Be.ez 100700 LA Robe Sleeve for MacBook 13.3 (2Green)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Soft Memory Foam Material - Low Resilience Polyurethane (LRPu) Technology
- Light weight while providing maximum protection - Robe protection Thickness 5MM
- Trendy, Unique Design
- Inner Lip for maximum protection
- Stand alone or in your bag
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Designed for the Apple notebooks, LArobe is made in a soft, shape-memory material, ideal to dress your notebook in an original fashion while protecting it from mobile life worries. Perfect protection for your MacBook 13-Inch
From the Manufacturer
LA robe’s slim design fits comfortably in your bag, offering great portability, it’s ideal to dress your Notebook or laptop in an original fashion while protecting it from mobile life worries. With over 25 colors and countless special editions, the LA robe from be.ez is quite simply the product that offers consumers a wide range of colors for dressing their precious companion.
LA robe Features:
- A Unique Memory Foam Material--Low Resilience Polyurethane (LRPu) Technology
- Robe protection Thickness 5MM.
- Trendy, Unique Design.
- Inner Lip for maximum protection.
- Stand alone or in your bag.
- No more scratches for your Laptop!
What are LA robe Sleeves made of?
Made from a soft, cushioned, memory foam material it offers unique, stylish protection while on the move.
Will the LA robe fit my Laptop?
The LA robe offers a tailor made solution and is designed to fit most Laptop and Mac computers!
Be.ez offers innovative design for everyone
For users with the greatest mobility needs, be.ez also boasts a complete selection of Netbook Sleeves, Laptop Sleeves and Messenger Bags that embody the same sleek and functional design values, with a certain indefinable charm that makes the range so distinctive. (LE vertigo and LA besace)
Who is be.ez?
be.ez (be easy) is a French brand with a true international approach to design, and manufacture, in order to offer original solutions for ‘mobile life’. The adventure of be.ez was born out of a simple observation: there does not exist today a real alternative to the austerity in the computer accessory market. Be.ez thus decided to specialize in the creation of products and accessories, both original functional and well designed.
Top Customer Reviews
I used to own an STM neoprene sleeve for my old 15" MacBook Pro (which I threw into the laptop compartment of my Oakley backpack) and while it looked great and fit snug, I found that under strenuous conditions...like having my backpack jam packed (my work requires me to lug a lot around)...that the zipper would grind a little bit (it somehow found it's way through the "inner lip" guard), leaving tiny scratches on the MBP, and like all neoprene sleeves, it couldn't prevent from denting if something solid were to smack hard into it.
Having bought a new unibody 13" MBP to replace the old laptop, I was looking for a sleeve that could offer a little more protection. I did a lot of research and decided to take the plunge on the LArobe "Moka". Here's my take:
+ Nice design...though I've found more stylish sleeves since ordering (Isis Dei has some nice sleeves)
+ More affordable than comparable sleeves
+ Memory foam is thicker than neoprene...looks like it can take more hits to prevent scratches and even a few minor dents
+ Zippers are contoured to your fingers for easy grip
+ A little easier to handle (vs neoprene) if you're using just the sleeve
- REALLY disappointed in the exterior durability. The sides of my sleeve already showed some wear straight out of the packaging (white threading popped out from under the brown layer around the sides). I suspect that the brown will really fade over time and use. Never had that problem for the 2 years with my neoprene sleeve.
- Not a perfect fit for the 13" unibody MacBook/Pros. There is just a little bit of wiggle room both width and height-wise and I can feel the laptop sliding in the sleeve. This wouldn't be a big deal except the inside of the sleeve isn't lined with anything soft (like the Incase sleeves). It's the same material as the outside...so a bit course and rigid. It's still fabric so I don't think it'll scratch my MBP but I'd feel better if there was a softer lining.
- The "inner lip" guard doesn't seal shut when the sleeve is completely zipped up...especially at the top of the sleeve. If the zippers on my old neoprene sleeve could get through the inner lip when sealed, then I'd think the same would be even more likely here. I've since made a point to have both zipper tabs resting on one side of the sleeve (where the seal is the tightest).
Overall this is still a decent sleeve. The memory foam does offer more protection against scratches and small drops from your typical neoprene sleeve. I was all ready to give this sleeve a 4/5 because I knew it wasn't going to be a perfect fit for my MBP (keep in mind, there are very few cases right now that are made specifically for the new 13" unibodies) but the lack of a proper zipper seal and surprisingly shoddy exterior quality really killed my enthusiasm for the LArobe. I'll still be using the case since I almost always throw it in a backpack with a padded laptop compartment but I'll probably replace it as soon as I feel like dropping $30+ for a better alternative.
BEFORE BUYING, ALSO CONSIDER:
* Booq Taipan S (supposedly perfect fit for 13" unibody MacBook/Pros...otherwise pretty much like every other neoprene sleeve out there)
* Tom Bihn Brain Cell (great fit and innovative protection...but very pricey...and bulky if fitting into a backpack)
* Isis Dei Sleeves (memory foam and nicer designs IMO...could have the same drawbacks as the LArobe)
* Applesac (really popular with Mac forum users)
(+) Both MBA and the black Macbook fit very well.
(+) The sleeve came in a ziplock bag. The design of the packaging, "finger-fitting" zipper, and inner lips that protects the laptop from being scratched by the zipper, suggests good industrial design.
(+) There is a wide range of color selection, allowing a more "unique design" for each individual customer.
(+) The memory foam feels cardboard-like on first touch; yet it deforms on pressure allowing good traction. It is rather thick (5mm) and probably would provide good protection if you place your laptop in a bag/briefcase. Personally, I don't think it would provide better protection from impact or sharp objects, than any other "thick" sleeves.
My purchase decision: the current price range (<$25) is affordable. I have tried the Incase neoprene, the Caselogic, and the Marware Sportfolio sleeves for my MBA, 13" MB and 15" MBP. I would more likely purchase this one over the others because of affordability, emphasis on style, and the memory foam.
Excellent case if not for a very poor fit.