|Item Weight||3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||30 x 1.5 x 0.1 inches|
|Item model number||806222604336|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||2|
Beddit Classic Sleep Monitor, 1.0, White
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Beddit monitors your sleep - without any disturbing wearable sensors
- Beddit tracks sleep time, heart rate, snoring, breathing and night-time events, e.g. bed exits
- Beddit's Smart Alarm clock wakes you up at an optimal hour of your sleep cycle
- Beddit connects to your smart phone (iOS or Android) using Bluetooth
- Beddit gives you coaching tips on how to improve your sleep and wellness
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Beddit is the world's most ambient sleep tracker. You place the ultra-thin Beddit sensor to your bed, under the bed sheet - and just sleep on it. Beddit takes care of the rest. Beddit connects to your smart phone via Bluetooth and wakes you up at an optimal hour using its Smart Alarm feature. In the morning, you'll have a sleep analysis on your smart phone telling your sleep time, sleep cycles, sleeping patterns, resting heart rate, breathing frequency and snoring time. Utilizing your sleep data and personal details set on your profile Beddit coaches you towards better sleep and healthier life.
Top Customer Reviews
1) Comfort: You don't have to wear anything - it installs on your bed under your sheets!
2) Accuracy: Measures heart rate, respiration rate and movement, and feeds it into their algorithms to measure sleep accurately
3) Excellent App: Easy to use app, that provides visually appealing statistics (see attached images)
4) Free Cloud Backup: All metrics get backed up to their secure cloud, so you can see trends over time (see attached images)
5) Data Portability: You can download your sleep metrics in an excel file from their website. It also updates Apple Health
6) Heart Rate Variability (HRV): For some reason, this metric is visible only in the excel file data download. HRV is a metric that measures gaps between your heart rate. An over-simplified relevance of this metrics is that if it is consistently low, it means you are stressed out and should rest. If it is high, that means you are ready to train more. This metric is very complex to calculate, so it is a big plus for general stress management and for managing your exercise regimen without overtraining.
7) Real-time back-up: Once I forgot to plug my phone into its charger, and it ran out of battery at around 2:30 AM. When I recharged my phone, I realized that my sleep data till the time it shutdown was autosaved to the app and the cloud.
8) Good customer service: After using Beddit a few days, I had a few questions. I created a ticket on their website, and received a reply fairly quickly. They even sent a follow-up few weeks later to ask how my overall experience has been.
Areas of Improvement:
1) The adhesive that sticks the strip to your bed will wear out over time. Also, once the adhesive becomes weak, it may create errors if not straightened out. Beddit is aware of this and suggests that you use a double-sided tape to fix it, but they could have included in the packaging. Alternatively, they could have made a velcro type of a solution, where they could have sold the velcro end that sticks to the bed as a separate accessory. That way, over time one could just replace those adhesive ends and pat the product over the new strip.
2) HRV is a great metric. If they can figure out a way to provide it in the app, it will appeal to advanced fitness oriented users.
3) Sleep tips provided by the app are very generic, and almost everyone knows them. Given the wealth of data that they obtain regarding a user's heart rate, respiration rate, the number of times he/she wakes up - it would be better if they can provide more customized sleep tips.
4) App should give an alert if the user has not plugged the phone into its charger.
Conclusion: You will not regret this purchase, as it is an incredible device for its price. Just remember to follow the instructions!
Beddit family website trend graphs
App data comparison between Beddit and Misfit Flash for the same night
Installation on the bed under the sheets
Excellent packaging with a book describing healthy living, eating and sleeping
Excel file downloaded from Beddit family website with HRV metrics
For a long time, this was the best sleep monitor on the market. It works much better than apps on your phone or a wearable (like a FitBit) alone.
Now, other, better sleep monitors have come out, but they 1) are much more expensive and 2) often require a separate wearable.
The Beddit Classic accurately tracks your sleep and sends data back to your smart phone. One of the advantages of the Beddit 2 is that it tracks automatically, while the Beddit Classic requires you to initiate tracking on your phone. I found that pretty easy to do right before going to sleep, so you'll have to decide for yourself whether that is worth paying double the price for something that's otherwise essentially the same.
The smart alarm is great and really helps you wake up feeling more refreshed.
If you're looking for a great sleep monitor but don't want to spend a lot, the Beddit Classic is definitely the way to go.
Normally, that kind of customer service (or lack thereof) would earn a company a one star rating, but the data I got from those four months was actually useful to me, so three stars felt a little more honest.
If you're at all concerned about durability, long-term use, or customer service, then steer clear of this product. If getting some insights into how you're sleeping for the short term is worth the cost to you, then go for it.
I will try it for one more night and if it does not work then I want my money back.
I tried it the second and third night and the app now works!!!! Glad I did not request a refund. I'm happy to say I recommend the product for anyone that needs to monitor their sleep pattern. I love the fact you do not have to sync with computer and upload data. This gadget only requires you to click "Sleep" and then it records all the data. Also on Iphone, if enable data will disable too on Apple Health app.
Note-The instruction does not indicate Iphone 6, however it is compatible.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So nothing happened except I wasted time & money.