- File Size: 2514 KB
- Print Length: 914 pages
- Publisher: Carpe Per Diem, Inc. / Tracy Kellam (June 28, 2014)
- Publication Date: June 28, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00LDUVA4G
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#87,475 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #690 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- #818 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Psychological
- #926 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
The Beautiful Mess Series Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Alex comes across as both strong (typical alpha male character) and week as he cries at the drop of a hat. He makes bad decision after bad decision when it comes to Olivia. I find it hard to believe that a man so prone to bad decisions would be so successful in business. He takes Olivia to places that would jog anyone's memory and then worries the whole time that she will remember. Who would do that?
Olivia has lives a very sad life; keeping just about everyone at arms length. She doesn't date or ever get involved emotionally with men. She also loves to run away when things get too difficult for her to deal with. Needless to say she runs a lot in this series. It gets really old; Olivia discovering something that hurts her feelings. Then she packs up and takes off so she doesn't have to feel. When she arrives at her escape destination, all she can think is how much she misses Alex. Of course he comes to rescue and the reunion is filled with the same sex scene where Alex needs constant confirmation that he's the only one who can "make Olivia feel this way." I have never seen an alpha male so insecure. Doesn't work.
Then there's poor Cam. Olivia meets Cam during one of her freak outs. He is caring and loving. I really liked his character. Olivia wants to love him but can't forget Alex. So, she just sleeps with him. Seemed to be a theme with Olivia, she wanted sex at extremely inappropriate times. Times where sex should be the last thing on her mind. Poor Cam just wants to be with Olivia and help her move on but she always ends up with Alex and Cam is forced to move on again. It made me a bit angry how callous both Alex and Olivia are towards Cam's feelings. They only seem to care what Cam can do for Olivia, not caring that Cam is in love with Olivia and trying to move on.
Olivia's behavior led me to believe she is a sex addict (not in a good way) and a borderline alcoholic. When she learns that Alex holds all the secrets of her past, she wants to have sex, not find out about everything. I find it hard to believe that she has had this void her whole live and when she can finally get answers, she doesn't want them.
All in all the story could have been a great one but it really just dragged on with repetitive situations. Would have been much better with an emotionally stronger male lead and a female who didn't flee at the drop of a hat. It also could have done without the rape and murder. Both made me cringe and didn't add anything to the storyline at all. The series should have been one book, not 3.
Olivia - I wanted to smack her...I really did. Love was staring her in the face and she couldn't handle it! And her singing her emotions on her sleeve routine would get me to not return to that bar ever again. But I get where it all came from...she was never shown any real emotion or cared for. She grows through the books and becomes stronger.
Alexander - Secrets will always be revealed. His love for Olivia is beautiful. He was so patient and hopeful all those years it was so amazing. I yelled a few times at the book "just tell her already!" But where would that leave the story?
The writing was captivating...have not been disappointed by TK Leigh. This emotional rollercoaster will have you keep reading and secretly not wanting it to end even though you probably have had enough of the BS and just want the happily ever after. We all want that...but it wouldn't make it a good book if you have to suffer a little bit...
The book flowed good most of the time. There was a few slow spots and there was too many sex scenes.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Sagas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense