Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Becoming a Woman of Prayer
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 23, 1999
I have a better concept of God's invitation to me to pray, instead of me coming to prayer and hoping that God will meet me there. I now see that it is Jesus who is prompting me to pray, and I am so blessed to understand that the Holy Spirit helps me to pray according to God's will so that I get results! I am excited to see what God wants to show me every time I pick up this book. It has been an "eye-opening" experience. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for deeper intimacy and understanding of what a relationship with your Heavenly Father truely is. I am so blessed, and thankful to the author for writing this study for my own personal use!!
on June 4, 1999
I am 18, and I few friends and I started this bible study together to strengthen our prayer life and to also dig deeper into the WORD. My first impressions of the study from the cover of the book were not very encouraging, however the content was so amazing it completely knocked and knocks me off my feet. There is so much to be learned, and even though this study is usually done by women older than I am, I was amazed how deep we were able to get. Often times it took us several hours throughout several meetings to complete one chapter of the study! Yes, it was that indepth! I would highly recommed this study for all ages of women and all levels of faith. This study is well worth the price, and I promise you will learn and grow in more ways than you are aware. Go God!
on January 14, 2003
Cynthia's Heald's books "Becoming a woman of..." books are excellent for any woman, whether you are just starting to read the Bible or have read it 10 times. Cynthia's writing style was truly impressive to me. Each chapter starts with a reflective Bible verse and an exerpt from a Christian author or speaker. Then it gives you three or four different verses to look up in the Bible, sections to write your notes, and then a section with the Author's reflection on the concept of the chapter. The chapters increase in complexity, each more challenging as you go on through the book.
on February 3, 1999
I used this study guide in my women's bible study group and they all agreed it was a great blessing. It helps you discover why we pray, when to pray, how to pray and the importance of a great prayer life.
on June 4, 1999
on September 5, 2005
Yet another of Mrs. Heald's inspired Bible studies, this one has revolutionized my prayer life. It especially helped me to begin to recognize the enormous role that the Holy Spirit wants to play in my prayers, and how through prayer itself He can increasingly conform me to Christ. I am preparing to lead a small group Bible study using the book, and I expect God to do more life changing--that is my prayer. I would encourage any woman who wants to grow in Christ to study this book.
on August 31, 2005
I am a huge fan of Cynthia Heald, and was excited to find this devotional. I spend time each day engaging in devotion and Bible study, but often find that I have trouble coming up with the words for prayer. I sometimes feel like the prayers are rehearsed and repeats of the day before, so I was eager to jump into this study: I was not disappointed! Ms. Heald shares some really great thoughts on prayer from various authors, as well as her own thoughts and ideas, that bring a new meaning to the intimate act of prayer. I feel that my prayer life has been enriched by this devotional. The only reason that I only gave it 4 stars is because I just finished "Becoming A Woman of Grace," which I rated 5 stars, and although I loved this book and reccommend it to anyone who enjoys daily devotionals, the latter is hard to beat.
on June 8, 2007
An excellent purchase. This is a book of moving, heart deepening daily devotions. An excellent study in God's Word on prayer with personal application.
on April 15, 2016
I went through this book as a part of a group Bible study. It was a great way to get together and study what God's word says about prayer.
One of the most meaningful chapters to me was “When God is Silent.” When we are going through such a season, we tend to feel alone or as if we have done something awful to turn God away. The book also gives several reasons why God may be “silent” and helped me to evaluate my life. It was comforting and reassuring to know that I’m not alone, and that even though I don’t “feel” Him, God is still there listening to me.
I recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a simple introduction to prayer and has a heart to pray for others. This book is a part of a series, but this is the only one in the series which I did.
on January 17, 2015
This is a great book. I worked through it on my own first and then led a Bible Study with this book. I love that it is set up like with lots of space to write your own thoughts and notes. Each chapter leads you to look verses up in the word and reflect on them and includes really applicable quotes. This book covers tough topics like "When God is Silent" and "Hinderances to Prayer". It helped me grow in my prayer life and it made for really good Bible Study discussion. I highly recommend it.