Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Beat the Parents Card Game
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Price:$7.49+ $4.99 shipping

on November 11, 2014
The Good: Super easy to set up, learn, and play. Can be played anywhere, so it makes a terrific travel game. Great for multiple ages of kids + adults. Quick play time (sub 10 minutes).

The Bad: Many of the questions are related to pop culture. So, if your kids don't watch TV or follow pop-stars (mine don't), many of the questions are going to be complete duds - both for parents & kids. Because of this (maybe 1/3 of the questions), there just aren't enough cards to not run into repeats after several games.

Bottom line: If they'd improve the questions to include less pop culture and more general knowledge, it would be a great travel game. As it is, I'd give it 3 stars for ease of set-up and quick play time.
on August 4, 2013
Nice to play on car rides or just hanging out. Great if you have kids who want to play games all the time but you're forced to play games that are more for kids, or more for adults. This was a smart idea. Everyone can play it. Only gripe is that they don't seem to have more questions so once you're done with this one you're out of luck.
on December 23, 2015
I don't know how to review this, because I got the wrong product. From reading other reviews that seems to be a pervasive issue. This is for "Beat the Parents - Ask me anything." I am sure this is an equally fun game, but I have young children. It wouldn't be appropriate for them.
on April 25, 2014
I played this with grandchildren. My husband and I on one team, the 3 kids ages 12' 6' 3 on the other team. The 6 years old needed the 12 year old for a lot of the questions. It's best if you have a mixed age group on the kids side. But they really did like it....every night as soon as homework was done and put away out came the game. We played it so many times we had to start looking for ques that hadn't been asked before. Will a new edition be forthcoming???
on April 13, 2013
Bought for a long roadtrip, but can't stop playing it! My kids ages 7 and 13 love playing this with us. It is short play time, but so much fun! Need more products like this!
on January 11, 2013
My 8 year old loves this game because he can beat me nearly every time we play. I like it because we can actually compete without having to "play dumb", I actually am with some of these questions! Both of us can learn something everytime we play. It's a quick game to play together. So far it's just been with the two of us, but would probably be fun as teams.
on December 26, 2012
This is a fun idea. I plan to keep it in my purse for when we are waiting to eat at a restaurant. It is fun to read the cards even if we aren't playing the game as directed. I opted for the card game version because $30 seems steep for the full board game version.
on August 25, 2015
The game that shipped was not "Beat the Parents" but rather "Meet the Parents", where the questions asks the kids how they think their parents would answer. It is a completely different game and not nearly as fun, nor what I had wanted to get my niece. I am very disappointed the wrong game was shipped.
on February 22, 2014
Great game to play in the car instead of DS3 or iPads, because parents and children actually interact and communicate with each other without writing an email or text. It is AMAZING!
on January 22, 2014
I purchased this game for my granddaughter for Christmas. She is truly enjoying it with her parents, that is all that matters to me.

See 1 answered question