- Kim Delozier, wildlife ranger in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for 32 years and Park Supervisory Wildlife Biologist, has seen just about everything when it comes to bear antics! Bear in the Back Seat is packed with amazing stories that the whole family will enjoy. And you'll learn a ton of great pointers about how to safely view animals in the wild.
Director Emeritus, Columbus Zoo, &
Host, TV's Into the Wild
- Kim is a modern day Daniel Boone whose experiences with wild bears, wild hogs, people, and other critters, demonstrate that untamed frontiers still exist in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. Kim spent over 30 years as a wildlife ranger with a wild spirit and a deep love of nature. His book presents a southern style armchair adventure that is fascinating to read about but was often a challenge to be part of.
Stephen Herrero, Ph.D., author of Bear Attacks, Their Causes and Avoidance
- PRAISE FOR CAROLYN JOURDAN'S PREVIOUS BOOKS
- #5 Wall Street Journal Best Seller and #1 Amazon Best seller, Medicine Men(October, 2014)
- #9 Wall Street Journal Best Seller and #1 Amazon Best Seller, Bear in the Back Seat (December 2013)
- #7 Wall Street Journal Best Seller and #1 Amazon Best Seller, Heart in the Right Place (September 2012)
- "Heartwarming, funny and utterly appealing." Fannie Flagg -- Author of Fried Green Tomatoes
- "This is a wonderful book. I would have enjoyed it even if Carolyn wasn't a neighbor of mine in East Tennessee. She is a great writer." Dolly Parton -- Singer, Songwriter, and Actress
About the Author
Kim DeLozier grew up living and working on his family's farm in eastern Tennessee. He graduated from the University of Tennessee with a degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Science. He began his career with the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in 1978 working as a wild hog hunter. Kim retired in 2010 after 32 rewarding years of service in wildlife management. During his career, Kim's involvement primarily focused on nuisance black bear management, wild hog control, white-tailed deer management, small animal management (skunks, raccoons, bats), and re-introduction efforts for elk, peregrine falcons, river otters, and red wolves. Kim married his high school sweetheart, Donna, over 36 years ago. They have two wonderful children, Carrie and Travis, and four precious grandsons, Baylor, Duke, Turner, and Fox. Kim and Donna currently live on the original DeLozier farm in the same farmhouse his Dad was raised in. They feel extremely blessed!
Carolyn Jourdan is the author of three Wall Street Journal best selling books and is also a #1 Amazon Best Selling Author. Carolyn is a former U.S. Senate Counsel to the Committee on Environment and Public Works and the Committee on Governmental Affairs (now Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs). Carolyn has degrees from the University of Tennessee in Biomedical Engineering and Law. She lives on the family farm in Strawberry Plains, Tennessee, with many stray animals.