Be Obsessed Or Be Average Audio CD – Unabridged, November 1, 2016
|New from||Used from|
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
About the Author
- Publisher : Gildan Media; Unabridged edition (November 1, 2016)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1469095181
- ISBN-13 : 978-1469095189
- Item Weight : 1 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.4 x 1.1 x 5.3 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,214,958 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here are the things I love about Be Obsessed or Be Average:
1) I really loved learning more about his personal story of his battle with drug addition.
2) I love his attitude and the way he tells everything it like it is. He wants everyone to know him, but he’s not out to win a popularity contest. I seriously respect him for his no-BS attitude.
Here are the main takeaways I got from Be Obsessed or Be Average:
1) There is no one thing in life that you should be obsessed about. Be obsessed with EVERYTHING! Be OBSESSED with being an incredible son/daughter/mother/father/brother/sister/friend/etc. Be OBSESSED with being a rockstar entrepreneur, salesman, or whatever your career path might be. Be OBSESSED with achieving your ideal physique. Be OBSESSED with amassing a monstrous net worth for your family and to pursue opportunities to help others. Be OBSESSED with giving back to your family, your community, and the world! Be OBSESSED with learning to cook, play guitar, sing, dance, and improve yourself every day!
2) Don't simply love yourself the way you are. Be grateful for life and the limitless opportunities around you, but don't settle. Be grateful, but don’t be content. As I like to say, I’m “PROUD BUT NEVER SATISFIED."
3) Keep it simple stupid. The people who do nothing often get complex first. For example, Grant says that he was at first skeptical about social media, but then learned a bit about it, realized its potential, and then dove in head first with MASSIVE ACTION while his competition was asking "How do you calculate the ROI of social media?” Stupid question…keep it simple and favor action. Planning is great, but “preparation” too often becomes procrastination.
4) Comfort is your biggest threat in today's economy. Being out at sea is safer than hiding in the harbor.
5) You can re-create yourself anywhere. Moving to a new city or town is an opportunity for monster personal growth.
6) OVER-promise and OVER-deliver. Grant says this all the time and the phrase is a game changer. Go ALL IN…EVERY TIME. “Under-promise and over-deliver” is a phrase for under achievers. As Grant says in The 10X Rule, “Imagine that the products and services we’re so often temped to buy used ‘average’ in their advertising: ’This fairly average product can be found at an average price and delivers mediocre results.’ Who would buy such a product? People certainly don’t go out of their way to find and pay for run-of-the-mill merchandise.” Promise BIG results and deliver at an even HIGHER level.
7) YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO BE OBSESSED! There is nothing wrong with being obsessed. Anyone who pushes beyond average will face ridicule from society. If you’ve got 10 haters, let’s make it 20.
I simple have no negative comments about this book. It is quite possibly the best book I have ever read.
Thank you so much Grant. I love you man. I can’t wait to take you out for lunch some day soon. Maybe when I hit my first million :)
Thanks for reading this review. If you thought it was helpful, I’d appreciate a thumbs up! Thanks and have a great day!!
I AM OBSESSED AND REFUSE TO HAVE AN AVERAGE LIFE. #BEOBSESSED
Overall this book wasn't "bad"...but GC has saturated YouTube so deeply that I didnt find much in here that I didnt already hear from him in an interview of webinar.
As far as the book itself, here are the reasons why I only marked it as 3 stars/average:
1) The first 90-plus pages read as a motivational speech. It kept telling you "you can DO this! You can be great!" Which is nice...but 90+ pages of rooting me on was way, way too much. I want content. I want actionable advice.
2) on roughly every 3rd page, Grant takes a sentence you just read and re-prints it in a box that takes up 1/2 the page. It';s designed to look like a Twitter post (tweet). But I just read that sentence 2 sentences ago...and this is a book, NOT Twitter. So if you take those mock tweets out, your book is about 1/3 smaller. #RepeatedContent #NotValuable #WatedPaged
3) Book is 25% repeat of content he's shared in previous books. I'm a very big fan of the 10X Rule (and even THAT has repeated content throughout it) and this book just didnt compare in way of motivating me OR enlightening me.
If you are on a tight budget, look up "Be obsessed" on YouTube and you should be able to get most of the info in this book via his interviews. Personally, I got this book at a deep discount and just wanted it in my Personal Improvement collection.
Not a "bad" book, but not stellar.
a Solid 3 stars.
Top reviews from other countries
Your Chinese nephew!
This book covers everything from the idea of becoming obsessed to the struggles associated with working with average people. The main lesson this teaches you is to give yourself permission to become obsessed with success instead of viewing it as destructive. It's a book I will constantly come back to and re-read on a regular basis, as I do with all of his books.
Things like its the same as his other books and he hasn't fully thought the book through before releasing it, but I'm glad I bought it anyway.
I've listened to 10x (a really good book in my opinion) and feel this is sufficiently different.
Grant has achieved some massive goals and I, personally, like his attitude to goals, life and achievements- basically don't let anything get in your way. Absolutely nothing!
His style won't be for everyone. If he offends you, I don't think he cares. It's not that he's a prat, just that if you don't agree with him, he's fine with that.
Overall, I enjoyed it. Asked myself some really good questions as a result of reading it and plan to read it again in the future.
Still worth a read, and to be honest if you read 10x then you should already be firing on all cylinders, reading this can just help add some fuel to the fire.