Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 258 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 274 reviews
on September 7, 2016
Excellent puzzle. I have few other level 6 and level 5 puzzles. But this one is my favorite so far. After an hour of trying I could land to a intermediate state and realized the pieces would come apart if the two pieces were interchanged. But to make that happen is what took me pretty long to figure out. The shapes of the pieces restrict the movement of the pieces , making it more difficult to solve. That is the more challenging part for the cast metal puzzle over the wire loop puzzle anyway ...
After taking apart and putting back a few time, I can visualize the moves at last. Would definitely recommend to puzzle lovers..
on April 14, 2017
We ordered 4 of these Hanayama puzzles, Padlock, enigma, O'gear, and marble. I'm embarrassed to admit, so far we have only figured out o'gear. actually, a few of our friends have also figured out o'gear, but everyone gets flustered with the others. We managed to take marble apart, but can't put it back together. Our genius brother in law, who has a top secret military job where he basicaly solves puzzles for a living (thats all he can tell about it) he became engrossed with the puzles when he came to visit, but hadn't solved them by the time he had to leave, so we ordered more and sent them to him for his birthday! Any way, they are really cool, and make for artistic, interesting looking decorations on our livingroom side table.
on May 6, 2011
I am a middle school English teacher, and I brought this puzzles (as well as other Hanayama puzzles) into the classroom to entertain my more hands-on students. They gravitated towards this one and would work doggedly on it. They built up their concentration and would feel so proud when they solved it! It is VERY challenging, but rewarding as well. It is a fairly durable puzzle, but one student did manage to bend the pieces out of shape in his efforts to force a solution. So many kids were disappointed that the puzzle was messed up that another student took the puzzle home, heated it, and reshaped it back to its original form! If nothing else, the puzzle teaches you determination :)
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2015
Got it for my boyfriend's birthday, he loved it and I couldn't help but grab it from him to takes some turns myself. We enjoyed it for days, and he finally unlocked it. He hasn't even started to re-lock it though... A whole new puzzle, waiting to be cracked!
on January 22, 2015
I'm so glad I stumbled across this brand. I love mental challenges and it's nice to take a break from the computer screen and use my hands to tackle a puzzle.

This thing is tough. After a while I figured out the unlocking mechanism and in which order the pieces must come off, but that is still light years away from getting it solved. I did look up the solution but mine seems to be partially solved already and I can't figure out which step I must be on. So, alas, no cheating for me.

This is difficult enough that I ordered a level 4 puzzle the next day. I wanted something that I can learn and fully comprehend but I'm not sure I'll ever completely memorize how this puzzle works.

I did take this Enigma down to the pub to watch some afternoon football and it was well worth the $12.99 to see others pass it around in frustration. Now if I could only show them how it's done....
on October 29, 2013
This puzzle has driven him insane; therefore, I am very happy with this product.
He attempted to cheat and find the solution on YouTube!
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2017
My favorite puzzle. It blew my mind when I figured out just the first step of the puzzle. Then it was a long time before I got to finally solving it. All three pieces come apart without use of force! Now I'm still stuck on getting it back together into its initial state. Fantastic!
on January 3, 2017
Got this as a gift for my girlfriend, she ignored me for about an hour and a half trying to solve this. It's been about 4 hours total and she has only managed to get one of the 3 pieces apart. She was so upset when she realized she still had more steps to solve. Fantastic that it's this complex! I would have felt let down if she had solved it at any quicker of a pace. Once she solves this one and puts it back together I'll definitely be buying more of these!
on November 30, 2016
I ordered this for my ex-boyfriend who enjoyed puzzles and he solved it ridiculously quickly and we were kind of disappointed, but then he had a hard time getting it back together and it took him forever to get it solved a second time, so I think maybe the first time he just got lucky with trying things. And we kept it on our coffee table and people would try it when they came over and most people couldn't figure it out!
on June 20, 2017
Bought as a gift for my dad. It took him quite a while to solve it, and he's a really smart guy who loves puzzles, so that proves to me that it's a good one! It also looks pretty awesome and makes for a cool desk decoration.