Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on December 27, 2012
I have been searching for answers for a friend for a long time. I've read at least a dozen books and talked to half a dozen professionals. This book is virtually perfect in meeting our needs! It is like a breath of fresh air. Absolutely PERFECT for my friend. He is now on his way to recovery! It is succint, not overly technical, and contains questionnaires that have helped my friend understand his problem and seek help. Just wish there were more options for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in his local area. I am so grateful for this book! I wish I could get my money back for the dozen other books that didn't quite help so much.
on March 11, 2013
After re-reading this book for the 2nd or 3rd time, it just was just going into general details about depression but not giving indepth advice.
on September 23, 2013
This was written a few years ago yet the information is still valid. Well written and helps define dysthmia in layman's terms. You do not need to be a psychologist to understand this book. I would recommend this book.
on February 2, 2013
After my diagnosis I couldn't swing talk therapy. While this book is not a substitute it definitely helped me in my continuing understanding of my disorder. I found it uncanny that others could experience the same things in ways unexplainable and so personal.
on August 18, 2015
I am not very far into the book yet, but I am encouraged by what I have read so far.
on March 15, 2016
Sound advice. clear and concise.
on November 13, 2015
Good information
on April 20, 2010
I'm a person who discovered I'm suffering from Dysthymia, after beaing treated by psychologists who had completely missed this energy draining mood disorder in me. The book has helped me understand what I was suffering from all my life, and that I could look at it as a cureable affliction, rather than a part of my personality. It brings loud and clear, comprehensive information on it, for everyone to understand. With this book you can tell for sure if you're suffering from it, and learn a lot on the 2 main treaments: medications and Psychotherapy, how to help yourself, and what professional help to seek in order to get well, rather than get your psychotherapist wealthy. It also gives a brief review on new treatments, from which I succesfully have taken the use of ST.John's Wort - and happily it worked for me! This book is a must for those who are pessimistic and stresed all the time, and don't know why, as well as to all psychotherapists, who conveniently prefer to sit and talk with their patients for weeks, months and years, rather than prognose and treat!
on May 6, 2014
I am happy I bought this book to help me have a better understanding of the problems my daughter has
on October 31, 2014