Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BEABA Babypote, Gipsy
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$12.95+ $6.75 shipping

on April 18, 2012
I ordered this item because my daughter will only eat puree foods from pouches.

Here are my thoughts regarding this product:

PROS:
1. Easy to clean
2. Easy to fill
3. Basically does the job and has saved me in a pinch when my daughter won't eat finger foods

CONS:
1. Because the body of the container is not clear, it is hard to tell how much food is left in the pouch
2. The cap is sometimes hard to screw onto the body
3. The body is too squishy which can make it inefficient when it comes to squeezing out the food
on March 15, 2011
I heard great things about this from other moms out there. They make their own baby purees and put in there instead of those store bought pouches. We're past the baby puree stage here, but thought it'd be great in lunch boxes instead of the go gurts. My kids love the go gurt but get bored with the flavors. They LOVE mango lassis, and those work AWESOME in here! I stick them in the freezer over night and they do double duty, also as a ice pack.

I was worried how my five year old would react. But, he loves to use it as a juice box. Go figure. My 17 month old works the disposable pouches just fine, but these require some squeezing and he gets fustrated. I'm sure it's just a skill he'll pick up, but be prepared to do some teaching in the beginning. Oh, and you can even thin out regular yogurt or buy yogurt without stablizers for a drinkable *milkshake*. My kids love the wildberry and mango/banana from Traderspoint.

The uses really do go beyond the baby food stage. I did find these A LOT cheaper by googling it. In fact, for around 3 times LESS than amazon. So, do your homework.
77 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2011
This has met and exceed my expectations. My toddler who still won't eat fruit or veggies unless purred loves this thing. I was spending too much on disposable packets from the health food store that couldn't even be recycled. Now I can make my own purees how he likes them. Great for the lunch box. There was a slight learning curve as they are a little harder to suck and squeeze the food out than the disposable kind, but he figured it out pretty fast.

It is very easy to load up with food (a standard table spoon easily fits into the opening). And cleaning is super easy. Fill it with hot soapy water and shake, or I can fit the sprayer from my sink all the way into the opening. If it's especially gross, I can turn it inside out and scrub it.

Agreed, the only design flaw is the top should be tethered. It will be useless if the cap gets lost.
on January 30, 2012
I bought this thinking that I could give it to my 10-month old who refuses to eat anything from a spoon. I make all my own baby food so my freezer has a ton of purees still in it that I don't want to waste. Unfortunately, I don't think this product will work for us (at least not yet). There is nothing to stop the food from leaking out which makes it quite messy (although not dissimilar to the squeezable purees found in the store). The problem is that it doesn't allow the baby to suck. You can only get the food out by squeezing. Perhaps this is why the product is meant for 1-yr and older? It's a great concept and I wish it worked better, but for now this will remain in the drawer!
on January 15, 2012
We purchased this for our 18 month old who loves pouches of apple sauce from the store. We can make our own apple sauce cheaper and make less waste, and this helps keep our snack "on the go". It does come out faster than some other store bought pouches, but that also varies greatly on the texture of what you put in the pouch. Easy to clean, easy for him to use, holds way more food than store bought as well. This is perfect for mom's who make their own baby food (just squeeze it onto a spoon for those not ready to suck it out) and wonderful for bigger toddlers who need a snack to take along! Worth the money!
on June 11, 2013
Every time I clean this out and realize how much food we've wasted I remind myself that I must write a review. I bought this because my son loves his afternoon squeeze snack but I hate all the packets going to landfill and want what he eats to include more veggies. When I make my own blends, I can add greens, chia, flax, yogurt, etc so the Beaba Babypote seemed like a good solution. Unfortunately, there's no way to get all of the food out except scrape it with a spoon. He can't suck the mixtures out like he does with disposable squeeze packs and even I can't seem to squeeze this one enough to get to the bottom.
on March 13, 2015
This is a pretty awesome product. It has some pros and cons, but mostly pros. I'd say this was my favorite pouch until Infantino's Pouch Pals came out.

Pros:
- Super easy to wash
- Really durable and reusable
- Bright color is hard to loose (we're talking toddlers here)
- Soft and easy to squeeze for kids
- Wide mouth is really easy to fill with apple sauce, yogurt, or whatever

Cons:
- The cap is a pop-on instead of a screw on. My little girl has squeezed this in her hand and filled the cap with apple sauce... a mess. Some might prefer this, without the screw, the spout is smooth, and kids with sensory issues might like the smooth feel better... it's a trade off.
- I wish it had a solid base so I could stand it on the counter while filling, or my kid could put it down without leaking out
- Not translucent, so you can't see how much they have left

We have one of these, and used it all the time until Infantino came out with their silicone pouch. Their old "Keeper Pouch" had a narrow mouth, pain to fill. But, their new Reusable Pouch Pals have a wide mouth, stable base, translucent silicone and screw on cap. So, my current favorite. But, when they are dirty, this old stand by isn't bad, especially since she figured out not to squeeze it BEFORE it was in her mouth. A great product.
on September 5, 2011
I ordered these on the thinking that my toddlers would love them. They really enjoy the squeeze pouches and I wanted something that was similar that I could fill myself. While the Babypote does do that, it does not have any kind of control. If you turn it upside down whatever you have in there just POURS out of the spout. And if you have toddlers you KNOW that they will do that. Our first time using these were a disaster. Applesauce EVERYWHERE. It was awful. And you don't need to squeeze it either. My suggestion for the mfr would be to add some kind of control diaphragm like a sippy cup has - something that will hold the contents in if (when) a child turns it upside down. Maybe these are better for older kids but for mine they didn't work...
on January 31, 2011
I have no idea why this product is SO EXPENSIVE for what it is, but I ordered it to see if it would replace the storebought pouches of organic mash I get occassionally for the zoo trips or on airplanes. It will work PERFECTLY for that purpose, and is larger than those packs are. The silicone pouch is very pliable and the parts all come off for easy washing. The only improvement in design they could make is to tether the cap - I can see that getting lost easily.
I will order a few more, and wish they were cheaper. Overall, great product!!
on August 20, 2013
We have tried every single brand of re-useable pouch with multiple kiddos. And the Beaba Babypote is, by far, the highest quality and best version. Its a bit pricey and hard to find, but totally worth the money and effort. Here are highlights:

1. Very easy to clean-- it comes apart into multiple pieces and cleans easily in the top rack of the dishwasher
2. Easy to fill-- a wider than normal mouth means you can fill it easily without extra tools. I tip yogurt into this straight from the large yogurt container (no spoons!) and it fills easily.
3. Easy for kiddos to use- the top pops off and kids can easily use it without much guidance.
4) BPA-free and non-toxic for peace of mind.
5) Saved us from all the pre-made, expensive pouches in the grocery store. We use it for applesauce, yogurt, and homemade purees.

Other reviewers have pointed out that its "squishy" but we haven't found this to be a problem at all. It is durable, high-quality, and has lasted us a very long time.

Highly recommended!