FREE delivery: Tuesday, Dec 13 on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon.
Ships from: Amazon.com Sold by: Amazon.com
Other Sellers on Amazon
Follow the Author
Be Obsessed or Be Average Hardcover – October 11, 2016
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enhance your purchase
Before Grant Cardone built five successful companies (and counting), became a multimillionaire, and wrote bestselling books... he was broke, jobless, and drug-addicted.
Grant had grown up with big dreams, but friends and family told him to be more reasonable and less demanding. If he played by the rules, they said, he could enjoy everyone else’s version of middle class success. But when he tried it their way, he hit rock bottom.
Then he tried the opposite approach. He said NO to the haters and naysayers and said YES to his burning, outrageous, animal obsession. He reclaimed his obsession with wanting to be a business rock star, a super salesman, a huge philanthropist. He wanted to live in a mansion and even own an airplane.
Obsession made all of his wildest dreams come true. And it can help you achieve massive success too. As Grant says, we're in the middle of an epidemic of average. The conventional wisdom is to seek balance and take it easy. But that has really just given us an excuse to be unexceptional.
If you want real success, you have to know how to harness your obsession to rocket to the top. This book will give you the inspiration and tools to break out of your cocoon of mediocrity and achieve your craziest dreams. Grant will teach you how to:
· Set crazy goals—and reach them, every single day.
· Feed the beast: when you value money and spend it on the right things, you get more of it.
· Shut down the doubters—and use your haters as fuel.
Whether you're a sales person, small business owner, or 9-to-5 working stiff, your path to happiness runs though your obsessions. It's a simple choice: be obsessed or be average.
"This fast-moving, entertaining, inspiring book is loaded with practical ideas to help you achieve greater success faster than you ever thought possible."—BRIAN TRACY, author of Get Smart!
"Real talk: anybody can be average...but why settle for average when you can be phenomenal! Grant Cardone's Be Obsessed or Be Average is your guide to unleashing your 'phenomenal!'"—ERIC THOMAS, preacher and motivational speaker
"Grant Cardone has succeeded at the highest levels of business by channeling his obsession to knock down walls and achieve his ultimate goals. Succeeding at the highest level requires a degree of obsession, a sense of desperation; Grant has embodied that through his remarkable career, and in this book he shares his personal experiences and life lessons to help you achieve great success, too."—FRAN TARKENTON, Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback and entrepreneur
"Cardone discovered the key to transforming his life by harnessing the one essential ingredient that all successful people have in common—obsession. Whatever your big dream is, this book will help you unlock the power you already possess and take your life to the next level."—RYAN BLAIR, author of Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain and Rock Bottom to Rock Star
"Grant Cardone has actually done what millions of people dream about. He became a self-made multimillionaire with no formal training, and he did it during one of the worst economic times in recent history. As you read this book, you'll discover his secret is actually very simple...and very fulfilling. For those who use this information, it will be a life changer."—FRANK KERN, marketing strategist
"Grant Cardone is obsessed. He is obsessed with living and manifesting an utmost life. His obsession is now changing the lives of millions."—TIM STOREY, motivational speaker
"Be Obsessed or Be Average will challenge your thinking, make you more sales, and fill your wallet. You may not be able to buy a jet at the end of this book, but you'll definitely be flying first class!"—JEFFREY GITOMER, author of The Little Red Book of Selling
About the Author
- ASIN : 1101981059
- Publisher : Portfolio; First Edition, Fourth Printing (October 11, 2016)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 240 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781101981054
- ISBN-13 : 978-1101981054
- Item Weight : 14.4 ounces
- Dimensions : 6.21 x 0.89 x 9.25 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #46,535 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Brief disclaimer, because when I reread this I felt I sounded like a plant: I don’t know Cardone, and the first I heard of him was a few days ago during the Carmichael interview (who is also awesome).
So, in the spirit of the book, I decided to attempt to read it within 24 hours. With a brief sleep in between sessions, a 2-minute repeating timer to keep me on track, and a combined speed-read/eating dual wield for lunch, I did it in just under 22 hours! Also, I was fifteen minutes early to work.
Two other amazing things happened today. Brief background: I work three jobs, as a server, at the front desk in a hotel, and as a freelance composer/producer. When I went to the hotel we had four rooms vacant. In the past I’ve seen my job as simply checking in guests and taking care of their various requests. Today however I decided I’m going to get these rooms sold. And I did! By semi-cold calling and working with a few walk-ins on the price, I filled every room.
One more. A few weeks ago I was checking a woman out (of the hotel), and she asked if I was in school. I told her I just graduated in conducting but also have been freelance composing and producing for years. She took down my info, but I figured I’d never hear anything. But just now when I got home I checked my email, literally 45 minutes ago, and had received a speculative request to license some music for a series of videos for her company.
I don’t know if it’s just coincidence or the universe acknowledging my little burst of focused energy, but I don’t plan on stopping any time soon. A girl who’s after me stopped in during my shift and asked what I was doing after work. I said going home. She also bumped into my brother in town right before and passed the message that he wanted me to come out for a drink. I said no.
Oh, so about the book..
It helped me re-identify alcohol as something for me to ditch in addition to a girl who seems to have way too much free time. I say buy it. Honestly, I could have given it four stars because the middle chapters get a bit thicker and the tone about money may turn some off. Though when I thought back about it, they are probably the chapters most important to read because of their direct honesty. What else.. I like the trump jab on the very first page, the unique glossary, and various points about customer satisfaction and enticement. Also I don’t think I’ve ever written a review before now. The past 32 hours have been fairly interesting for me and I look forward to the next 32. Thanks for reading, if you made it this far!
Here are the things I love about Be Obsessed or Be Average:
1) I really loved learning more about his personal story of his battle with drug addition.
2) I love his attitude and the way he tells everything it like it is. He wants everyone to know him, but he’s not out to win a popularity contest. I seriously respect him for his no-BS attitude.
Here are the main takeaways I got from Be Obsessed or Be Average:
1) There is no one thing in life that you should be obsessed about. Be obsessed with EVERYTHING! Be OBSESSED with being an incredible son/daughter/mother/father/brother/sister/friend/etc. Be OBSESSED with being a rockstar entrepreneur, salesman, or whatever your career path might be. Be OBSESSED with achieving your ideal physique. Be OBSESSED with amassing a monstrous net worth for your family and to pursue opportunities to help others. Be OBSESSED with giving back to your family, your community, and the world! Be OBSESSED with learning to cook, play guitar, sing, dance, and improve yourself every day!
2) Don't simply love yourself the way you are. Be grateful for life and the limitless opportunities around you, but don't settle. Be grateful, but don’t be content. As I like to say, I’m “PROUD BUT NEVER SATISFIED."
3) Keep it simple stupid. The people who do nothing often get complex first. For example, Grant says that he was at first skeptical about social media, but then learned a bit about it, realized its potential, and then dove in head first with MASSIVE ACTION while his competition was asking "How do you calculate the ROI of social media?” Stupid question…keep it simple and favor action. Planning is great, but “preparation” too often becomes procrastination.
4) Comfort is your biggest threat in today's economy. Being out at sea is safer than hiding in the harbor.
5) You can re-create yourself anywhere. Moving to a new city or town is an opportunity for monster personal growth.
6) OVER-promise and OVER-deliver. Grant says this all the time and the phrase is a game changer. Go ALL IN…EVERY TIME. “Under-promise and over-deliver” is a phrase for under achievers. As Grant says in The 10X Rule, “Imagine that the products and services we’re so often temped to buy used ‘average’ in their advertising: ’This fairly average product can be found at an average price and delivers mediocre results.’ Who would buy such a product? People certainly don’t go out of their way to find and pay for run-of-the-mill merchandise.” Promise BIG results and deliver at an even HIGHER level.
7) YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO BE OBSESSED! There is nothing wrong with being obsessed. Anyone who pushes beyond average will face ridicule from society. If you’ve got 10 haters, let’s make it 20.
I simple have no negative comments about this book. It is quite possibly the best book I have ever read.
Thank you so much Grant. I love you man. I can’t wait to take you out for lunch some day soon. Maybe when I hit my first million :)
Thanks for reading this review. If you thought it was helpful, I’d appreciate a thumbs up! Thanks and have a great day!!
I AM OBSESSED AND REFUSE TO HAVE AN AVERAGE LIFE. #BEOBSESSED
Top reviews from other countries
This book covers everything from the idea of becoming obsessed to the struggles associated with working with average people. The main lesson this teaches you is to give yourself permission to become obsessed with success instead of viewing it as destructive. It's a book I will constantly come back to and re-read on a regular basis, as I do with all of his books.
Your Chinese nephew!
Things like its the same as his other books and he hasn't fully thought the book through before releasing it, but I'm glad I bought it anyway.
I've listened to 10x (a really good book in my opinion) and feel this is sufficiently different.
Grant has achieved some massive goals and I, personally, like his attitude to goals, life and achievements- basically don't let anything get in your way. Absolutely nothing!
His style won't be for everyone. If he offends you, I don't think he cares. It's not that he's a prat, just that if you don't agree with him, he's fine with that.
Overall, I enjoyed it. Asked myself some really good questions as a result of reading it and plan to read it again in the future.
Still worth a read, and to be honest if you read 10x then you should already be firing on all cylinders, reading this can just help add some fuel to the fire.