- File Size: 4422 KB
- Print Length: 291 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0995216924
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Another World Press (May 23, 2017)
- Publication Date: May 23, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B072FBNRC9
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#762,104 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #198 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Violence
- #323 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Boys & Men
- #568 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Thrillers & Suspense
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $6.00 (60%)
Beast Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 291 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I'm not sure what I was really expecting when I first started reading but it was a wild ride for sure!! Max (main character) is hanging out with his friends and his best friend Davey is attacked. After the attack Max notices some changes in Davey. I feel like at the heart of this story, it really focuses on how to be you, how to stand up for yourself and speak out. Davey has to learn all of this in a very difficult way. As for Max he also learned a lesson: sometimes we don't really know what is best for others. Only they can decide for themselves.
Also have to mention that the ending was absolutely brutal!! It was totally not what I was expecting...I would describe it was bittersweet.
Enjoy this book if you decide to check it out!
My husband encouraged me to keep reading that maybe it will get better, or at the very least, Davey as the new werewolf, will eat him. So I did.
I does get better in that Max realizes how controlling and selfish he is and how he treated people. It just never occupied to him before that he was this way and he thought that's what people wanted. Egotism its best.
Davey was a complex character and I liked him and I think this story would have been better served from his point of view than from Max's. It would just have more depth to both of their characters that way.
As it was, everyone felt shallow, not that they were shallow people but the character development was surface only.
Mac's sister had a little more than the others, but not enough that I remember her name.
The writing was decent, but not stellar, and at times slightly juvenile with the easy words and the short, choppy sentences. I was impressed with the editing, even though I read an arc copy I saw fewer errors than I have seen in some fully published novels lately. So kudos for the careful writing and taking your job seriously, the hard work and time out into the manuscript really shows with the outcome.
So while my opinion may be that the book just wasn't for me because I just couldn't make myself even empathize with the narrator, it's not a bad book and I encourage others to try it out because it really is a decent book.
I would first like to say that I am now a huge fan of Megan Crewe and her writing. I dont typically dabble in YA, but......I decided to take her up on her offer to test read this one. I found myself drawn into the story from page 1 and could not put it down. I really appreciated how she built the characters up and in some cases, as the story progressed, tore them down. We all know a Max or a Davey and a lot of us know someone like Max's sister Ash. I found the ending to be a twist and really hope that Megan follows through on a sequel featuring Ash or possibly Jena and the continuation of her and Max's struggle to cope with the events of this book.
Most recent customer reviews
Max and Davey are best friends, but one accident will change everything.Read more
Okay, so I have been in the mood to read thriller, mystery, and horror novels.Read more
I loved having a male main character/narrator as I have recently been reading primly heroine driven novels.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Violence
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Boys & Men
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Friendship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Violence
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Fantasy & Supernatural
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Mysteries & Thrillers > Thrillers & Suspense