Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on March 1, 2014
Two months later - it's getting easier to use as I get used to it. Made a few adjustments as you can see in my original review. Watched an infomercial with Chuck Norris for his Total Gymm and it taught me some exercises that are useful. Original Review follows: Paid $449. First, I was worried that I would not be able to fold this to move it around because my back is badly injured with structural damage to the vertebra and disks. Been fighting off the surgeons for years - they want to fuse several vertebrae. But, I have no problem lifting it from the middle to fold the machine. It rolls easily. However, I leave it set-up all the time in a spare bedroom. It's a full 8 feet in length so it's big. I bought this to exercise my leg and lower back muscles to help support my lower back. Last year I worked on a Pilates reformer with a coach to do the same thing but muscles had started to get out of shape again. The machine does the trick. It comes with a great DVD that has the Pilates exercises at the very end of the DVD and an instruction book with pictures and step by step for each exercise. I also use it to exercise my shoulders and upper back muscles. I did have to put some foam at the base so that the slide board wouldn't bang so hard when I let it go all the way down. Some reviews complained about a rough feel as the wheels go over the joint but it's no big deal to me and I'm picky. It came well packed. Was relatively easy to set-up EXCEPT the shoulder pads would not fit over the bolts that they slide onto. I had to drill out the two holes a little in each shoulder pad to make them fit over the bolts. Well made machine otherwise and am very pleased with the purchase.
on January 30, 2014
This machine is so much better than the Total Gym. It comes with all the attachments...not like the Total Gym in which you have to buy each attachment separately and that can add up very quickly. My kids who are 10 and 12 years old are on it every day, which makes me so very happy. It is sturdy enough to hold my husband who is a large man with no problems what so ever. The Total Gym did not have a machine in my price range that could stand up to his present weight. This is a solid machine that is fun to work out on. I did have one piece that was defective and the wheels were a little wonky but Bayou FItness is sending me new parts as we speak with tracking...I think the wheels got messed up in transit with all the banging around the package must of gone through. Bayou Fitness customer service was helpful and very accommodating and so pleasant to deal with. One phone call and a quick email and in a couple days the parts were posted to ship to me. I am pleased with this purchase and I could not of touched a Total Gym of this quality for the price I paid. If you are considering a piece of equipment like this...I would highly recommend looking into the Total Trainer Pilates Pro Reformer.
on March 25, 2017
I love my Total Trainer! I have fibromyalgia and have been in a very low pain season of the disease the last year. I am just getting started again but I love I!
on April 22, 2011
I'm thrilled to have this machine. It has helped me and my family become consistent in our exercise routine because it is so easy and fun to use. The quality is great and it can handle everything. It does all that I need it to. I especially like going from one exercise right into another so quickly. You can get a great workout with this machine!
on April 6, 2014
Well built better machine for the money than total gym. To buy same quality machine from total gym would have been twice the money. Am completely satisfied
on March 24, 2014
It is really good for my needs except that is not as easy to fold up & move as they claim. You must remove all attachments first & it is heavy & doesn't roll well. Otherwise, it is great. Easy to use, has various ways to use it, etc.
on November 2, 2014
Its bigger than I expected but I'm 6'3 300lbs ex power lifter so that was definitely a good thing. I love it! If you're a big guy trying to cut your weight back this is the right choice!
on March 12, 2013
Received it but wheels wobbled like a car with a bent rim. They were quickly replaced and it was better. Works well but is not as smooth as I had hoped.
on February 26, 2013
I was looking for an exercise machine comparable to the total gym. The bayou fitness trainer gives me the type of resistant training, stretching and strengthening exercise that I was looking for. The machine is smooth. At first I thought it was difficult to set up but it was just a matter of developing the technique to how it opens. My husband a and I both use it. I have not altered my diet. I have not lost pounds but I have lost inches. All of my clothes are loose. I love it!!!
on November 19, 2010
My wife my son and I all use this machine daily. We had the total gym about 8 years ago and there is no comparison. This is made better more comfortable to use and all the attachments you will ever need come with it- had to buy them separate from total gym.