- Paperback: 88 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 23, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 149914511X
- ISBN-13: 978-1499145113
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 0.2 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.3 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 327 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #74,749 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Becoming Magic: A Course in Manifesting an Exceptional Life (Book 1) Paperback – April 23, 2014
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book is the first installment from this author whose aim is to first change yourself before introducing techniques for manifestation. The technique book comes in the second volume. She provides sign posts of what to look for after you have been practicing the existential qualities noted above. She advises you don't move on to the second volume before your master the material in this book.
This book is significantly different from other positive and affirmation directed books as it aims to transform yourself before moving on to the techniques. According to the author this is the most important step you can take to authentic wealth and well being. She essentially posits that nothing will change in your life without first establishing a foundation of seeing the world through a different lens before you start using manifestation tools that will not work without the reconstruction job and foundation you lay beforehand.
I liked the book. But I will defer telling you this is a panacea until I wipe out my own complaining and learn to express more gratitude for all the good things in my life.
- it's who you are determines your life circumstances
- if you are not ready you can receive through application of the Law of Attraction and then lose it imminently
- so the first step in receiving is changing who you are, your beliefs and attitudes
- take responsibility for everything happening in your life
- stop complaining in general, you may complain only if it can change something immediately
- stop reading/watching/listening news as they are generally much worse than reality
- fill your journal of gratitude, you should find good in your current life to attract more good
- notice good changes in your life and build your belief that you can do anything
So the book does not say anything about techniques of attracting something you want, instead it creates foundation for it and accents that you would rather not get anything you are not ready to get because you will lose it.
I really enjoyed the book and highlighted it here and there.
Personally I already know all these points from other books on the Law of Attraction but I'm glad to hear them again in this arrangement, in this system, with new arguments, with new accents.
As for my actions,
- I already has taken resposibility for my life
- I do not complain generally
- I read news only occasionally
- I recently started conscious expression of gratitude
After reading this book I'm going to buy paper notebook specially for gratitude journal and expressing my gratitude on paper. And of course I'm going to read the second part of this book under name "Doing Magic" with much pleasure.
63 days of keeping journal update: my weight became 2.9 kg closer to my ideal one and keeps moving in right direction. I consciously tweaked my diet but I think positive emotions helped me to keep going. There are some promising shifts in my already good financial situation, but I cannot measure and report them awhile.