Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on January 24, 2013
I'm a first time Beagle owner, found my pup on the side of the road in the late fall (2012) at about 3-4 weeks old (abandon). Had no idea how to care for this energenic pup. This book gave me great insight on how these little pups work. I enjoyed reading the history of these little guys and I especially found the chapter on Beagle health (nose to tail) very informative and educational. There is a lot of good information packed into this book, easy to read for us laymen, and the pictures are a great tool in helping to understand what a Beagle may be doing wrong or supposed to do correctly. Nice cute pictures too! Great tips on train these pups, I've already put a few of these tips to use with success. Little pup really likes to work for food, like the book reads. Hope to keep my 'Chico' happy for years and I know this handbook will help me do that. I will suggest this book for anyone intersted or in ownership of a Beagle to read and own this book, very helpful.
on September 7, 2015
If you have a beagle, get this book. They are not like other breeds-the information in the book has helped us turn around a frustrating situation. Our Beagle is now settled, happy and a joy to us
on May 14, 2015
Excellent book and very informative.
on June 5, 2015
Great book for beagle training.
on March 30, 2013
A good handbook describing the different aspects of caring for and training a beagle. Lots of pictures and useful facts about caring for these dogs properly.
on March 11, 2013
We are in the process of getting a new pup, a beagle and wanted to know as much about the breed as we could. My previous two dogs over the past 25 years were labs which are the super easiest dogs to train and live with. My wife has always wanted a beagle and since I don't hunt anymore the lab is more dog than I want to deal with in our camper. I didn't know a thing about the nature of the breed, any common health issues, trainability (I made that one up), and any other quirks. I purchased this book and a Beagles for Dummies at the same time. There was a lot of crossover which I expected and found this one to be what I believe will be my go to book when "stuff" comes up. Easy read, lots of good pictures of various ages of dogs, well laid out.
on August 21, 2014
great book
on September 23, 2010
This book was in good condition and it was easy to read. It had many helpful hints and good information on the care and training of beagles which is exactly was needed.
on April 30, 2013
If you absolutely know nothing about beagles, this is a good place to start. I wouldn't pay over $10 for it though because it is very basic information. I bought this as a gift for a friend who just saved a beagle from the pound. After going through this book with him, it gave me a better understanding of how much love and care these dogs need. If you're looking for a book that is more specific in any area (training, health, etc.), this is not the book you need. However, if you want a good overview of everything about beagles from basic care, history, and fun facts, this is a good book for beginners. Plus, if it's at a good price, I'd buy it.
on July 16, 2007
Certainly an informative book, although I would like to see more suggetions on how to handle beagle-specific behaviors.