Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Be Obsessed or Be Average Hardcover – October 11, 2016
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
"It's got so much positive energy that it's impossible to read it without getting energized!"
"This fast-moving, entertaining, inspiring book is loaded with practical ideas to help you achieve greater success faster than you ever thought possible."—BRIAN TRACY, author of Get Smart!
"Real talk: anybody can be average...but why settle for average when you can be phenomenal! Grant Cardone's Be Obsessed or Be Average is your guide to unleashing your 'phenomenal!'"—ERIC THOMAS, preacher and motivational speaker
"Grant Cardone has succeeded at the highest levels of business by channeling his obsession to knock down walls and achieve his ultimate goals. Succeeding at the highest level requires a degree of obsession, a sense of desperation; Grant has embodied that through his remarkable career, and in this book he shares his personal experiences and life lessons to help you achieve great success, too."—FRAN TARKENTON, Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback and entrepreneur
"Cardone discovered the key to transforming his life by harnessing the one essential ingredient that all successful people have in common—obsession. Whatever your big dream is, this book will help you unlock the power you already possess and take your life to the next level."—RYAN BLAIR, author of Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain and Rock Bottom to Rock Star
"Grant Cardone has actually done what millions of people dream about. He became a self-made multimillionaire with no formal training, and he did it during one of the worst economic times in recent history. As you read this book, you'll discover his secret is actually very simple...and very fulfilling. For those who use this information, it will be a life changer."—FRANK KERN, marketing strategist
"Grant Cardone is obsessed. He is obsessed with living and manifesting an utmost life. His obsession is now changing the lives of millions."—TIM STOREY, motivational speaker
"Be Obsessed or Be Average will challenge your thinking, make you more sales, and fill your wallet. You may not be able to buy a jet at the end of this book, but you'll definitely be flying first class!"—JEFFREY GITOMER, author of The Little Red Book of Selling
About the Author
Grant Cardone is a massively successful entrepreneur, real estate investor, sales trainer, consultant, and public speaker. He also owns the Grant Cardone TV Network, a digital home for business owners and other success-minded people, where he hosts, directs, and produces programs that help people do whatever it takes to succeed. His bestselling books include The 10X Rule and If You're Not First, You're Last. He lives in Miami Beach with his wife, Elena Lyons Cardone, and two children. An active philanthropist, Grant will be donating a portion of the proceeds from this book to Drug Free America and Drug Free World.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are the things I love about Be Obsessed or Be Average:
1) I really loved learning more about his personal story of his battle with drug addition.
2) I love his attitude and the way he tells everything it like it is. He wants everyone to know him, but he’s not out to win a popularity contest. I seriously respect him for his no-BS attitude.
Here are the main takeaways I got from Be Obsessed or Be Average:
1) There is no one thing in life that you should be obsessed about. Be obsessed with EVERYTHING! Be OBSESSED with being an incredible son/daughter/mother/father/brother/sister/friend/etc. Be OBSESSED with being a rockstar entrepreneur, salesman, or whatever your career path might be. Be OBSESSED with achieving your ideal physique. Be OBSESSED with amassing a monstrous net worth for your family and to pursue opportunities to help others. Be OBSESSED with giving back to your family, your community, and the world! Be OBSESSED with learning to cook, play guitar, sing, dance, and improve yourself every day!
2) Don't simply love yourself the way you are. Be grateful for life and the limitless opportunities around you, but don't settle. Be grateful, but don’t be content. As I like to say, I’m “PROUD BUT NEVER SATISFIED."
3) Keep it simple stupid. The people who do nothing often get complex first. For example, Grant says that he was at first skeptical about social media, but then learned a bit about it, realized its potential, and then dove in head first with MASSIVE ACTION while his competition was asking "How do you calculate the ROI of social media?” Stupid question…keep it simple and favor action. Planning is great, but “preparation” too often becomes procrastination.
4) Comfort is your biggest threat in today's economy. Being out at sea is safer than hiding in the harbor.
5) You can re-create yourself anywhere. Moving to a new city or town is an opportunity for monster personal growth.
6) OVER-promise and OVER-deliver. Grant says this all the time and the phrase is a game changer. Go ALL IN…EVERY TIME. “Under-promise and over-deliver” is a phrase for under achievers. As Grant says in The 10X Rule, “Imagine that the products and services we’re so often temped to buy used ‘average’ in their advertising: ’This fairly average product can be found at an average price and delivers mediocre results.’ Who would buy such a product? People certainly don’t go out of their way to find and pay for run-of-the-mill merchandise.” Promise BIG results and deliver at an even HIGHER level.
7) YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO BE OBSESSED! There is nothing wrong with being obsessed. Anyone who pushes beyond average will face ridicule from society. If you’ve got 10 haters, let’s make it 20.
I simple have no negative comments about this book. It is quite possibly the best book I have ever read.
Thank you so much Grant. I love you man. I can’t wait to take you out for lunch some day soon. Maybe when I hit my first million :)
Thanks for reading this review. If you thought it was helpful, I’d appreciate a thumbs up! Thanks and have a great day!!
I AM OBSESSED AND REFUSE TO HAVE AN AVERAGE LIFE. #BEOBSESSED
I have personally experienced such an empowering goal-driven change in my thinking, actions and feelings. I cannot recommend this book enough! I bought 3 to give to my friends and family.. If you don't follow Grant on YouTube and other social media I highly recommend it. His energy and passion are contagious. He drops so much knowledge on you it's almost like personal mentorship.
Thank you Grant for being awesome and following your dreams. Because of that you are helping countless others follow theirs.
GET THIS BOOK!!!
The message of this book is to be obsessed. While this message gets repeated a lot, that's the point. Be obsessed, be obsessed, be obsessed. I found this book very inspirational and has given me some drive. I looked into his other books and the census seems to be that those are more geared towards business. While this book is based a lot around Cardone's business experiences, I think a lot of what he tells you can be applied to anything.
I would definitely recommend this book. It's easy to understand and easy to read. Check it out.