- File Size: 386 KB
- Print Length: 159 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: March 4, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BOYYU3E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,876,663 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Beach Diaries 2012 Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Various action-packed* scenarios ensue:
- The quest for Big Shirtless Ron continues.
- Stuart engages in multiple stakeouts of the public bogs, as he wishes to observe the complex dance of the cottagers.
- Some tosser nearly drowns a dog with a speedboat.
... and much more.
I suppose the main difference between this and the original is that Millard has gained a vague sense of responsibility for his subjects. The popularity of the first book means that describing anyone in too much detail (or Continually Leering at Hot Lifeguards Who Possibly Know You're Leering at Them) could have undesirable consequences for all concerned. There's also a bit of a bleak thread running through the pages. Oh, and Stuart knows his Battlefield 3 support guns.
If you'd like to read a lot of quips like the following, then buy the book.
'"I'm gonna go sleep," says a sixty-year-old man, resting his head on the shoulder of his twenty-something Thai bride. She laughs an empty, vacant laugh that comes out of her like the kick of the leg when the doctor hits a knee with a hammer.'
* not action-packed
Summary: Tangy and tasty, like Scampi and Lemon Nik-Naks.