Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on June 17, 2015
For the last several years, my wife and I have given this book as a gift to every high school graduate who's preparing to enter college. We've always thought that if even half the young men and women found just a little value in the book, it was worth it. It has so many great ideas; some of which are common sense and others that few people would ever consider. I wish someone had given me this book as a graduation gift. I might have had a more successful first semester of my freshman year.
on March 2, 2016
This one is a lot of fun to have as a coffee-table book, or to pass around at parties. It's a bunch of one-liners from students and instructors about what they see in college, or what they wish they'd done differently. There were a few points in there that made me look up and realize that some part of my own college experience could best be described as "optimistic insanity." I wish I'd had this years ago.
on March 20, 2011
I'm an R.A. in a college residence hall and I keep a copy of this book laying around my room. When guys are just hanging out they often pick it up and usually get sucked in because any page they turn to has great advice-and it's all from other college students. There's a lot of stuff that most freshmen don't even know they should know, and actually, that goes for sophomores, juniors and seniors. This book pretty much covers it all - it's a ton of excellent information in a non-intimidating little book.
on November 5, 2014
If you are in college or thinking about higher education, put this book on your Christmas wish list. To parents and grandparents of college age young adults, buy them this book. It's a flip through. Read it with your young adult. If you've already been to college, you will groan at all the opportunities you missed! Carol Christen, author What Color Is Your Parachute for Teens.
on September 29, 2016
The best part is that these are actual comments by actually former or present college students. I bought this copy for my daughter-in-law, a gifted high school counselor, so it will be wisely used.
on February 14, 2013
This is an easy way to get a lot of good information! There are issues and
situations that you really don't think about until you are right there. This
book not only gives you a heads up, but also provides strategies for
dealing with whatever. The sections on getting through math courses and
finding an internship really made a difference for me.
on July 7, 2014
If I had this book when I was in college my life would have been so much easier!
Life is too short to have to "reinvent the wheel" to learn the ideas already
provided in this book.
on January 11, 2014
I gave this book to a cousin of mine who was just graduating high school. I thought that even if he just flipped through the book he may come across some great tidbits of information. The book covers most topics important to an incoming college freshman. An awesome gift to grad! Highly recommend.
on January 18, 2015
Things that kids need to know, but parents cannot tell them. Decided to save my breath and give them each a copy of this book.
on June 14, 2015
Great book for the high school grad...just bought as gifts for this year's class.