| A co-production between Rockstar Games and music producer Timbaland, Beaterator for PlayStation Portable (PSP) is based on the Web-based music mixing tool of the same name. It features original music and a sound-kit, which includes thousands of loops and sounds produced by Rockstar and multi-platinum producer and entertainer Timbaland exclusively for Beaterator. Designed to put a world-class mixer at your fingertips, it enables easy, powerful and innovative music creation, regardless of the user's experience with music. Gameplay and Modes |
Containing literally thousands of individually sampled sounds and pre-produced looped audio sequences, as well as various modes, Beaterator has the feel of both a tradition musical game where rhythms are tapped out and a real high-end, yet portable music mixer. Action in both these areas draws inspiration from modern musical genres and their production techniques, the most obvious of which being the various sampling techniques found in hip-hop and electronica. The difference here is that the tracks created are all about what you want. Play DJ with the huge amount of pre-produced content, or put on your producer's hat and create your own loops and samples. The choice is yours. The game contains many sub modes, but the two main ones are: Live Play and Studio.
What's Rockstar Games Social Club?
| Live Play ||An easy to use visual song tool for beginners, Live Play Mode is designed to have users producing professional sounding music right out of the box. Within it players choose a genre of music, and using up to eight pre-produced tracks associated with that style, they set to building a song. This is done by assigning each of the track to specific buttons and graphically representing them in the four corners of the available screens. In the event that players wish to streamline this even further, the mode also contains three exclusive Timbaland instrumental songs, that can be used as a musical backdrop and can be remixed adding samples from the tracks mentioned. |
| Studio ||Studio Mode is similar to Live Play in that you are blending individual loops to create a new song, but in a deeper more advanced way. Instead of a tactile visual representation of the tracks in front of a DJ, players work on tracks arranged on a professional looking 8-track sound board, complete with a wide variety of control knobs, time coding of the song and more. Players can also import new samples and loops--including voice recordings and .wav files--from the PSP's mic and/or memory stick and can even add individual notes within a set scale, so you are always in tune. Using sub-modes, like Sound Editor, Melody Crafter, Drum Crafter, Synth Loop and others, they can then create their own loops, which can in turn make up a single track, blended into a yet greater whole if they so chose. In this players can add virtually as many layers as they want to the music they create, which can then be saved and uploaded to Rockstar Games Social Club for the world to enjoy. |
The Social Club is a member’s only website destination for leaderboards, stats, tournaments, ongoing special competitions, virtual events, soundtrack mp3 shopping and more for Rockstar titles – launched with the console releases of Grand Theft Auto IV and carrying on to support virtually all Rockstar releases to come. Simply register a membership account to link your game data, then compare and compete with your friends and millions of other connected players online. Key Game Features
- Massive library of Loops and Sounds - Includes thousands of loops and sounds produced by Rockstar and multi-platinum producer and entertainer Timbaland exclusively for Beaterator.
- Live Play - Perform songs in a totally live environment.
- Song Crafter - Quickly and simply create whole songs.
- Vocal Recorder - Add vocal accompaniment to your songs, recorded in real-time while your song plays.
- Effects Editor - Add studio-quality effects to your songs such as reverb, chorus, delay and many others.
- Visualizer - Listen to your songs alongside cool visuals that react to your music.
- MIDI Import and Export - Import MIDI files from your Memory Stick Duo into songs, or export your songs and loops as MIDI files.
- Sound Recorder and Sound Editor - Record and edit your own sounds using your PSP system.
- Drum Crafter - Use Beaterator to make your own killer beats. Use built-in drum kits or create your own custom kits.
- Drum Pad Mode - Turn your PSP system into a set of Drum Pads and mash out beats live.
- Melody Crafter - Create your own bass-lines and melodies. Use any sound that you like, or you can even use Beaterator's built-in Analog Synthesizer Emulator.
- Audio Loop Crafter - Turn your sampled sounds into Loops.
- Song Export - Export your songs to PC or MAC as a WAV file or directly upload your music to the Rockstar Social Club while on the go.
- Chord Pad Mode - Make stirring harmonies even if you have no knowledge of music. Just like a Drum Pad, but for chords.