Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on September 17, 2007
This is one emotional album. To compare it to any other M83 albums would be difficult. While all their CD are great, Before the Dawn... in my opinion is a step up in the maturity level of the lyrics and in song craft compared to the likes of Dead Cities.. I suppose that Before the Dawn.. could be more compared to Natural Disaster era Anathema. Its really the same sort of thing, melancholy lyrics with beautiful passages paired with some female vocals.
If you are an emotional sort, these songs may take you to places you dont want to be. They are very fatalistic and beautifully morose. I personally dont see too much redemption in this CD as some of these reviewers do, but thats up to interpretation. It just isnt a very happy CD. If I ever feel the need to do "the deed" this album will be right up there with Alternative 4 and Brave Murder day.
In summery all the tracks are outstanding. Hell, at the risk of being a wimp they made me cry out loud. Its that emotional. Dont get me wrong its a sweet album and I feel if you didnt get it you would be missing out.
on March 20, 2015
Excellent CD. Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun is just an awesome beautiful piece of music. Very ambient. In The Cold I'm Standing and Fields, Shorlines And Hunters are also geat songs. If you love Hurry Up We're Dreaming you'll definitely like this CD.
on August 29, 2015
A modern Tangerine Dream mixed with Daft Punk and the 60's band America, I was hooked from their work on the sound track on the great movie Oblivion (where I found Susanne Sunfor as well btw) and searched for their work acquiring several works besides this Before the Dawn. All their work I have found is haunting while synchronizing and asynchronizing your mind with their melody, beats and voices. Great stuff to put on background while hacking and making stuff in the space.
on May 21, 2017
great album!
on April 2, 2017
Awesome
on December 5, 2011
THIS IS A VINYL REVIEW

After getting into vinyl and building a base up of old records I have started buying new ones to supplement the vintage music, and M83 was a good choice. I will admit, Lower Your Eyelids is the performer of the entire album, but the other three sides buildup to a finale worthy of a Discovery Channel montage. The Vinyl is heavy and quality and has shown no signs of significant warp or distortion, and the packaging is crisp and clean. Good buy and has gotten me checking out other M83 albums.
on August 4, 2016
Not familiar with this band. Orders to get 1 song off the album that I like. If the other titles are like it , I will be very please.
on March 23, 2016
The perfect album to drive through city freeways late at night with no traffic :)
on February 22, 2015
Alternately soothing and invigorating electronica. Often lush and complex, with ghostly vocals that echo long after your device is off.
on November 16, 2015
This is simply a beautiful album, There is little I can say beyond that.