Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on March 12, 2012
Our 5 1/2 year old loves to read books with us. I saw a deal on this set and figured it would be good for her down the road, especially as she read more on her own. Well, since opening it at Christmas, she insisted on reading Ivy and Bean every night. We forced in a library book on occasion but most nights she won the argument. The author must be in tune with the age group since my daughter ate it up. Ivy and Bean can use some colorful language (e.g. stupid) and they certainly get into a lot of mischief. Since the target age group is more 6-9, I worried that we may have jumped the gun. But she is so innocent that in a way, I think she enjoyed seeing other kids get into trouble in the stories and find their way to correct it.

It's early March now and we've read all eight books. So yes, she loved them.

My only criticism, and perhaps it's because I'm her "old man", is that the stories could have a little more character. I mean that from a lessons learned perspective. Most books we read from the library and ones we own, have a central "moral to the story" that we discuss afterwards (e.g. the environment, treating others well, honesty, courage, etc). Given how many hundreds of pages we read, I think not including more responsibility lessons was a missed opportunity. Perhaps that's why she loved them so much? But from a parent's point of view, I knocked one star off for that omission. Otherwise, if you're looking for a book series to entertain your young daughter, I highly recommend them.
on June 5, 2015
My 8 year old loves this series. She is in 2nd grade and can devour one of these is one night. I don't have to beg her to read when she's got an Ivy and Bean book. This set is a great price for hard back books. It is missing the last 2 books in the series.
The stories are really cute and appropriate, but Bean does have a little attitude so you may want to skim through it before letting your child read it.
Recommend for girls 7-9
on February 17, 2013
This book set with eight of the first "Ivy and Bean" books was one of the best Christmas
presents we gave to our six-year-old grandaughter. She can read them all by herself. She reads a chapter every night out loud to her parents before bed; and, sometimes, she just goes up to her room to read all alone. I will purchase the rest of the books; but, I won't get as great a buy as this set was because each book cost about $5.99 each. I like to encourage reading because it really is the foundation of education! I'm so glad I read about these books on the Amazon site reviews---I only hope I can get some books as interesting when she finishes reading the current "Ivy and Bean" books.
on August 17, 2012
I started reading these books to my 5 year old and she fell in love with the characters and the stories so much that all her other favorites had to take a little vacation from being read until we got through all 8 books. Ivy and Bean, who are neighbors, made her want to go meet the kids in our neighborhood.

When we were done, she immediately asked if she could have book 9 for her next birthday. I felt bad that I had to tell her there was no book 9...yet.

Interesting stories = desire to read more stories.
on October 11, 2014
my granddaughter loved these on her birthday!! she is an avid fan of ivy and bean. she was always dissapointed in not being able to find them at our library.
Being hardcover they are going to be around a long time. I wish that they would come out with the 1-10 set though. I had to order volume 9 and 10 seperately.
on September 15, 2014
Have this set to a 12 year old special little girl. She had read most of these books before but wanted the set to keep and re-read. I saw her 10 yr old brother reading them too. :) They are quick reads for them but fun to read. They read them in the car traveling. I also bought book 10 to add to her collection.
on March 15, 2012
I got the set for my daughter who just turned 6. When it came, she started to read the first book all on her own. She loves it and is reading book 2 right now.
Great hardcover books with big, easy to read prints and nice illustrations.
I was lucky and got the whole set for $13.xx. Don't think I'd pay $99 for the set though.
on March 15, 2012
I purchased this set of books to read with a 7 year-old boy. He loved the "Ramona" books by Beverly Cleary, so I thought I'd take a chance on Ivy & Bean. He LOVES them! He laughs out load while we read them together and can relate well to Bean because he has an 11 year-old sibling as well and they love to torture each other. What a fun set of books for kids and adults to read aloud together!!!
on March 2, 2014
My daughter really enjoys this collection of books. She simply loves them. We will continue to be fans if these books.
on September 7, 2014
We are family of three and we have read all these books more than once. My daughter is 7 and she begs for more chapters. They are charming characters and wonderful stories. I hope the author continues to write more of them.