Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,164 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,224 reviews
on September 8, 2009
We use Kraft Tuscan House Italian salad Dressing for our Chicken and Turkey
marinade. The problem with that salad dressing is the herbs stick in most
injectors. We actually broke a cheap injector trying to squeeze it too hard!

This Bayou classic injector has a needle for herb type mariandes.
Kraft makes great salad dressing and on chicken and turkey it's brilliant.
But it's loaded with herbs and spices. Well, fear not.
The needle is so sharp I can't imagine any meat it can't penetrate and
while the bigger herbs might need a bit more push or pull it works
flawlessly.

On chicken breasts it slides in and is super easy to inject just the amount
you want. It's built like a tank and my only complaint is that it was missing
a rubber washer on one of the needles. But we don't use pure liquid marinades
anyway so it's not a problem.

It's also easy to clean, just unscrew the cap and the needle.
This one looks like it will last us a long time and we eat either chicken
or turkey daily, so this is going to get a lot of use.

We will try it with steak tips in a couple of weeks and see how that works.
But if you want to inject mariande with herbs into your meat, without them
getting stuck in the needle, THIS is the unit you are looking for.
44 comments| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2013
Very simple to use does precisely what you'd expect it to do. Yes, you will eventually lose the o-rings that come with it. No, it's not a big deal.

The o-rings are standardized.

AS568A-012 that's the size you're looking for.

Fractional:
ID: 3/8"
OD: 1/2"

Actual
ID: 0.364"
OD: 0.504"

If you're wanting to order them online and have them shipped to you McMaster-Carr sells them at the price of $7.26 (plus s/h) for a pack of 50. At McMaster-Carr you're looking for item number 9396K17. This particular item number is silicone with a temperature range, in Fahrenheit, of -65 to +425. The item is FDA compliant so it's food safe.

This thing works great for what it is and I do not understand the hatred for o-rings not being easily replaced. Yes it'd be nice for them to toss a few extras in, but I understand why the company doesn't just sell the o-rings. They're easy to obtain, for cheap, from numerous suppliers.
review image review image
88 comments| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2016
So, first timer here trying to inject a turkey. Used the needle with multiple holes since my sauce was liquid mostly (no chunks etc), and I wanted the best saturation I could get. Perhaps there were instructions somewhere (I didn't look very hard), but either they are hidden/missing, or I was just too excited to start sticking that bird.

Anywho, I stick it in deep, plunge, then extract to stick to a new area. WARNING!!! As soon as the first hole in the needle comes out, all the pressure you just created in the bird comes squirting back out that hole. Maybe some one-way valves would help, but eventually, stuff leaks.
this is a well made heavy duty stainless steal meat injector. this is so much better then the cheap plastic injectors I've been using wished I bought this years ago. the needles are 6" long & work very well. I don't see any problems with cross threading when putting together like one reviewer have stated I guess it could happen if your not careful. this injector works great just remember to keep the rubber seal oiled I use vegetable oil that way the seal won't roll up and come off. I think this was worth the money I would buy this again.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 19, 2017
Super heavy duty stainless steel marinade injector. This is by far the best one I have ever owned. It is easy to load and use and will last years as it is a quality made product. The two types of needles on it allow for both straight liquid injections and larger holes allowing for minced herbs to be injected. I did not have to puree everything before I put the garlic marinade into the turkey. Great great product. Thank you!
on March 27, 2017
Okay so I like this, but I hate it too. Sometimes it gets stuck when I'm trying to pull it out, or push the juices/marinade in. It's heavy, so it's hard to do with one hand, so if you're working in the kitchen or at the grill alone it can be a pain. That being said my Turkey's and Rotisserie Chickens have never been so juicy and tasty, so it gets the job done.
on August 10, 2013
So today I tried to use the secondary needle that comes with this injector (Minced Marinade Needle). And to my surprise I realized that they sent the incorrect one. The injector is made to accept the needle with a big threaded head, however the Minced Marinade Needle that I received had a small threaded head and was only 2" long. I didn't notice this issue when I received it since it was attached to a cleaning brush and bypassed it quickly.

I then tried to return/replace with Amazon but of course customer service says I am 8 days past my return time. Great Customer Service Amazon!

BE WARNED EVERYONE, PLEASE CONFIRM YOU GET THE CORRECT NEEDLES RIGHT AWAY, OR YOU MIGHT END UP LIKE ME, WITH A USELESS MINCED MARINADE NEEDLE!

*** Updated***
I talked to Customer Service Via Chat, and they made this all better. I will return the Item and receive a full refund, and then just have to repurchase the item. It's a hassle but the item is GREAT so Once I get it, I will do another review and give it the well deserved 5 stars, if everything comes out correct this time around!
on October 16, 2015
The needles are strong and do a good job at puncturing the skin of the brined animal. I managed to break the needle on the GrillPro 14950 Marinade Injector when I was doing a whole pig that is what pushed me to this item, however in my opinion, this is too large to use on pork butt/shoulder or brisket and I replaced the failed grillpro, this is however is great for whole pig. I will note, my injection is generally a water like consistency, not think like a gravy, so the size of the needle does make control a little harder. It's packaged well, and comes apart pretty easy. I do have a complaint about the amount of pressure required to move the plunger inside the reservoir and that is why it's rated 4 stars.
on December 1, 2016
Fantastic injector. This is one of the more inexpensive ones on Amazon, but it is very high quality. It is packaged very nicely, and there are extra seals/O rings for each nozzle and for the main chamber plunger. It is solid, and easy to use. It comes apart for easy cleaning, too. I used it on Thanksgiving to inject a turkey that was smoked. My only minor complaint is that the holes that go up the side of the nozzle to inject the liquids maybe go up a little too high. When you're injecting the meat, you need to make sure the nozzle is inserted past the last hole, otherwise the liquid will spray out of the exposed hole. This isn't a problem for most of the turkey that I was injecting, but there were a few spots where it was tricky to insert it deep enough.
on December 31, 2016
this product works great when you have the single opening needle on it, however when you're using the needle with holes up the sides its nearly impossible to get full of injection because the holes go up to high. you have to put the injector marinade into a tall slender container to have a chance at it...bummer.