Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Beats Studio Wired Over-Ear Headphone - Black (Dis..." and save 78% off the $299.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Beats Studio Wired Over-Ear Headphone - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Active noise-cancelling for planes, trains, buses, and other noisy settings
- Collapsable design with detachable cord for compact storage
- Over-ear cushioning provides superior comfort for hours of listening
- Specifically engineered to bring out the best elements of today's rap and rock music
- Backed by a one-year Monster warranty
- Original Beats Studio, battery-powered over-ear headphones developed by Dr. Dre
- Headphones amplify music while blocking out noise
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Beats Studio Wired Over-Ear Headphone - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||G & R SALES INC||ExclusivesDirect||ExclusivesDirect||Jamesons||Tech N' Gear|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 8 x 4 in||1 x 1 x 7.99 in||4.5 x 9.6 x 7.3 in||5.3 x 6.9 x 9.1 in||7.3 x 9.6 x 4.5 in||9.14 x 6.86 x 5.28 in|
|Item Weight||2 lbs||0.57 lb||—||1 lb||0.57 lb||0.75 lb|
|Additional Features||foldable, ios-phone-control||foldable, lightweight, volume-control||Wired||Active noise-cancelling for planes, trains, buses, and other noisy settings||Noise-Cancellation||ios-phone-control, lightweight, noise-cancellation|
Beats Studio headphones deliver professional-grade sound for professionals and audiophiles alike. They’re tuned for all genres of music and made for relentless, heavy-duty use. The Beats Studio headphone is the iconic flagship product for Beats by Dr. Dre. The active noise cancellation feature gives Studio headphones a unique level of power and performance. Now available in eight colorways.
From the Manufacturer
Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones
The original Beats by Dr. Dre headphone that took the world by storm.
After 25 years, Dr. Dre was tired of spending months on a track only to have his fans hear it on weak, distorting ear buds. Two years and hundreds of prototypes later, Beats Studio headphones are the icons that bring you sound the way it was originally intended.
Keeps background noise way back.
Powered by a pair of AAA batteries, the noise cancellation feature in a pair of Beats Studio headphones reduces distracting ambient sound, making sure nothing comes between you and your music.
Extra comfortable ear cups.
Super-plush and covered with ultra-soft breathable materials, you’ll be cool and comfortable even during marathon listening sessions. The Beats by Dr. Dre logo on the side even acts as a mute button when you press it.
A flawless and iconic fit.
Designers of Beats Studio headphones conducted a series of ergonomic studies to find the perfect lightweight, foldable headphone that always delivers a comfortable fit. The result is a design now copied by brands around the world.
Take calls and adjust volume right from the cord of your Beats Studio headphones.
What's in the box
- Two (2) AAA batteries
- 3.5-millimeter audio cable
- Audio adapter
- In-line control and mic cable
- Hard shell carrying case
- Beats by Dr. Dre cleaning cloth
- One year limited warranty
Similar Beats Products to Consider
Top customer reviews
First the pros:
- Better than average sound quality but what's minimally expected for the price range it's in.
- Great looks! Yes, that hooked me; it's unique, stands out from other headphones, doesn't make you look dorky. But...(see cons)
- Major sound leakage! I've been asked several times while listening in a coffee shop and airplane to turn it down because people can hear the tunes out of these headphones! And I don't even turn it up! I was listening to classical music for god's sake! I had others try it on to see if I can hear them: I could. Again, not even turned up that high. This leakage is a major fail for this product. I'm embarassed to use this in public now.
- Feels very plastic-ky! It's like a cheap toy! Yes, as I mentioned above, they look great...but once you hold it in your hands and wear it, it feels fragile and the materials don't feel durable; you drop this once, it's all over!
- Noise-cancelling? "block jet engine noise"?! Cancel that!! Okay, it may not be fair that I'm comparing this to my old Bose with noise cancelling but, man, these Beats just barely block out the noise especially when you're in an airplane.
- Power switch- this is the switch to turn NC and basically to get sound in to the headphones. This is a bonehead feature. I have this switch on all the time anyway to hear the sound so, why make me turn it on and off?! Besides, if you forget to turn it off after listening, your battery runs down. There is no auto-off! So, if you're out somewhere with no spare batteries, forget about listening to your tunes.
- Packaging: could they waste any more materials just to package this?! The excessive packaging on this just validates how much this is all about marketing hype and not about product merits. Enough said.
- Product support: Fail. A couple of months ago, I lost the cables for these. Yes, I admit that's my fail. So, I tried to buy the same exact cables so I can get the maximum performance out of these. Result: No one sold them at retails stores. Fine. So, I went to their website hoping to find it... and it says there, they don't currently sell ANY replacement parts and to check back! I just found out that they'll be selling replacement parts online this September. Great. I just bought some other cable after running around trying to find them. My problem with this is, if you're a company and you're going to sell a product...have replacement parts available when you launch your product!! Not months after!!
Summary: So NOT recommended! There's much better ones out there. Don't fall for the hype, marketing, and pseudo celebrity endorsements.
Used them with three different desktop computers (at work and home) and an ipod, tried both cords, and had 2 other people listen to them - just in case my ears had suddenly stopped hearing correctly. The sound was terribly muddy, everything sounded flat and dull; It was difficult to understand words, the highs weren't clear, the bass was shallow... more like thumping on a tabletop than a drum. I tried podcasts and every genre of music from current pop hits to 1920s jazz. It was all muddied... probably a bit like listening to the stereo with your head stuck in a bucket of water.
The supposed noise cancelling not only didn't drown out casual conversation at all (from 10-15' away), but also made a noticeable and annoying hissing/static noise. There's no way they could possibly "drown out a jet engine". (Yes, new batteries were used.)
It's entirely possible that these were a defective lemon, as I can't imagine so many people giving such a high rating to such terrible sound quality.
I gave them two stars instead of one, because of design - they fit nicely, and seemed quite sturdy and durable. But as far as sound quality and noise cancellation goes, they were awful.
Most recent customer reviews
It S the best sound ever it fit perfectly
Only problem make sure to take replacement cover on a side where u put battery
I must change them 1 to 2 times...Read more