Customer Reviews: Beautiful Surrender (The Surrender Series Book Three)
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Frank Sinatra Shop Cycling on Amazon

on November 4, 2013
"But if we make it through this together, we'll be stronger. If we make it through this alone, we'll just be better at being alone."

Books in the Surrender series should be read in order:
Book 1: Forbidden Surrender
Book 2: Secret Surrender
Book 3: Beautiful Surrender

In Forbidden Surrender (book 1) wealth manager Kristen Daley pitched tattooed surfer turned self-made Billionaire Vincent Sorenson on letting her company invest his fortune. Kristen strived to maintain a professional relationship while Vincent zeroed in on seduction...

In Secret Surrender (book 2) Vincent and Kristen are working together while secretly embarking on a romantic and sexual relationship. Things are going smoothly... until they are not, followed by a huge cliffy!

In Beautiful Surrender (book 3) Kristen finds herself reminiscing about her past and trying to come to terms with what just landed on her door step. In addition Vincent and Kristen have some huge issues to sort out... Big trouble brewing... I will say no more as their story is best experienced!

HERO: Vincent Sorenson/31 years/$$$$/CEO Sandworks/dark blond hair/brown eyes/piercings, tattoos.
Seven words to describe Vincent: Relentless, charming, noble, driven, thrill-seeker, reasonable and complex.

HEROINE: Kristen Daley/25 years/wealth manager/recent Harvard graduate/dark brown hair/brown eyes.
I am happy to report that Kristen grew a bit of a backbone in this story. Seven words to describe Kristen: Smart, indecisive, stubborn, insecure, ambitious, predictable and endearing.

Overall an enjoyable series with a fast-paced and entertaining, albeit predictable plot! Interesting and charming alpha hero! A quick, sexy and feel-good read!

Hero rating: 4 stars
Storytelling skills rating: 4.5 stars
Story ending rating: N/A
Book editing rating (5 = no edits spotted): 4.5 stars
Overall rating: 4 stars

Would I recommend this series: Yes.
Would I re-read this series: Maybe later.
Would I read future books by this author: Yes.

A gifted copy was provided by author/publisher for an honest review.
on January 12, 2015
This would have to be my favourite of the series. Here we get to see Kristen’s back story and her evolution into hell with her ex-partner Marty. To be honest, I was partly expecting Kristen and Vincent to get past their miscommunications, their insecurities and everything would be wrapped up in a nice little bow. How wrong I was.
My husband asked me why I was curled up in a tight little ball on the lounge as I was reading this at a rate of knots. The reason is because the tension and action is so fast paced and breath holding worthy (hence the ball on the lounge).
When Kristen left Marty, she was just fleeing for her life, now she has to protect so much more. She’s fighting to save the man she loves, Vincent. At the mercy of Marty, Vincent does what he vowed he would do from the moment he found out Kristen’s unstable ex – he would protect her.
With the odds stacked against him, I honestly didn’t think he was going to get out of it alive. I didn’t think any of them would.
They do get their happily ever after and I’m bummed that this series is over. West has written a fantastic series and I would highly recommend it and I think I’d be hard pressed to find something who didn’t like it.
I bought this book with my one money.
on October 12, 2014
I decided to read the whole series then give my review on all 3 Books. Right off the bat, VINCENT, dangerous sexy good looking and a billionaire. What more could a girl wish for???. Kristen's eyes liked to have popped out her head when she first saw Vincent. She tried her best to act professional, after all he was her first big client account. Which she did land the account but not without falling to the charms of this hot as fire man. Vincent toyed with her mind and had her hormones raging especially after that first encounter on his couch. As they began to date and get closer, Vincent pulled out all the stops, taking her on exotic trips, romantic dinners and I can't leave out the main thing MIND BLOWING SEX every which way. Let me say OMG this man is SEX on a stick. Now the suspense, ex crazy boyfriend MARTY enters the story. KRISTEN met him in college and they were together 2 years. Then he let his abusive nature take over on Kristen and she got fed up and left him. But MARTY never forgot her and still was in love with her. Vincent and Kristen fell more and more for each other and could not stand to be apart. But Vincent's company kept him away a lot, but he always makes time for her. Then a knock on Kristen's door brings her past back to haunt her, MARTY. Then this series really gets SUSPENSEFUL but I am not giving the outcome away. Follow this love story from beginning to the end, you will not be disappointed.
on January 18, 2015
In a thrilling conclusion to her trilogy, Ms West has packed it very tightly.
With the appearance of Marty, Vincent and Kristen's world is turned upside down.
Kristen's past finally catches up with her - will it be the end of their relationship or the beginning?
Kristen also hides a secret from Vincent - will she ever get the chance to tell him.
Loved this book!!! Read in a couple of hours as I couldn't put it down!!!
It deserves the 5***** rating I've given it.
Well done Priscilla West.
on June 22, 2015
This was actually my favorite novel in the "series" (if you can call these three books a series, but I'll get to that in a minute). I loved the way that everything from the first two stories came together in this one. Everything was tied together in such a way that as a reader, I was left with a feeling of closure. Beautiful Surrender was also a fast read (I was able to finish it in a couple of hours), and with the author's writing style, it didn't have that rushed feeling that some other novels have.

One thing that really stands out to me as a minor annoyance for this story was when we were given two flashbacks right in the middle of the biggest scene of the story. It took away from the moment to give information that we either could have been given earlier in the story, or not at all. It didn't add anything to the overall plot, it actually took away from it.

However, my BIGGEST complaint with this series is that I don't really consider them to be a series at all. To begin with, they aren't that long (this one was the longest at 13 chapters and an epilogue), then there is the fact that each book is a continuation of that last one (literally picking up right where the previous one left off), and for $2.99 a book, I feel that they should be longer and (at least the first two) should have ended on some sort of cliff-hanger. To be perfectly honest, had this been one full story instead of divided into three "continuations" of the same story - I would have given it 5 stars as I thoroughly enjoyed the buildup between the characters, and the things I wasn't overly fond of in book two would have been less of a complaint due to book three tying everything up nicely.

I am looking forward to reading more by this author.

DISCLAIMER: I received a complimentary copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review. This has not affected my review in any way. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own.
on June 10, 2015
I had read part of the first book several weeks ago but didn't finish it due to other commitments. This past week I received several chapters of each book from the author which sent me back to read the entire series.
I enjoyed seeing the relationship between Vincent and Kristen develop from the first meeting where she pitched a financial plan to him to the very end of this series.
Both have secrets from their past which they hesitate to reveal. Hers is an abusive ex boyfriend, his is his sister and her abusive relationship in the past. This is a subject that is painful to even read about let alone live through.
There were times when I really wanted to take Kristen by the shoulders and shake some sense into her. Her insecurities almost broke up this relationship because she didn't believe he wasn't interested in a woman from many years ago . She wants to break up with him because he hired security to keep her safe from her ex. In the end she finds that Vincent was correct in worrying about her because her ex who is quite mentally ill by now comes with the intention of killing Vincent and probably her too.
I enjoyed reading this and the emotional and psychological issues made it interesting. The author dealt with both quite well...
on November 7, 2013
As much as I liked the whole story this easily could have been 1 book instead of 3! This whole idea of spreading a story out over multiple books is nothing more than a money maker taking full advantage of the reader. Shame on you!
on May 30, 2015
Again, we pick up at the moment we left off in the previous novel. Beautiful Surrender is the final story in the Surrender series. Because of the way the overall story was laid out it’s going to be very difficult to say much about the ending of the story because it is just that – the ending. And I never, ever give away the ending of a story in a review.

So, let’s do this. Forbidden Surrender, Secret Surrender and Beautiful Surrender all combine into one normal sized book. The beginning. The middle. The end. Vincent and Kristen have an amazing sensuous relationship, with a few minor troubles along the way. But they work through them as couples should. It’s been the story of learning to trust, accepting your sexual side and deciding what is ultimately best for you in the long run. The ending novel is full of the wrap up of the series. It is intense, fast paced and compelling. You will read every word quickly needing to know how their love story ends.

I enjoyed every moment of reading these three stories and would highly recommend Beautiful Surrender, as well as the other stories as well. Go on, pick them up and find out how the story ends – you can assume happily ever after – eventually. But you will not want to miss the ride to get there.

*I received an e-ARC of Beautiful Surrender from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. That does not change what I think of this novel.*

Originally reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf (dot) com
on September 13, 2014
This was the third and last installment in the surrender series. The whole series felt like a wild roller coaster ride with all the ups and downs and twisty turns along the way. Despite the female being somewhat young she was portrayed as head strong and independent. Despite the cliche of the billionaire playboy character he was actually very well portrayed as hard working, caring and an emotionally stable individual. It was a story about a romance with realistic risks and demands. The book seemed more real than many of the other girl meets billionaire CEO and fall instantly in love stories. It was a refreshing read due to it sticking to more of a realistic view on relationship demands. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes some satisfying erotica with a little suspense but wants it all based in reality. Definitely will be adding other books by this author into my to be read list.
on June 10, 2014
I am still speechless! (As I stare at a blinking cursor trying to sum up how I feel about this book/series without giving anything away). I don't know who came up with the saying, "It's never quite how you play it in your head," but that's how I am choosing to describe this whole series. I am usually pretty good at predicting how these stories go. I was pretty darn close with the "Fifty Shades" and the "Crossfire" series (which were awesome in their own right), but this series had me ten steps behind and on my back foot the whole time. Obsessed until the completion. So, I refuse to spoil it for the next reader. I think I will leave it like this: You will not regret your time and money with this...if you get anxiety, take your medication first <grin>...and now that I am finished! I will go wipe the sweat of my forehead/neck and the tears of my face! 👍👍