The Beatles in Mono (The Complete Mono Recordings) Box set, Limited Edition, Original recording remastered
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Box set, Limited Edition, September 9, 2009
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Please Please Me: The sound on the mono is just amazing. You can hear the echo in the room as John sings Anna. The vocals just soar. Ringo was just so good, even at this early stage and so was Paul. They supported and framed the songs so perfectly. And just think, in twenty-one minutes, or so, Twist And Shout! Stereo can't hold a candle to this, if for no other reason than the left/right "stereo" found later in With The Beatles, Rubber Soul and Revolver.
With The Beatles: As with Please Please Me, the mono sounds so, so, nice. As the stereo has that annoying left/right "stereo," no contest: mono hands down.
A Hard Day's Night: Seems better and more enjoyable in stereo. I think the reason is that they now had four tracks so George Martin could do proper stereo mixes and still have a mostly fresh first generationish sound. Remember, there were only two track available for Please Please Me.Read more ›
The Beatles recordings were similarly constructed with their earliest Stereo albums attempting to showcase the new recording method by separating the music into the widest possible soundstage. This was meant to be more lifelike than Mono but to my ears it always seemed to dilute the music a bit. On the Stereo albums Paul's bass lost a bit of its punch and never really reproduced the 'fat bottom' that anchored those beautifully recorded Beatle records. The wide dispersion of the vocals had a similar effect.Read more ›
FAST FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE! What is great about the original non-fake box set?
*Album (CD) covers are Exact replicas of those issued in the UK
*The CDs are replicas of the record labels issued in the UK
* The CD covers are larger than normal size making them very easy to handle and easier to read and enjoy!
* The booklet is large and full of info and photos
* Also, the "Help" and "Rubber Soul" CDs include the additional 1965 original stereo mixes on them so that is very cool.
* And please note that even though this is a USA Box set, ALL the CDs state that they were manufactured in Japan. That's actually a good thing.
* The four Beatles songs from YELLOW SUBMARINE album which were not previously issued in Mono on CD ARE included on the Mono Past Masters CD in this box set. They are "It's All Too Much", "All Together Now", "Hey Bulldog" and "It's Only A Northern Song".
* Wonderful, clear mono sound with special goodies like the Original Single Record version of "Help", the fast version of "She's Leaving Home" which is how Paul intended it to sound (By the way, when George Martin made his "Insightful Comments" on the "Making of the Pepper Album", he never talked about "She's Leaving Home" as he did not actually produce it in its entirety.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I like it OK...It's The Beatles! I have the 2009 Black box remastered set and yes there is a difference....Its like a great big speaker under your pillow....SWEET....Published 11 days ago by Dan B
If these are the versions of The Beatles' songs you remember, this is the best way to hear them. The remastering sounds great!Published 22 days ago by Randall Faraday
Just, a lovely set. They way they intended, and, beautifully packaged. Worth, every penny! Just buy The White Album, Abbey Road in stereo. Read morePublished 1 month ago by mahler
Some great surprises. Had never heard the "white album" in mono.Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Ordered this for my boyfriend for Christmas. He was very pleased with it. It was well worth the money. 5-Star.Published 6 months ago by Diana
Was disappoint by the quality of the cd covers, and the metadata was out a little. CD's sound ok and they were all sealed and unopened.Published 6 months ago by Peter Gowans