Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Beat Diabetes Naturally
Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 26, 2013
So far I am enjoying the book but am worried that with a very large carnivore husband that it will be hard to eat red meat only once or twice per month as the doctors prescribe. Also there are lots of dietary adjustments that seem really strict to me, but I'm willing to give it a try. My mom was 2 years older than me when she got type 2 diabetes and died 10 years later of heart disease. She might have had it for a long time before it was discovered. So far I have reduced my A1C test results a lot,which is encouraging. I hope to avoid her fate of dying of a heart attack. Good book to read if you have an apple shape and are overweight to anyone. I had gestational diabetes on both pregnancies but way back then it was not treated during pregnancy. This and my mom's type 2 adult onset give me an 80% chance of getting diabetes and I was 1 point away from having it. I have too much to do to die in 10 years!
10 people found this helpful
on March 3, 2014
My doctor recently told me I was 5 points away from being diabetic so I got this book (and several others) to figure out what I need to do to prevent diabetes. This book has more valuable and easy to read information than any of the other books out there. It does't give you many recipes or anything like that so if you are only looking for that, skip this book. However, it gives a wealth of easy to understand informatioun about diabetes and natural things you can do to lower your blood sugar levels.
4 people found this helpful
on August 25, 2011
I thought this was a great book, it is very comprehensive. It makes very specific recommendations for all types of diabetes, it has a glycemic index, and a glycemic load index, for common foods. It has diet plans, and supplement lists, that say how much to take, and how much to eat. They tell you to consult with your Dr., and even have a letter that you can copy to give to your Dr. They discuss all the different lab tests, and what they show. It would definitely help physicians in dealing with diet and supplements, to help keep blood sugar under control. I don't have diabetes, but my sister and brother were both diagnosed with it. I wanted a book that would help me prevent getting diabetes, and this book does that.
15 people found this helpful
on October 9, 2012
When I ordered this book, I expected a paperback for the price I paid. I was pleasantly surprised to have QUICKLY received this book in hardcover format. Great item at a great price! As for the book itself, there is a lot of information. Some of it is a bit too scientific for the normal layman (some of the diagrams and charts of cells and such are a bit too complex for me), however, most of the information is easy to understand and makes a lot of sense. Lots of suggestions on how to lower your glucose levels and diet suggestions. Great book.
10 people found this helpful
on January 22, 2015
So far I have read about half of this book and it makes wonderful sense. Can't wait to get to the "bones" of the book and start using the advice. Fast shipping, good price, great seller. Thank you.
on February 18, 2013
Good info on the natural way of getting healthy. We are trying to eat organic and as natural as possible. Getting rid of as much processed foods as possible. Would recommend.
5 people found this helpful
on September 10, 2015
This is an awesome tool in helping me control my diabetes better. informative and concise with lots of options and helpful hints
on June 2, 2015
Great book even if you don't have diabetes. Excellent tips for living a healthy lifestyle. I purchased one for every family member and friends.
on June 6, 2017
Same info I received from nutritionist.
on March 12, 2018