Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 23, 2018
Be the Change is a great introduction to the benifits of meditation. The book is based on personal accounts of how meditation has helped many people when confronted with very challanging life situations. Since reading the book some ten years ago, I began to practice meditation. It has become a regular part of my life and has helped me through some very difficult times. Now, I often find myself replacing the book, because I keep giving my copy to friends and acquaintances who are overwhelmed by their circumstance. Many thanks to the authors of the book.
on September 27, 2015
The Shapiros have created a convincing argument for the power of meditation to transform lives. I am inspired by the meditation practitioners' and spiritual leaders' accounts of how meditation has transformed theirs. I wish that more people in positions of power would have these experiences
on July 6, 2015
I saw someone else reading this book, and had to get myself a copy. So far, so good.
on April 2, 2012
A great book for beginning meditators or seasoned practitioners, really breaks it down and shares knowledge and views of some of our greatest teachers today!
on January 15, 2013
This book incorporates the voices of the authors along with dozens of other highly skilled practitioners and thinkers. It is written in very accessible terms. It is a great choice for the novice contemplative.
on April 12, 2015
Not quite what I thought it was going to be. Seemed to be written more for someone looking for a purpose in their lives, not for someone interested in how meditation can change their life to accomplish what they desire to accomplish (for instance...to become more tolerant, etc.). I can see how some may like it, but I didn't.
on November 25, 2009
I've read many books on meditation and yours is so warm, human and accessible that it makes me smile. Meditation is more of a character in your book than the subject of it! ... Meditation is the magic carpet that carries all the people telling their stories, on a journey that transforms them from whatever they were before to something better after. ... as the reader I get to be along for the ride. Thank you Ed and Deb Shapiro!
on July 20, 2014
Just what the title suggest. It starts with you.
on March 1, 2015
Life afirming
on June 21, 2011
I love the collection of insights and stories Ed and Deb Shapiro have collected in their book, "Be the Change." I've meditated for over four decades (and knew Ed Shapiro when he was first initiated into meditation by my teacher, Swami Satchidananda), and I found the information in this book increased my understanding of why I meditate and the benefits that are derived from it. The forward by H. H. the Dalai Lama revealed why meditation is important individually and globally. The light, conversational tone of the text is easy to read. Each segment is brief and easy to access. There's nothing ponderous or lugubrious about the more than 300 pages. At first, I thought it was a cheap gimmick to interview dozens of New Age celebrities about meditation, but I found what they had to say was valuable. And the personal narrative from the two authors provided rich texture that functioned to bind together all the interviews. The interviews come from people from all walks of life: from spiritual practitioners, scientists, artists, actors, sociologists, diplomats and ordinary folk. I found myself making ample use of the index in the back of the book, where I could look up and learn about the diverse backgrounds of the interviewees and note when and where I would want to learn more from them. Most of all: Reading just a short segment of the book usually inspired me to close my eyes and to turn within, to actualize the words I had just read by spending time in meditation and so, with my own practice, be the change I want to see in the world.