- File Size: 1086 KB
- Print Length: 258 pages
- Publisher: eKensington (July 31, 2014)
- Publication Date: July 31, 2014
- Sold by: Penguin Random House Publisher Services
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IO3QRF2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #403,958 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price set by seller.
Bedding The Baron (Illegitimate Bachelor Book 1) Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I like my characters to be believable and their problems realistic. Such was the case with Frederick and Portia. In addition to well developed and believable characters, Ms. Ivy gives us a period romance that is mercifully missing the ridiculous 'misunderstandings' and resultant bitter feelings that so often litter period romance novels. Both characters had fairly straightforward problems requiring thoughtful resolution. The best news is that they sought comfort in each other even as they struggled with issues of their pasts as well as their respective present. They have each experienced terrible heartbreak but are not so irrevocably broken that their relationship is more about triage than love. I really liked these two and, while the HEA was a foregone conclusion, the journey to get there was a really good read.
So, why 4 stars rather than 5? Mostly because Amazon doesn't allow half stars. I have deducted a half star because I felt that the incessant descriptions of Frederick's masculine beauty were excessive. I didn't need to be reminded of it on nearly every page whenever Frederick and Portia were together.
Bedding the Baron is book one in the Illegitimate Bachelor series. Will I continue to book two? Most definitely.
The character's seemed real, their problems didn't seem over the top either. I am not going to repeat the premise of the story, just what you will discover reading it.
I enjoyed how the author starts out the story and the way she introduces our 3 men who will all have their own stories told.
There is passionate lovemaking, mildly or slightly above mild but not vulgar or erotic at all.
There is tension, secrets to expose, great friendship, romance that builds slowly, no cliffhanger and we get a great HEA. I enjoyed this story so much, that I am off to explore Ian's story and what secrets he unravels. (ljb)
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Saga
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Romance > Historical
- Books > Romance > Regency
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Sagas
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > British
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > European
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Irish
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Regency