- File Size: 1770 KB
- Print Length: 318 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Hollis Thatcher Press, Ltd. (July 22, 2016)
- Publication Date: July 22, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01IYDCBKQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #518,027 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $12.00 (92%)
Your Memberships & Subscriptions
Beautiful Oblivion: Women's Fiction (Escape to Lake Loveless Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Author
- "A GREAT LOVE STORY and Not A CLIFFHANGER!! I fell in love with the Hero and the mother as she brought so much to the story!! Unconditional love. No matter what happened, he trusted her and loved her through out the book. Thank you Addison for NOT MAKING THIS A CLIFFHANGER!!!!THIS BOOK IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!"--Kindle Customer
- "FIVE HEART MELTING STARS...No Cliffhanger and a Happily Ever After what more could you want."--Tantalizing Reviews
- "Highly Addictive, Memorable Summer Romance!!!Exciting, dramatic, shocking novel filled with plenty of boy-girl drama to keep you reading into the night.I am most impressed with Addison Moore's writing style and description, because she has the stunning ability to place words side by side in ways that I would never think of. Her syntax and diction are excellent, making a very enjoyable read that flows very nicely from page to page." --L.M. Miller
- "LOVE!!! I absolutely loved this AMAZING book.. I couldn't put it down and I can't wait to read more of her work. I felt like the characters were so real. Addison Moore really knows how to make the characters jump off the page and the way she writes about the scenery had me wanting to go there."--A.H. Thompson
- "BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL STORY of young love, oh the indecision ,the ANGST!! Very sweet and romantic! AWESOME!"-- B. ROSS
- "I laughed I cried I loved!! Addison Moore did a phenomenal job in writing this story. The story of young first love coming to fruition was great. I love the family connections and how hard decisions had to be made. In today's society things don't always work out the way they should. I could see this happening in real life. But then again sometimes dreams do come true!!!" --Kimber F.
- "ANOTHER GREAT READ BY ADDISON MOORE!She has done it again...With her witty humor! I love how much thought she puts into her characters, she really brings them and the story to life as you read..If you have not had the pleasure to read an Addison Moore book, you are surely missing out. You should start with Beautiful Oblivion or any of her books, it does not matter witch one because I will guarantee you once you have read one, you will read them all...I bow down to You Addison Moore another great read...I always get to Lol with tears in my eyes while reading your books, love the emotional roller coaster you always take me for a ride on in every single book! I would recommend this for 17 and up."--K. Parton
- "SWEET READ! The characters were WELL DEVELOPED, and I LOVED THE authors IMAGERY, and the way the characters interacted with each other. I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN I think I read it in 2 days! I will definitely be reading other books by this author!"--Amber P.
- "AWESOME LOVE STORY! I loved this story! Keeps you wanting more and more. I loved the two main character as well as the others, it makes you want to hear and read everyone story. Would recommend if you like a good young love story with a little TWISTS AND TURNS."--Kindle Customer
- "Amazing, heartwarming, romantic perfection! This book was so INCREDIBLE! I would love to read more about their story! I definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for an amazing, sweet novel to read!" --Jennifer
- "MUST READ! I just love Addison Moore's books, so when i seen this book i knew that it was going to be just as good as the rest if not better. OMG I fell in love with Ace's character and i was dying reading that they both loved each other but didn't think nothing of it. but some parts seemed so obvious, i am so glad to have read such a GREAT LOVE STORY!"-- A.
- "HOT and STEAMY and ROMANTIC!!! Everything I enjoy in a book--sexy romance and HEART WARMING characters that can't help sharing unusually hot chemistry together! Pages on fire...A fun, sexy romp!"--D. Simmons
- "TOUCHING LOVE STORY! A BEAUTIFUL, CAPTIVATING laid out novel from the beginning to the end."--Happy Mom
- "BETTER THAN FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE FIRST GUY TO STEAL YOUR HEART! I truly loved this book. The author has a great ability to tell a sweet love story where you are routing for each and every character. I love how Addison Moore is able to complete the story without a dreaded cliffhanger. I also love how she was able to bring this story to life and have you wanting that HEA. I also love how she carried these fabulous characters!"--L. Markson
- "SWEET and sexy FIRST LOVE! FUNNY, WITTY, TOUCHING, sweet..the magic of first love...the BEAUTY of first love...what you wish you'd had, or did...the twist and turns of growing up, lessons learned. I can't wait to read the next book..to remember...to wish...to believe....to relive."--G. Martin
- "I really LOVED THIS STORY! It was BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN! The descriptiveness of the surroundings was CAPTIVATING. I fell in love with Ace and Reese. I enjoyed seeing how their passion unfolded. The other characters in the book complimented them beautifully. I wish there was more to the story. I would of love to know what happened years down the road. GREAT READ!!"--M. G.
- "READ IT! SWEET ROMANTIC, AND LOVED THE CHARACTERS!" --Romance Junkie
- "Oh My Gosh! This was FREAKING MARVELOUS from page one to end! ADDISON MOORE IS now AN AUTO-BUY AUTHOR for me. I was completely BLOWN AWAY by her writing style and CAPTIVATED I was. This is the first book I've read from her and definitely PLAN TO READ MORE from her."--N. Denise
- "ANOTHER GREAT ONE FROM ADDISON MOORE! I can really say that the people who haven't read her books are missing out. I recommend this book to absolutely everyone!"--C. Gentry
- "WHAT A BEAUTIFUL STORY! This was an enjoyable SWEET LOVE STORY. This is a enjoyable addition to Addison Moore's collection."--Michelle from My Love of Books
- "HEARTWARMING! Love LOVE this story. An AWESOME HEA story."--Read, Love and Repeat
About the Author
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reese is a girl who comes from a family of money- her dad sharing a law firm with a life long friend the McCarthy's. She has been dating their son Warren for years, and both families keen on the idea of them staying together, getting married and starting a family.
Ace is a boy whose family has little money. His sister Neva and Reese used to be next of friends, up until Reese's mother died, and their mother took off. They can't afford much, especially not what Reese is used to having, and that insecurity plays out throughout the book.
Reese decides to have a summer fling with the boy she has always secretly loved. Ace agrees to the fling with the girl he has always secretly loved. They start out slow, skinny dipping, and kisses, before Reese gives up her virginity to her friend Ace.
Will Reese ever sever ties with Warren? Or will she agree to the practically arranged marriage that both families want? And will Ace or Reese ever admit to their feelings for one another?- or are they destined to remain platonic- friends with benefits?
Find out in this romance novels that i give 4 ⭐ out of 5 ⭐.
I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish this book. If not for the hero, Ace, I wouldn't have. He was the only character I really liked in the book and I wanted to see things work out for him. The rest of the characters...not so much. Some I couldn't stand and others made me want to pull my hair out with frustration or slap them for their immaturity.
This is an NA (New Adult) book, something I don't typically read. Maybe that was the issue. I tend to read books where the main couple is in their late twenties or older. Most of the characters in this book were in their early twenties.
The biggest issue I had with the book revolved around the heroine, Reese and another guy named Warren. Without going into details, their relationship was completely screwed up. There was a whole 'is she cheating or isn't she' aspect to this story that I didn't care for either.
The writing was good and the story flowed well. There also weren't any major editing issues.
I would recommend this book to those who don't mind immature characters or cheating.
Top international reviews
“Ace Waterman is the one for me, and there is no other – never was, never will be.”
Reese has just finished her freshman year at college. She’s back in Loveless for the summer and determined to move her friendship with her longtime crush, Ace, into more intimate territory. She proposes a summer fling with Ace but hopes they’ll end the summer with something more permanent.
“I’d trade in a quick and dirty summer for a lifetime of loving Reese every single time.
Ace has loved Reese since forever. He doesn’t want to lose her friendship but he’s powerless to resist her. He’s known her all their lives but he’s completely out of her league socially and financially.
“We’re on the cusp of something beautiful, something bigger than a summer fling, something that takes being someone special to a whole new level.”
This was a great story about taking a chance, casting off expectations, and following your heart. It was sweet, sexy without being particularly explicit, and an easy read. Ace Waterman is just a wonderful, gorgeous guy. He’s good through and through, and Reese needed to buck up her ideas and stop dithering about other aspects of her life!
Reece has always been in love with Ace and one summer break she decides she cannot wait any longer and proposes him with a no strings, no feelings attached summer fling in which they can both walk away when they return to college in the fall, this way Ace is making her dreams come true by finally sleeping with the man of her dreams.
However as they say feelings always get in the way, Reece and Ace are totally in love with each other but are too afraid to tell each other this added to the mix of ex boyfriend, family and friend all makes a great read.
Do they get their happy ending? You will have to read to find out?
He loves her, but doesn't feel worthy, she loves him, but doesn't think he feels the same! Add to that an truly horrible, arrogant 'boyfriend' who is just asking for a punch in the face. Ergo, they spend 98% of the book madly in love and not telling each other. Best friend Brylee is a great character, not the usual bitchy best friend you sometimes get in some "step brother/taboo romance" books. This is a BRILLIANT read - enjoy!
Beautiful Oblivion tells the story of Reese and Ace. He's from the wrong side of the tracks and she is desperate to please her father, but they have been secretly in love with each other for years. This summer they will make it happen, but can it be more than a secret fling?
I admit I am slightly older than the target audience but I usually enjoy this sort of thing as much as the next girl. It started well, I liked the plot and the characters were good. However as the story progressed it became increasingly repetitive and I almost ended up screaming at the characters to just talk to each other rather than rip each others' clothes off. The main character also began to grate on me and I just wanted her to show a little more backbone when it came to her father and Warren.
Overall a good read, but it hasn't inspired me to read the other two books in the series (Beautiful Oblivion can be read as a stand alone book).
Although I did enjoy the story line it was childish at times and a lot of game playing going on.
However I did like the book and once I had started it had me sucked right in. Not one of Addison Moore's best but still worth a read.
Read this whilst on holiday and it went along at a reasonable rate and was ok to read was a little long winded at times but overall a good read.
Emmy needed to grow up a bit as she was portrayed in the book as a girl much younger than the 21 she was meant to be.
All in all a good read.
There is really nothing to the plot either except a girl wanting to lose her virginity to the home town boy she is in love with.
I stopped reading at 85%, as I just can't be bothered to waste more time on this book. It needs a good edit and the plot to be reevaluated.