From the Back Cover
Field-Proven Strategies for Overcoming Spilled Coffee and Clock-Watching Clients--and Still Making the Sale
Murphy's Law says that what can go wrong will go wrong. This is doubly true, and infinitely more costly, on a sales call. So how is it that top salespeople consistently overcome disasters and return meetings to what really matters--the client's problems, and how they can be solved?
Beating the Deal-Killers is a step-by-step roadmap for getting a sales meeting back on track when all hope seems to be lost. Filled with situation-specific tips and pointers from award-winning sales professional and trainer Stephen Giglio, it reveals:
- The 10 Rules of Reconnaissance for gathering valuable pre-meeting information
- One sure-fire trick guaranteed to establish solid trust from the start
- Strategies for setting the agenda--and seizing control from Murphy
- Murphy-busting techniques for cleaning up messes at every point in the meeting
- The 7 secret wants of virtually every client--and how to fulfill them
- 6 surefire tips and phrases for firing up a lackluster meeting
- Murphy-prone topics to be avoided at all costs
- Minute-by-minute success guidelines for 30-, 45-, and 60-minute meetings
- 10 effective ways for handling questions and objections
- Follow-up strategies for maintaining Murphy-proofed, long-lasting client relationships
Preparation is the key to successful sales, and the key to preparation is in knowing what could go wrong. Let Beating the Deal-Killers show you how to prepare yourself for success at your next sales meeting, by anticipating and overcoming common but deadly deal-killing disasters--and muzzling Murphy before he even has a chance to speak up.
About the Author
Stephen Giglio is founder and president of the Giglio Company, a sales and executive coaching consultancy whose clients include American Express, Citibank, ESPN, and other high-profile corporations. An award-winning sales professional in his own right, Giglio and his firm have helped thousands of sales professionals around the globe hone their selling skills and instincts.