranty.

I've really learned a lot about injecting, marinades and grilling baking etc.. I really thought I was a master griller before (because I am pretty awesome!) this is a great tool to make my dishes even better!
on February 20, 2016
This is not stainless steel. Parts of it might be stainless, but the female threads on the syringe tube where it meets the injector threads is pitting and brittle. This is not stainless. The underside of the plunger syringe cap has also worn off a thin layer of some metal, and it is corroding. If this were stainless you should be able to remove the rust (if any) and it would revert to the original finish if polished. This is simply not the case. Some of these parts are plated. The point in buying stainless steel is to have something that will last, in addition I was interested in the non-reactive properties of stainless. If I were to inject anything acidic it will dissolve the metal ions and a) throw off the flavor and b) over time it is toxic.

If the product did not claim to be stainless it wouldn't be an issue. But I bought this product based on this claim. The product has been kept dry, treated the same as all my other metalware. This is the only product I have that is rusting, except for my skillet which is expected its cast iron. If anyone is interested I will post pictures of the peeling surface.
on November 25, 2017
Let me start by saying that I don't know what took me so long to find this. For years, every stinking year I bought a glass or plastic syringe to shoot the turkey up with homemade turkey stock at Thanksgiving. Every stinking year the glass or plastic would crack by the last baste if not before. This year I found this one. Worked perfectly, washed up great with a bottle brush and is very heavy duty. No glass or plastic to break. I will probably have this for years to come.
on June 5, 2014
I know, the title is ridiculously long. But really, we raised 25 chickens last year and I have not liked cooking them. The breast meat was always sooooooo dry no matter how I cooked them. This little tool solved this problem!!!

I love the website and I was reading about injecting brine into meat. They listed recipes and told you how to do it. Well, thanks to that website, I thought injecting a brine might solve my dry chicken breast problem. So I purchased this injector, did a simple salt, sugar & water brine and injected my 6# home grown chicken with it. I let it sit in the fridge for 18 hours and then cooked it beer butt style. It was superb! Everyone loved this chicken and were impressed we grew it.

Little did they know that it took a half dozen dry chicken breast to finally discover the secret! I'm sold. I can hardly wait to try it on a bunch of other things.

As far as the tool, I used the needle without the additional holes and it worked great! It was easy to stab into the meat. And slurping up the brine was very easy since someone recommended using a narrow glass. Overall great little tool!
on March 6, 2013
I am a grill master. I live in New Jersey and work the grill as long as I can get to it even during those wintery days. I have used a ton of plastic seasoning injectors in the past. They simply could not keep up with the toughness of the meat. I saw this product to made of metal, which is a good thing for being sturdy. I ordered it and have used it three times since then. Talk about meat being seasoned all over.

So, why am I giving the product three starts? My package had both the needles the same. The product is supposed to have two separate needles, one with just one hole and the other with multi-holes. The needle with multi-holes was missing. Not to waste Amazon's money (in the end it will come out of our pockets,) I contacted Bayou Classic explaining my situation. This is the response I got from them:
Please contact either Amazon or the manufacturer, Barbour International.

Customer Service
I contacted Amazon. They sent me a new package and a free shipping label to ship the wrong package back to them, costing minimally $6 in shipping. Bayou could have sent the same needle directly to me for perhaps 1/4 of this unnecessary expense. So, if this product goes up in price next year, you know what caused it.

Bad Bayou!
on August 1, 2012
I really like this injector. I had previously used the smaller, plastic Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Marinade Injector, but after a few uses the clear syringe wall cracked where the needle fitting screwed into it, causing a leak that made it unusable. I decided to try a more robust model and settled on testing the Butterball 2-Ounce Stainless Marinade Injector and the Bayou Classic 5011 2-Ounce Stainless-Steel Seasoning Injector with Marinade Needles models. The solid metal construction on these models gives the impression they will decidedly outlast the injector being replaced. Comparing the two side-by-side, both appear to have almost identical syringe construction with a nice heft and solid feel, but the actual injector needles are dramatically different and should probably be the determining factor for which to purchase.

The Butterball injector uses the same small-gauge shorter (~2 inch) needle utilized by the Raichlen model. For my purposes (mostly liquid injecting pork butts for smoking) this needle works just fine, so it will probably remain my go-to for most projects. I especially like that the smaller gauge of the needle means smaller holes in the meat, which will hopefully minimize leakage once removed. The fact that the Raichlen needle from my broken injector fits the adapter on this unit is a welcome bonus as well.

The Bayou Classic model uses radically larger needles and includes two different versions, one for liquids and one for more chunky fare. These needles are horror movie material, each measuring in at roughly six inches long and quite robust. These would certainly be more practical if you were injecting something BIG that required more penetration than the other model's needle could handle, but for me it seems like overkill for most applications. Having said that, the fact that there are two needles included, and that one is designed to allow you to, say, inject minced garlic into a roast may be just the kind of thing that would make this a better option for some.

So, for me these items are both great options, but the smaller gauge, shorter needle is just what I'm looking for so the Butterball is my pick. As it happens, since the parts are interchangeable between the two metal models I'm just going to keep them both in the same drawer and pick and choose as needed. Some combination of parts is bound to be just what the doctor ordered... so to speak.
on June 28, 2016
Initially, I was impressed by the construction. It gives the impression that the item will last and function for a long time.

However, by the 3rd use, the slide had seemingly become too large for the chamber. It took some serious effort to get the plunger back into the unit, and operating the device took two hands and patience.

By the 5th use, the suction was lost from the injector. It could no longer draw liquid, hold liquid, or inject liquid. All this while I had a 13 lb brisket ready to cook! Closer inspection showed the rubber gasket surrounding the plunger had torn, making a vacuum impossible.

Thought I bought quality, now I have to eat a dry brisket.