Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on September 7, 2013
Having purchased and read this book, it is my impression that this book/magazine is great for many tweens who may be feeling less than confident about themselves. However, I purchased this book for my 10 year old daughter who is seeing her body go thru changes - yet she is very grounded, has great self confidence, and is mature in her faith. She just didn't understand the book - she understands why some kids might be having a hard time and could use this book as a confidence booster and to learn to place their fears in God. But since she already does that - many of the ideas/concerns expressed in the book were foreign to her. I ended up putting it away so that she wouldn't continue to read it and get ideas that would encourage her to worry about things she has never thought about.
I can definitely see that this book could help those girls who are struggling with issues and/or newer believers and I love all the bible verses - they're great nuggets of wisdom. The book also has a neat format (magazine layout) aimed at Tweens.
Oh, one more thing - it was published in 2006 and I think some of the info about computers (ex IM-ing and MySpace) is outdated. The warnings are certainly still appropriate though.
6 people found this helpful
on March 31, 2017
While I was happy with the way this book (magazine size) was laid out, I am very unhappy that the description neglected to mention how heavily religious it is. This is not something I support. I am not at all judging those who are ok with it, just for me personally it was an unpleasant surprise to receive this and not be able to give it to my daughter. Please be aware if you are buying this that there are religious tones throughout. And please no comments about how I'm going to hell for saying this - I just want to warn others who may be thinking of purchasing.
on April 6, 2015
This has been a great book for our daughter.
I was blown away when I realized that my 8 year old daughter was trying to place herself on a diet...without admitting to her mother or I. She just started claiming she was 'full' at dinner. At first we thought (and said) 'Good for you for not eating too much', then I realized that was a big change in behavior. Its heartbreaking to me that my daughter is self-conscious about her size/weight this early in life (not that I'd ever wish that on her at any age). This book as been great! It definitely discusses topics that she has been and will be going through, and using Biblical references to help. It has helped start the conversations with our daughter.
on January 4, 2015
BeTween covers so many topics that our tween girls face everyday. Mean girls, cliques, body image, dressing modestly, God's love, etc. It is hard growing up in today's world. This book is great for mothers & daughters to read together. This books helps present topics that must be presented to our daughters from a Christian standpoint. Faith & trust in God are the most important values that we can instill in our children. I bought this book for my 10 year old daughter and niece, & my 8 year old niece. It was age appropriate.
on October 30, 2012
This is a wonderful magazine/book for girls of the tween and early teenage years. It is well written, modern without being worldly, and full of fun and inspirational stories. The graphics and pictures are well done and engaging. I bought it for my 11 year old neice and am getting another one for my 9 yr old daughter for Christmas. I love how the author described the life of a Christian girl, and how to deal with the pressures and stresses they go through, all while standing firm in their faith in God and walking with Him.
One person found this helpful
on March 10, 2015
I bought this thinking I could read it with my granddaughter. However, I found it way too religious based for my taste. Consequently, I gave the book away to someone who is much more Christian based than I am. So just be aware that this is very religious and if that is fine with you, then the book will fit.
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 15, 2016
Great book! I highly recommend this for "tween" girls. My daughter is devouring it with great enthusiasm. Teaches life lessons in an easy engaging format.
on September 12, 2016
My daughter uses this as a read before she goes to sleep. So far she has enjoyed most everything she read, I would recommend this for any girl between 9-13.
on December 28, 2013
My 10 year old grand-niece loves this book. I gave it to her as a gift and she immediately took off with it to read and was enthralled with all the subjects covered. I think it's a wonderful gift.
on November 2, 2014
Granddaughter really got a lot out of this book. A good gift for any young girl.
One person found this helpful