Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Package Quantity: 1|Color: White|Change

Showing 1-10 of 237 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 251 reviews
on September 12, 2016
My Bee House Ceramic Coffee Dripper was as cute as it could be until it fell off my cup and bounced on the floor. It broke into many pieces of course. The base of the Dripper was oval and only sat kind of firm on one of my various cups in my kitchen. It needs a round base to be more supportive and stable while one pours hot water through the filter. Bummer. I loved the color.
on April 24, 2015
I'm fairly serious about coffee. By fairly I mean over the top bordering on psychotic. I'm particular about the way I brew it from the beans to the grinder to the water all the way up to the method. The Bee House Dripper is one of my favorites. It's my go to brewing method in the mornings. It's easy and doesn't require thought BEFORE I've had my coffee. I love how the ceramic keeps my coffee piping hot while it's brewing so I don't get a mug that's even kinda cooled off. I grind about 23 grams of coffee depending on the coffee and the size of the mug - using a medium course grind. I use the bamboo filters from Melitta and rinse them in boiling water. Using the pulse method it takes about 3:30 - 3:45 to make a cup of coffee. Then the filter and grounds can go in the compost.

Plus it comes in yellow. I like yellow.
review image
on December 20, 2016
It works well, it's easy to clean, and you can see the fluid level in the container below it though the D-shaped holes in the bottom (thus avoiding overflows). Even a newbie at pour-overs like me got good results after watching a brief video tutorial. I especially like what it does with light and bright roasts -- I found that a standard coffee maker made a brew that was hard on my stomach, while a pour-over using this dripper made the coffee smoother and easier to digest.

Minuses: It's a bit fragile. I wouldn't take it on a trip, though I might use it in the office.
on February 3, 2014
Easy to clean = better tasting coffee.
On our old plastic drip cone, the coffee grounds would stick to the cone in-between the grooves like a thick smudge which was really hard to clean off especially since you can't use anything to scrub it. Build-up simply doesn't happen on the ceramic cone. It's easy to clean so on two counts, the coffee tastes better: 1. it doesn't have that hint of plastic taste 2. no influence of old coffee.

Nice features
You can see through to the mug! Wide bottom plate makes it easy to set even on our cappuccino sized mugs (don't get the wrong idea though, it won't work for some of those huge bowl mugs). The handle is balanced well in weight compared to the size so it doesn't feel like it might break easily or fumble out of your hand. Two drip holes, neither of which are large make for an even and lovely brew. The ceramic is a good quality. I don't think that this will break easily but rest assured that we've been careful not to be clumsy with it either.

I saw this on Amazon a year before I actually bought it. I would I have bought it sooner had it not been for the price which, for us, was a lot to consider with certain questions in our minds yet lingering. We like it a LOT. Great quality! Glad we bought it but I'm not going to boast about it otherwise. I would be embarrassed to say that we spent that much on a coffee cone.
on November 8, 2014
Fantastic dripper. We bought this to replace a stoneware cone from World Market - this one was 3x the cost but in retrospect totally worth it. It is lighter and smaller than stoneware cones of similar capacity and the dual holes allow you to quickly pour a homogenous tasty cup.

Note that even the "Large" may be smaller than you expected - the large holds a total of 12oz of liquid or so, definitely smaller than the stoneware cone I had. Not a complaint, just a note - you probably shouldn't be filling the cone with water at any point anyways if you are looking to draw a good cup.
on May 23, 2015
It's a beautiful item, but it drains too quickly due to the two holes at base. I have actually plugged up one of the holes to make it drip slower (soaks coffee longer), but still drips too fast for my liking. I also bought the Melitta white porcelain cone brewer, and I have to say it works much better! One hole, slower flow, and soaks the coffee longer for a better cup of coffee.
on August 17, 2015
I love this because it's so simple to use. The viewing holes are great, and my other pour over drippers get left on the shelf when I'm using this on a mug. When I use a stand for weird sizes or tumblers, the little nubs below make it a bit unstable. You just have to make sure your dripper is flat on the stand, or else the coffee drip will be angled, and could make a mess. I see the utility of adding stability to it resting on a mug much more valuable than the issues it causes while on a stand. This makes a great, quick cup of coffee. I don't use it for iced coffee because I like my coffee stronger so that it can dilute some from the ice. The two holes allows a quick drain and so I ultimately go with a different dripper for my iced coffee so that it brews in the coffee longer. But for general use, I love this dripper and would recommend to anyone interested in pour over coffee. There are many who swear by the Hario V60, but I think this one is much more approachable, and uses standard filters.
on June 30, 2014
Makes an extremely smooth cup. I use this recipe from Andy Sprenger, the "Brewer's Cup King":

Mr. Sprenger's Winning Brew Method

Coffee Grind: "`Fine drip' to `drip', roughly the coarseness of refined white sugar. Err on the side of too coarse than too fine."

Coffee Dose: 12 grams

Water Volume: 205 grams (1:17 ratio)

Water Temperature: "I used an electric Bonavita kettle and my pours began ~30 seconds to a min past the kettle turning off, so around 205 degrees, but I was not measuring prior to pour. This is something I'll likely be playing with in the next few months prepping for the Worlds."

Bloom Time / Contact Time / Draw Down Time: "I use a fairly quick bloom time (~20-30 sec) to keep the bloom soft and easy to pour into (the crust continues to rise on second and third pours). With the small dose, I find about a 2:30 contact time to be perfect, with a draw down time between 15-25 seconds. If my total brew time is around 2:45, I'm pretty confident the cup is going to be good."

Additional Instructions: "I maintain the coffee bed quite low in the brewer. I think this helps with heat retention and more consistent contact with water to grounds (minimizes high and dry grounds). For the first 2/3 of the brew I like to pour very gently right into the center of the brew bed (no stirs, swirls or circular dripping). I try and let gravity be the force behind the extraction (think of the force of a wave pulling your feet into the sand - that is a lot of force). So no swirls or zig zags until the last part of brew when I want to make sure that the crust that remains and any higher grounds have had their share of hot water."

Filter Type: "I tested many different filters over the past year and the clear winner for me is the white Melitta. It imparts the least paper taint (we cupped a lot of "filter tea") and won out on overall quality of cup delivered. I also cut any unnecessary paper away from the filter (the extra ridge they built in to reduce risk of filter splitting at seem) so that it sits clean and low in the Beehouse."
on November 30, 2014
I used to have a 12-cup brewer, a Keurig, a French press, and a stovetop espresso pot. And I'm sure more, but isn't that enough? When I relocated, I kept only the French press (my preference for steeping chai tea), and the stovetop espresso pot, which I only used occasionally, and supplemented any coffee cravings with the awesome office brew (no, really - it's good, as long as the boys don't overfill the grounds in the filter and turn it into sludge).

As a result, and following somewhat of a detox, I thought I'd weaned myself mostly off of coffee, until while visiting a friend, I decided to use her pour-over cone to make a cup. I didn't think it would be any better or worse than a regular pot, but I discovered -you guessed it- I liked it better. And so began my quest for my home pour-over solution.

So, instead of focusing on my homework (like now), I researched the art of the pour over to decide what tools would best suit my new passion, then browsed Amazon and reviews. Now, to get to the point!

Ceramic can sometimes be fragile; that doesn't seem to be the case with this. Some reviews have complained of instability? I suppose if you were trying to balance the cup on which it's placed on the end of a toothpick, I'd be concerned, but you'd have to be pretty sloppy with the pour to knock this off of a cup - and that could be a concern with a plastic one or any other material, unless there were some sort of lid that clamped it on to the cup.

If it seems wobbly, I'd suggest the lip of the mug is too large. 3.75 is largest diameter I would risk with this size, and at that, I would still hold on to the handle of the dripper. With anything narrower, it is pretty solid. There is a raised ring on the underside to help keep it from sliding off the edges of a cup.

The slots under the cone are just big enough to see the drip into the cup. I can't say that's helped me not over pour on a couple of occasions (since there is water in the cone that has yet to drip it's way down to the cup), but maybe that will be different once I'm using a kettle designed for this pour. At least it allows me to see when I have over poured and mitigate the cleanup before it spills.

I'm using up an old pack of Melitta #4 cone filters I'd used with my brewer, and they work great. They stick up above the lip of the cone just a bit, which is handy when I get a little overzealous with pouring water.

I love the color; it's exactly the rich chocolaty shade I wanted to coordinate with my teapot and serving dishes. Not that it matters, since it isn't like it goes on the table with dinner... but it's the little things, right?

And now, I'm drinking coffee again and loving it. Still less than with a 12 cup brewer; I'm able to practice restraint mostly because I've decided to only hand-grind my beans for this new addiction. I do find though that this process creates a richer, less bitter cup of coffee than many other brewing options, to the point where I find straight black coffee almost palatable. (I like mine with a spoon of raw honey, dash of cinnamon, and a splash of coconut or almond milk)
on September 16, 2012
I use this little coffeemaker every morning. It is actually big enough to make coffee for four servings, if I use a wide-mouth quart jar as the receiver instead of my personal coffee mug. I typically make 12oz of coffee at a time for myself. It doesn't really take longer than the electric drip maker I used to use; It's just a scheduling issue. I start heating water in the teakettle while I do a couple of other things, pour 4oz of boiling water on two scoops of grounds, do a few other things in the kitchen, pour 8oz of water of boiling water on the now moistened grounds and wait a short time while it drips through. The coffee is great (no hot plastic taste)and cleanup is simple. I use cheap basket filters instead of cone filters, and they work fine for me.