Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

My Little Sandbox - Pirates Ahoy! Play Set

on December 7, 2015
I love My Little Sandboxes. We have several and my children will play with them for an hour or two at a time. My son received this for a gift several months ago and it's the first one we've owned with colored sand. The sand smells awful! Whatever they used to dye it with releases a terrible smell. My eyes start burning every time I open the box to get the sandbox out. I have a headache before he's done paying with it. I thought the smell would dissipate after a while, but it hasn't. I'm not usually the type to get paranoid about toys and smells, but this smell is just so strong! I don't feel comfortable letting my son play with it anymore. Like I said, I love My little sandboxes, but stay away from the ones with colored sand!
on December 29, 2015
I bought 3 of these for my 3 different kids. This was the only one worth the money. The pieces are many and of higher quality plastic than the space and princess sets. It is really a fun set that my 4 year old loved!
on September 22, 2015
These are super cute! I got one for my 3 year old son and a mermaid one for my 4 year old daughter. Of course it is sand so it can make a little mess but I found that each of them having their own makes for a much smaller mess than the two of the in a regular sand box that I have to clean out or keep covered outside.
on June 22, 2017
This is so cute! My Son with Autism enjoys playing with it.
on December 26, 2016
3 year old enjoys playing with this for hours! Wish it came with extra sand though.
on October 11, 2013
Great gift if you would like to find a toy your child can play with quietly by themselves!!

Only con is that you will end up with sand on the floor and eventually the sandbox will run out of sand, worth the mess for some minutes of peace :)
on July 10, 2014
Cute toy - and my grandnephews - 4 and 6 - enjoyed it and did not make too much of a mess. It has a lot of small pieces so would not be suitable for a younger child. The quantity of sand that is sent with the toy is quite sparse.
on January 6, 2017
Fun!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
OK--so I knew this would be messy even before I purchased it, but my son is really into pirates, so I figured it could be an outdoor toy. The sand is VERY clingy to hands/table, etc. So indoors could really make a big mess.

The pieces are really cute, but they are very tiny. So I don't think it would be good for any child younger than 4.

All that said--he just loves this toy. Even his 8 yr old sister wants to join in, and it seems to hold his interest a long time, which is rare. The box is very sturdy and is holding up well, even though it got rained on one day! It would be nice if they had included an extra package of sand, since it is inevitable that it is slowly disappearing over time.

Overall, it is a big hit with my 4 yr old son!
on June 27, 2014
My 4 year old loves it. I love it. I don't mind picking up the sand mess after hi has played.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.