- File Size: 728 KB
- Print Length: 34 pages
- Publisher: Berkley (May 8, 2012)
- Publication Date: May 8, 2012
- Sold by: Penguin Group (USA) LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007FEFCD4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #32,713 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price set by seller.
Beauty: An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Outtake (A Penguin Special from Berkley) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Technically, it's 2 stars. It was OK, not a complete - 'didn't like' - but it gets one star b'c this should be free, end of.
LKH should be ashamed of trying to milk her loyal fans out of a few quid for 20 or so pages of what this is & that is...a sex scene which made the cutting room floor. What? Her editor finally grew a set & decided to do her job & then b'c LKH hates anybody knowing better then her, decided to charge her fans for this redundant sex scene which didn't make the grade?
Here's what we get;
- We hear about the blue, blue, blue of JC's eyes.
- All the marble in the bathroom & water levels.
- Asher's blue, blue, blue outfit.
- Anita still doubting how beautiful she is & that someone as beautiful as these 2 vamps can find her beautiful.
- How she prefers to suck a flaccid penis.
- How she's still a screamer.
- That LKH still has an aversion to writing the word "come" so instead, everyone says they're "going" or "about to go" which just sounds to me like someone's about to take a dump rather than having an orgasm.
- Oh & yes...and predictably we gets the usual jab in there about all the "whiner babies" (a.k.a. readers who have turned their back on this series) who are judgmental over Anita appearing to be a raging whore with a harem of men b'c in Anita's eyes, they're all jelly.
Um, er...she is a raging wh-re but you know what would be better than her always blaming others for perceiving her this way? Just accepting that she is one! Who cares? Biatch has the Ardeur & a harem of gorgeous, willing men all raring to hitch a ride on the Anita Gravy Train. So what already?Read more ›
I love reading outtakes, especially ones that give me sexy times, especially ones with multiple partners. Throw in vampires and people topping each other, and it's an awesome combination of several of my kinks, all in one. So while I had some reservations (because let's face it, LKH hasn't exactly had luck writing good sex scenes lately), I really wanted to like this.
The actual sex scene, which starts in "chapter" two, is about 2,200 words long, and is packed with several kinks readers of the Anita Blake books probably enjoy. It takes a special skill to take a sexy threesome between loving partners, combine it with basically bulletproof kinks that the target audience enjoys, and turn out something that falls completely flat, but Beauty manages. Everything is so by-the numbers and analytical that any appeal is stripped out. The relentless in-and-out of the sex, the mindless screaming (either there's something wrong with her nervous system that makes her scream with pleasure as soon as the actual intercourse starts, or it's bad writing), combined with the clinically dry, completely sensuality-free language of the scene just falls flat and leaves me longing for something else.
There's my piece. I'm done shelling my money out to this author.
Anita checks her roster of sex partners and goes to see Jean-Claude. Then group bath time with Asher; 7 orgasms later (yes 7 of them) the scene ends.
I think it works out to 50 words per orgasm.
Avoid at all costs. I don't know what happened to her, the first 9 books were so clever, and then this... B grade porn happens.
Who Jean Claude and Asher were
Thank you for that
A hot tub and men
Should equal a hot sex scene
I should be panting
Instead of puking
TMI on flaccidity
And how you like it
I spent three dollars
And about seven brain cells
Reading this short scene
My money and cells
Are gone, but the taste lingers
Bad sex and short straws...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Shame on you, Amazon, for not specifying this novella is merely erotic fiction. This is literally just an extended sex scene, and not a very good one at that.Published 5 days ago by kwisa
Love this series of books. It is exciting and stays on track with the growth of the characters staying in the order of the books as they are written. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
A delicious taste of the every beautiful Jean-Claude, Anita, and Asher!!!!!! Steamy and Hot from beginning to end!Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
As always, I enjoyed the story. And this tiny snippet definitely leaves you wishing for more. It's such short story I feel bad for paying $3.17!!!! While good, it's worth $1. Read morePublished 4 months ago by LilMissPrd
A very short read in a single scene. One woman, two men, and a tub. What more could a girl ask for?Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Romance > Paranormal
- Books > Romance > Vampires
- Books > Romance > Werewolves & Shifters
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Vampires
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Paranormal > Werewolves & Shifters