- File Size: 2509 KB
- Print Length: 58 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: RITUAL LIMITED; 1 edition (August 23, 2016)
- Publication Date: August 23, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01KYJPXIA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,217 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
Before You Sleep: Three Horrors Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The second piece, “The Ancestors”, involves a little Japanese girl who has moved to a new house with her parents. She’s lonely at first, but then befriends the ghost of another little girl and the toys left behind when other children have “left” the house. This one was my least favorite, although it was by no means a dud. The narration is creepy and unnerving, and you never quite get a sense of what the heck is going on.
The last story is “Florrie” and it recounts the behavior of a young man who recently purchased a townhouse from an elderly woman – whose furniture and belongings remain mysteriously within the house. I found this story surprising in both the tone and the plot line and was sucked into the story.
Overall, these are not gore fests and the endings are rather ambiguous, so those of you who need closure might be disappointed. However, I found the prevailing sense on uncertainty quite satisfying.
The narrative of this each story was the main reason to get involved for the horror and the suspense that each horror story has to have.
One reason why I like this book is because that it gives out a lot of detail and the author Adam Nevil is a really good writer.
One reason why I dislike the book is because I think that the author could have added more to the stories instead of leaving the Cliff Hanger's like he did and I was hoping that on the last story he would let it go one more than it did.
And those area the reasons why I liked it and did not like it and what I thought on the book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Classics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror > Short Stories