- Age Range: 12 and up
- Grade Level: 7 - 12
- Lexile Measure: 1130 (What's this?)
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Simon Pulse/Beyond Words (September 16, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1582704643
- ISBN-13: 978-1582704647
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 23 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #105,454 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Be a Changemaker: How to Start Something That Matters Paperback – September 16, 2014
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Winner of the 2015 Coalition of Visionary Resources Book of the Year Award
- Winner of the 2015 SCBWI Crystal Kite Members' Choice Award, West Division
- Recipient of the Parents' Choice Recommended Seal
- Winner of a 2015 Nautilus Silver Award for Young Adult Nonfiction
- Winner of a 2015 Moonbeam Awards Gold Medal
- Winner of a 2015 Gelett Burgess Children's Book Award
- A Junior Library Guild selection
- A 2014 Cybils Award finalist
Finalist for 2014 Cybils Award
"Teens with an entrepreneurial and charitable bent will find this book a trove." (School Library Journal)
About the Author
Laurie Ann Thompson cofounded a successful Internet start-up with her husband during the technology boom. She has volunteered with Youth Venture, an organization that supports teens with big ideas, and she makes time for other volunteer opportunities as they arise. Thompson has more than twenty-five published articles in Faces, Know, Kono, WeeOnes, ParentMap, and more. Visit her at LaurieThompson.com.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Showing 1-8 of 23 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
In the chapter titled Pairing Up for Perfect Partnerships, the mind mapping approach is described. It is a way to "organize your brainstorming and associate related ideas together." This technique is a powerful way to engage your creativity and then organize the ideas you have come up with in a way that increases the likelihood that you will move forward effectively. Another chapter deals with how to identify the difference you want to make. The exercise that you are taken through begins with identifying your passion, then your skills and ends with what needs to be done. Very logical, very helpful. Other topics that are covered are how to build your dream team, how to sell, how to work with the media and many more.
This valuable book ends with a resource section that provides website information for most of the chapters, additional resources by and for youth, and general business tips. Although the book tells stories about the success of young people, you do not have to be a young person to benefit from it since it touches on multiple topics about organizing an effort of personal interest, no matter what your age.
I kept reading it because it was so good.
Now I am really impressed with my friend, because it turns out she wrote an awesome book. It's useful and inspirational. I bought three more copies to give to organizations that work with tweens and teens. It's a great thing to have on your shelf when a kid comes to you wanting to know how to make a difference.
The world is a better place with this book in it.