Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on October 22, 2003
This is a sweet little storybook illustrating four songs from the included CD. The pictures are simple and very cute, drawn beautifully by Marcel Dzama. The fourth song, Bed Bed Bed, is a different version than the one on the "No" album. This one is sung by Kimya Dawson and the pace is much slower than the original.
Song number two, Happy Doesn't Have to Have an Ending, is constant repeat in our house. My kids, who are 8 and 6, just love it. They were already big fans of "No", and they love to read along while the songs play.
on November 13, 2003
I am an embarrassingly huge, long-time TMBG fan with a little kid who is a recent convert, so I bought a few copies of Bed, Bed, Bed in advance of release. I think Marcel Dzama's illustrations are gorgeous and the songs are fun, but now that I have looked at it once, I feel like it is more something to have than to read. The book is done extraordinarily well, so I am pleased to own it. I almost wish, though, that rather than going for elegance, TMBG had taken the route of the NO! disk and website and made the book zany, over-the-top fun (pop-ups, flaps, dials, push sounds...whatever). Even if that had made it a bit more expensive, I think it would have been truer to the Giants' experience and would have made it nightly reading at our house. I hope the guys go for it again in the future. I'll be first in line.
on July 7, 2016
My only complaint is that I wish I would've been able to look through this first before I bought it! Some of the pictures are a little intense for some kiddos.
on January 1, 2006
This book makes awkward reading, especially to a 4-year old who doesn't know TMBG. It's just song lyrics, which don't have much meaning to a child, and don't flow very well for reading. The CD makes it a little easier, because at least my son can look at the pictures, but it's still not ideal. I love TMBG, and I have for many years, so this book/CD is a nice addition to my collection. However, I bought it for my son, who listened to it for the first few weeks, but after that hasn't picked it up again.
on February 22, 2013
Will definitely recommend particularly if you like TMBG. The book is very well made and illustrated nicely. Music and lyrics are excellent. It is goof for a bedtime and just for fun. Will give it as a gift without hesitation and will recommend, money well spent.
on June 10, 2015
My nephews enjoyed it and got the music stuck in their heads. Great condition and arrived on time!
on January 17, 2014
I like that these are fun, educational songs to play for my children---but despite all of the other reviews I still found the songs pretty annoying. Maybe eventually they will grow on me.
on March 2, 2009
I've always loved TBMG and we started our daughter out with the Here Comes the ABC's/123's CD/DVD's when she was 4 and she loved them, so we added this book, which she also loves! She likes to read this book last before going to bed and listen to the CD on repeat while she falls asleep.

It's not a great car CD like the other 2, but it is a great night time routing book/CD!
on October 24, 2003
As an avid TMBG fan, I eagerly awaited the release of this book. While I do not regret my purchase, the book is not as useable as I had hoped.
The first two songs with this book go painfully slow. The pages of illustrations for this part of the book must keep your child's attention for over a minute.
The second two songs of the book, "Idlewild" and "Bed, Bed Bed", go much quicker and are better able to hold a child's attention, though it can go a bit too quickly at times and can be difficult to turn the pages in time to the music.
There are no indications for when to turn the page, so this is not an independent reading book for a young child.
The music is great, though, and the illustrations are charming. A definite must-have for any TMBG fan.
on June 16, 2015
Love everything TMBG! (Yes, even the kid stuff! And no, I'm not a kid..)