Bee Hive - 8 Frame Deluxe Beehive Starter Kit and Beekeeping Supplies - Perfect Hives for Beginners and Pros + FREE Lesson Book for New Beekeepers! Our Beekeeper Kits for Honey Bees are Easy-to-lift Wood Beehives with Quality Equipment - Boxes, Frames, Smoker, Fuel, Veil, Gloves Fitting Any Suit. QUALITY GUARANTEED or Your Money Back!
|Sale:||$229.97 + $59.00 shipping|
|You Save:||$120.02 (34%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- YOU'VE JUST FOUND THE EASIEST WAY TO START BEEKEEPING. Perfect Unassembled Hives for Beginners and Pro Beekeepers Alike. Get All The Equipment You Need In One Place Right Now, Make a Real Difference For the Environment, and Start Having Years of Fun!
- OUR 8-FRAME BEE HIVE STARTER KIT GIVES YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED (EXCEPT THE BEES!) TO WORK LIKE THE PROS. All the Beekeeping Supplies to Get Started, Easy to lift hives, high quality wood, 6-5/8
- YOU GET IT ALL WITH THIS KIT. TWO 8-frame 6-5/8 inch wooden supers, 16 6 1/4 inch grooved top bar frames, 16 Sheets plastic based foundation, One Bottom board, One Telescoping metal cover, One Inner cover, One Reversible entrance reducer, One Entrance feeder, One All purpose hive tool, One Protective Bee Veil (hat in picture not included), One Sting resistant gloves, One Bee smoker to calm bees, One Smoker fuel 1 lb, Book: First Lessons in Beekeeping, Assembly instructions.
- MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. BuildaBeehive has been in this business a long time, and we stand behind our products. If you're not completely satisfied for any reason, simply contact us to arrange a return we will give you back your money!
- QUALITY COMPONENTS, OUSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE BY PHONE, FULL REPLACEMENT WARRANTY. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE... So what are you waiting for? Click the
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Manufacturer Part Number||M59801|
|Shipping Weight||46 pounds|
Who Else Wants to SAVE the Honey Bees... And Have a Lot of FUN Doing It?
You've Just Found the Easiest Way To Get Started Beekeeping!
- Get All The Equipment You Need Now
- Make a Real Difference For the Environment
- Start Having Years of Fun... And Pass It On To Your Kids and Grandkids!
Are You an Awesome Beekeeper... Or Do You Want to Be?
Our Bee Hive Starter Kit Gives You Everything You Need (Except the Bees!) to Work Like the Pros
- All the equipment you need
- Easy to lift, high quality wood, 6-5/8" depth 8 frame Langstroth supers
- All the tools you'll need, bee veil, gloves, smoker and fuel, hive tool
- Perfect For Beginners and Pros Alike
- Comes unassembled, only basic carpentry skills required
You Get All This!
- Two 8-frame 6-5/8 inch wooden supers
- 16 6 1/4 inch grooved top bar frames
- 16 Sheets plastic based foundation
- One Bottom board
- One Telescoping metal cover
- One Inner cover
- One Reversible entrance reducer
- One Entrance feeder
- One All purpose hive tool
- One Protective Bee Veil
- One Sting resistant gloves
- One Bee smoker to calm bees
- One Smoker fuel 1 lb.
- Book: First Lessons in Beekeeping
- Assembly instructions
- Ship wt. 50 lbs
BuildaBeehive has been in this business a long time, and we stand behind our products. If you're not completely satisfied for any reason, simply contact us to arrange a return we will give you back your money! But Please Don't Wait... We Have Limited Supply On Hand
*** Click the Button at the Top of This Page To Get Your Discounted Kit! ***
Top customer reviews
One thing this kit does NOT come with are stands to keep hive off the ground. You're gonna need to use something to protect the hive from bugs and animals. Wish it had come with stands, but I just put our hive on cinder blocks. Works well in a pinch and cheap!
You also need a way to hold the cover down too in case of high winds. Ropes or bungee cables work great, or can put blocks on top too.
This is an eight frame bee hive kit. Remember this when you need to order more hive bodies on top. The ten frame bodies are a different size, pretty common, but they are heavier than the body this kit comes with. Lighter hive bodies like this are easier to lift, but give less honey too.
Since we began we've added a couple hives and stacked some more bodies on this one, no problems. I don't need to buy another kit now, but I would buy this kit again if I was starting over.
Having said that, the instructions that came with it were adequate - the only missing instruction I recall was for the telescoping top cover when not telling me whether the smooth or rough side of the paneling should face up or down. I decided to adopt the same orientation as was instructed for the inner cover.
The materials were good quality, everything fit together, and there were no knots in any of the pieces. If you work with wood, knots are something you know requires special paint to cover (google: Kilz) and over time often pop out and leave a hole.
As for the rest of the package, it is a good, minimal set of equipment that will get you started. I do think you will shortly be looking to discard the bottom board shipped here and replace it with a screened bottom board to combat mites. I don't know many (or even any) beekeepers still using an unscreened bottom board. Maybe in winter.
As for a package with two shallow boxes, my guess it might be a good rig for someone who isn't looking for a lot of honey and won't mind finding some brood in what should be 'honey-only' frames in the upper box. In other words, I think the bottom shallow box will not be enough space to insure the queen only lays eggs in the lower box - I think she will probably be all over both of these shallow boxes. What the mindset behind this configuration is remains a bit of a mystery to me.
To the extent I am unhappy with this equipment, it is primarily my fault for ordering the wrong set.
Most recent customer reviews
Having said that, I purchased this as a “noob.Read more
really needed a 9 inch super for the brood box on the bottom of the hive .Read more