- File Size: 1628 KB
- Print Length: 414 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Choose Yourself Media, LLC (January 8, 2015)
- Publication Date: January 8, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00S1PRTL4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17,555 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Become An Idea Machine: Because Ideas Are The Currency Of The 21st Century Kindle Edition
|Length: 414 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
2. Organize the first 10 days so that it doesn't include 2 airline questions: #6 is about making flying more comfortable. #10 is how to improve JetBlue. The slightest amount of editing would have corrected this.
3. She shares an (often shallow) idea or two just after the topic. Shift the suggestions to a separate page so that they don't unduly influence the thought process of creative thinking. I recommend reading just the title, cutting out the chaff and ignoring the sample she gives.
4. Acknowledge bias. By the 10th idea, she couldn't help but give a shameless plug for her husband's 'wealth' book. I don't mind a little shout out, but at least acknowledge that you have a plain bias and self-interest by promoting a spouse's book.
5. Spend another 6 weeks editing the book before publishing. So there are 180 separate ideas for each of the 180 days. It feels like the list she generated was a stream of consciousness with little organization or editing. She claims to have written the book in 6 weeks and it reads like it was.
6. Get better writing. This book feels like a hand-holding exercise with her and her uber-popular husband James. The idea of the book is solid, but the execution is poor.
7. Make the book permanently cost $0.99 and only sell the ebook version. The print version is really just a Price Anchor for the ebook. A $0.99 book alongside it's $14 print version seems like a screaming deal. This is a good example of how to worm your way to the top of the sales chart by having a great idea, poorly written, but priced so low ($0.99 for ebook) that it's reasonable to consider that the book worth the pocket change. The Martian followed a similar strategy.
8. The book could be easily improved by turning this into a case study: how to write a simple book, with a good idea, with little regard to the quality of execution and make a bundle of cash. THAT is the valuable story here.
9. Use examples for each of the ideas that aren't entirely focused on the author's narrow world experience. Most everything in her ideas list seems self-reflective. She fails to sufficiently consider the perspectives of a broader audience--not a concern if you only love cooking, flying, yoga, movies, and sleep.
10. One final way to improve the book...how about while reading the book you get to eat a nice warm cookie?
Claudia speaks from her experiences, so she knows what she's talking about. Many business authors only talk about theories without even testing them themselves. Claudia is an idea machine. And I hope I can be one too.
As soon as I finished the book, I immediately took out a pencil and started coming up with ideas. In fact, here are ten reasons why you should get this book:
1. It will bring you out of your comfort zone by forcing you to come up with ideas (very hard to do)
2. It will help you with your creativity
3. You'll be a lot sharper because you've been training your idea muscle
4. You'll go on many adventures because you'll want to execute on those ideas
5. You'll meet new people because you'll learn how give out ideas for free
6. You'll learn how to handle rejection because you'll suck at coming up with ideas at first
7. You'll learn to be generous because you won't care if people steal your ideas
8. You'll make more money because some of your ideas will take root and grow
9. You'll have someone (Claudia) guide you to writing ten ideas a day. Sometimes we need a little push.
10. Once you become an idea machine, you'll stop making excuses. So what are you waiting for?
It takes six months to become an idea machine. Seth Godin says "As you've probably guessed, the best time to start was last year. The second best time, is right now."
If not now, then when?
It's a neat little book to read when you need more creativity in your life and need a simple practice to ground you.
It may be something as simple as writing 10 ideas a day down, Get out your waiters pad, Do it real quick and throw your ideas a side. Everyday this kind of brainstorming will have a big impact on your life.
How many hours do you spend a day watching a brainless T.v.? This gives you the first baby step to accomplishing your dreams. Sometimes your dreams are far away and you need to lay them out on paper. Read this book it's the best.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Consulting
- Books > Business & Money > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Entrepreneurship & Small Business > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Industries > Consulting