- Series: For Dummies (Lifestyle)
- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 4 edition (January 17, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119310067
- ISBN-13: 978-1119310068
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 1.1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 172 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,609 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Beekeeping For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyle)) 4th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Learn what to do in your first season and beyond
- Keep your bees healthy using natural methods
- Manage all phases of honey production
The bestselling, hands-on guide to beekeeping
Find out what all the buzz is about beekeeping. Beekeeping For Dummies gives you details on starting and managing your own backyard colonies with practical, up-to-date information on all things apicultural. Whether you're a newbie or an old hand looking for the latest tools and techniques, this hands-on guide tells you what you need to know to keep happy, healthy honey bees, understand bee behavior, use the latest hiving techniques, and a whole lot more. You can also check out how-to beekeeping videos online.
- Manage a Langstroth or Top Bar hive
- Keep bees in the 'burbs or the city
- Acquire bees and install them safely
- Learn when and how to inspect your bees
- Identify and fix common problems
- Save using enclosed coupons for beekeeping supplies
About the Author
Howland Blackiston has been a backyard beekeeper since 1984. He's written many articles on beekeeping and appeared on dozens of television and radio programs. He is also the author of Building Beehives For Dummies, which provides detailed instructions on how to build hives from scratch.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm researching everything I need to know about starting and caring for a hive for work. We run an organic farm and I ordered this and 3 other beekeeping books. I started with The Backyard Beekeeper, but left it at home so cracked this one the other day at work. It's so easy to read and written in a way that makes me want to keep reading. I finished it in less than 24hours. I feel like I have a good foundation to jump from, and the other books will be easier to read now that I'm familiar with the subject.
Information is presented clearly. Standard practice as well as the author's personal suggestions, but always reminding the reader that learning the traditional methods is important yet we'll develop our own styles as time goes on. Pick what works best for us.