Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on February 18, 2015
While this is always a fun go to movie for a winter's afternoon, I was not all that impressed with the Bluray edition of this film. the print they used was in pretty rough shape with debris and scratches. And we're talking bad scratches that show up between the actors eyes on close ups (!). It is obvious there was no remastering done for this edition and the print actually looks inferior to the one used for the DVD version. This edition is still missing the song "I'll Never Change Him" as well, which is interesting that this song is repeatedly not restored for these home versions, as the melody is used thematically in the score. This comes from Olive Films, which i'be never heard of before, but also still bears an MGM logo and production tag. I guess I had higher hopes for this release. it's nice that they're releasing some of these older movies for a High Def medium, but please, make it worth the upgrade.
HALL OF FAMEon September 27, 2002
BEACH BLANKET BINGO is considered by many as their favorite "Beach Party" movie. In order, my three favorites are BEACH BLANKET BINGO, PAJAMA PARTY and BEACH PARTY.
In this sequel, Dee Dee (Annette Funicello) and Frankie (Frankie Avalon) decide to take skydiving lessons from the hard-nosed pilot John Ashley and the late Deborah Walley.
Things get complicated when up-and-coming pop singer Sugar Kane (Linda Evans) ends up in Frankie's arms - literally - and the ... Deborah decides to make Frankie an afterschool sweetheart!
Dumb-as-stumps Deadhead (Jody McCrea) falls in love with an elusive mermaid (Marta Kristen) and the always-annoying Eric Von Zipper (Harvey Lembeck) and his "Rats" show up to kidnap the lovely Sugar Kane...
Featuring a memorable title song as well as great musical turns by Frankie Avalon, Annette Funicello and Donna Loren.
There are also great cameo roles from Earl Wilson, Don Rickles, Paul Lynde, Buster Keaton and Bobbi Shaw (reprising her role as Keaton's dizzy sidekick).
The DVD includes the trailer. (Single-sided, single-layer disc).
on November 3, 2001
Although I enjoy most of the Frankie and Annette beach movies I doubt I would give any of them a rating of more than 4 stars. In the case of BEACH BLANKET BINGO (BBB) I could only give it 3 stars. It and BIKINI BEACH are probably my two favorite beach movies. Each of these were made towards the middle of this series of movies and by that time fans of the movies had grown to recognize most of the characters in the films and the stories seemed to move better.
I gave stars because BBB did well with the relationships between Frankie & Dee Dee and with Bonehead & Lorelei. I especially enjoyed seeing the Bonehead character get a little more attention in this film. He is in most, if not all, of the beach movies and deserved a little more screen time. I also enjoyed Paul Lynde as Bullets. Nobody does snide or sarcastic as well as Paul Lynde.
I deducted stars because BBB did not bring back Candy Johnson, the girl who was always dancing during the previous movies (she usually danced during the end credits of the earlier movies). Also, Little Stevie Wonder did not return for this movie, he had been in two prior beach movies. As for the DVD edition of this film I deducted stars because as others have mentioned this version did not include the song "I'll never Change Him." I also thought the DVD could have used some special features other than just the original trailer. Heck, most of the actors in this film are still alive and are in their 50's or 60's. I would have thought some of them would have been up for an interview. The director William Asher is still around, I see him every once in a while on shows such as "The 'E' True Hollywood story."
All in all this is a good film. I would have given it 4 stars if the DVD had been a little better developed.
on May 1, 2017
Great cheesy fun in the pre-hippie 60s.
on August 12, 2017
I like the songs even the Bingo song. You will be happy to know that they do not play Bingo.
on January 18, 2017
Stupid waste of my life watching this lousy movie
on June 20, 2017
A
on March 30, 2015
just goes to show that the beach party movies had a plot, this one has multiple plots. From a simple farm boy who romances a mermaid to a jealous skydiver using one guy to get another jealous, all with great fun, songs and hilarity.
on January 14, 2000
While the other reviews profile the movie itself, you should be aware that this VHS tape was recorded in LP (long play) mode. Most decent movies are recorded onto the VHS tape in SP (standard play), which is the fastest speed and therefore will give the best picture quality. I knew something was up when I pulled the cassette out of the box and noticed there seemed to be only about 30 minutes of tape inside. Indeed, the picture quality and sound are noticeably poor. Using the slower LP speed for a pre-recorded video tape is an inexcusably cheap way to mass produce video tapes. You are far better off recording this movie off of AMC (American Movie Classics), which occasionally shows this movie. The picture will look far better. In looking at the box, it appears that Orion now has the rights to this movie, which was originally produced by American Internationals Pictures Inc. At the end of the movie is a trailer that says "Good Times Home Video". I don't know who's responsible for the poor quality of the tape, but my rating of one star is due to the tape quality not the movie itself. At the time of this review, BBB is not available on DVD. Orion are you listening?
on October 14, 2015
Frankie and Annette are awesome. The period of the movie makes the acting (like most Elvis movies - which I love) horribly acted. But still a class movie and I think more people should just dance at the beach to crazy (groovy) music!