Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Begin.
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

Format: MP3 Music|Change

on August 14, 2012
Just purchased this album and I already love it. It is so refreshing to hear David's vocal ability again instead of all of the fluff that is so common in todays albums. They encompass everything but the artist's voice. When David was on American Idol, what I fell in love with was his voice. His ability to take a song and make it his own and use his vocals to just reach in and grab your heart and take it on an emotional journey. This album brings me back to those days. Yet there is a certain maturity to his voice as well. David is so talented and I am grateful to be able to experience his music with him.
on August 23, 2012
I ordered 3 of the BEGIN CD as soon as it was available for pre-order. David Archuleta's vocals on these carefully selected songs are the reason he has such loyal fans. He NEVER disappoints us. Each song is a testament to how David views the power of music. I am in awe of his talent. My favorites are "Don't Give Up", "Angel", and the original "Broken". David wanted to leave music for his fans while he was away on his 2 year mission, but he did more than that. He left us all a piece of his heart and soul in "BEGIN". #DA2014
on August 25, 2012
Many things I don't know...but a few I've known for sure since American Idol Season 7....
David Archuleta can Sing. And he knows how to use it.
His sensibility, skills and intention with music have always been impeccable. He strikes me as one who knows his mind, and will continue to go his own way with music, no matter what the commercial market dictates...I appreciate his integrity and his authentic, artistic approach to his music.
He's got the most uniquely beautiful and emotional voice...moving in a way that mystifies me still.
This cd showcases his voice beautifully. I love that music is so personal to him, and how he uses it to express wherever his mind and life are at, and should be taken in this context. The songs on this cd express hope, faith, compassion as he was about to embark on a mission where he will also walk that walk. So impressed by his talent, but also how he handles himself.
My immediate favorites: "Don't Give Up" (Hauntingly moving, emotional vocals. I didn't find it "disjointed" as others said; I love the juxtiposition of the two uniquely different voices); "Angel"(Perfectly understated, pure David...sweet, restrained vocals that showcase the simple beauty of the song) and "Broken" (Heartwrenching, beautiful.) Get chills everytime I listen to them. I love "Somewhere Only We Know" and "Pride/In The Name of Love" too...edgier, strong vocals. I hear and feel more layers and vocal nuances each time I listen. In that respect I cannot wait to hear these live, where David always puts a fresh spin on things.
Kudos to Kurt Bestor and all involved as the arrangements and orchestra are beautiful also...amazing they did this in 2 weeks before he left.
Fans will love "The Voice" up front and center of this cd..and the "David take" on each song. Anyone else who appreciates a "real singer" singing some great songs should give "that runner-up kid from Idol" another look...and keep him on your radar...he's still got a lot to give.
on August 28, 2012
I only ran into David a few weeks ago when I was watching some videos of Selena Quintanilla Perez on you*tube and he sang one of her most famous songs as a tribute to her at the TMA two years ago. I'm telling you, I've heard many people sing that particular song several times since her passing in 1995 but NOBODY has gotten as close to the way she sung it, as David did. It was like hearing her but only in a masculine voice; same emotion, intensity and passion. Since that moment, I was hooked and then later I found out that he only has use of one vocal cord, the other is paralyzed. How amazing that a young man that only has use of one vocal cord can sing so powerful and with such passion. I'm definitely buying "BEGIN", Forevermore, and Christmas From The Heart. He has a God-given gift. I hope these next two years go quick and then we'll see what God has planned for him and us.

P.s. I will be commenting again once I get the CD's but I'm positive it will not be anything negative.
on August 7, 2012
Can't say enough good things about this album. Bought it the moment it was available and have listened to it several times already. David is an inspiring singer and this is a great collection of songs.
on August 7, 2012
I love the variety of the covers on this album- everything from Christina Aguilera to U2! I also LOVE his original track, Broken- can't get it out of my head.
I like David Archuleta's music. "Begin" at first seemed so heavily weighted with ballads, that I tended to nod out. But as I spin it more, David's magic weaves its spell. I'm glad to have his recording of Sarah McLachlan's "Angel." I have her version from the 1998 soundtrack City Of Angels: Music From The Motion Picture. I love David's version because it frees me a bit from seeing photos of weepy dogs in the infomercial urging pet adoption. Likewise, Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" had a great version by Clay Aiken, another talent show alumni. While David does a decent journeyman's job on this lovely song, it doesn't really make a new statement with a similar string arrangement as the original. His original tune "Broken" is a lovely track with David's voice high & clear, "Do you see what I see? Do you feel what I feel? It doesn't matter until we see broken lives heal." If you only download a track or two from this set, be sure you get that one! Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors" is quite different with David's treatment bringing out faithful certainty. His version of U2's "Pride (In the Name of Love)" has great energy; I would have tracked it closer to the opening of the set to establish some pep. The set concludes with the lovely "Be Still, My Soul" that so sweetly glows with love and faithful certainty. Enjoy!
on November 18, 2014
I got this for my wife and she loves it!
He is so talented and humble.
When you hear his amazing voice it is hard to believe he almost lost it.
Back in the states after serving two years over seas as a missionary.
If the world had more people like this guy...
on August 13, 2012
Beautifully done. David has such an amazing musicality and his voice is beyond compare. Classic songs treated with respect. Plus the original song Broken is amazing. You can't go wrong with this album.
on August 9, 2012
Bought this album and another for a gift. Amazon had the fastest Delivery!! Shipped one night Received the next day. No Shipping charge because I ordered two.
The Album is Fabulous. David sings with Passion, Compassion, Hopefulness and of course has the most beautiful voice on the Planet in my opinion. David is a Gift and this should be in anyone's Library that enjoys good music, with no Autotune, Live Orchestra for some songs
It is a must have.
Will also be donating several to the Children's Hospital where parents and children appreciate good music and Uplifting Messages.
If you could use an Uplifting, Highly recommended.