Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 206 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 227 reviews
on September 29, 2012
I would love to give this book 10 stars! The recepies were not only easy, they were also delicious and included useful nutrition information. Made my intro to juicing easy and delicious! In 4 weeks I lost 8 lbs. and I feel great (more energy, better sleep, acid reflux gone)! For breakfast I have delicious veggie/fruit juices that give me instant energy! I no longer crave or drink coffee (ever!), and my sugar addiction has almost disappeared! I no longer drink diet coke and artificial sweetners are a thing of the past. As a Type2 diabetic I am thrilled with a recent blood test which revealed the lowest glucose reading I've had in over 9 months!
11 comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2012
Here's a quick summary of what is inside.

First up there is a list of reasons to juice. I personally found this interesting as funnily enough an investment guru I follow was recently talking about his personal journey with juicing and how it helped him overcome a skin disorder that his doctor said was uncurable.

Secondly there is a guide to choosing juicers which is kept nice and simple, just a few hints to help you choose a better model.

Next there is a nutritional guide about what specific vitamins and other health properties are in a number of different fruit types. This also includes tips to help you minimise your pesticide intake including a number of fruits the author recommends to only buy organically.

Onto the juice recipes.
Each recipe is nicely divided into handy categories including: Cleansing and Detoxification, Weight Loss, Mental Acuity, Aging.

The steps to follow are simple, nicely layed out and come with a number of tips. For all health conscious people, each recipe comes with dietary information such as calories, sugar, fat, carbohydrates, fiber, protein and sodium.

Many of the recipes offered appeal to the tastebuds, such items as the fruit clense and the watermelon eruption are ones that stick out for me.

Overall it is an excellent book that is sure to appeal to anyone contemplating a juice diet or looking to expand their juicing repertoire.
11 comment| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2013
This is a fantastic Beginner's book for juicing. I saw 'Fat Sick and Nearly Dead' and was blown away to learn all the health benefits. I've been feelingg gross since before Xmas and have been needing a change. So I hopped on amazon and picked up three juicing books. This is by far my face of the three. Well written with the voice of a friend giving advice. The layout is perfect and the recipes look great (haven't tried any YET). I read thru the whole book in one sitting this morning. Lots of great info. I definitely recommend!
on January 29, 2014
I have two juicers - an Omega Masticating Juicer and a Breville Centrifufal - so my options are totally open!

I love the way this book is divided into the various categories served by juicing (detox, weight loss, etc.). I have tried several and find them easy to make, and delicious. The only problem I have is with the juices that call for grapefruit, as I am on a medication that precludes ANY consumption of this lovely fruit (and I am a SERIOUS pink grapefruit lover!) I would have liked for there to have been a suggestion of which citrus would be an acceptable substitute for the grapefruit which I may not have because it effects the way my meds metabolize.

.Another discovery I made was when I was getting ingredients for a couple of the recipes that call for coconut milk...in my local grocery store, there are two varieties offered - regular and 'lite' - it would be helpful to know which version the author used in formulating her recipes. I opted for the 'lite' version and found the taste of the juice (Strawberry and Coconut Whip) so rich, I can not imagine how decadent it would taste otherwise!

I am also a CreateSpace author and think there could have been better advice give to this author about the size of the book and the font, as the size seemed a trifle awkward, and a smaller font may have prevented an extra page being needed for only one sentence.

All in all, I find the author certainly seems to be very knowledgeable and has done her homework on which ingredients are best to achieve the desired goal - as well as making suggestions of the types of stores where some ingredients may be found.

I have already earmarked 6 or seven of the recipes that are my favorites.

Thank you, Sharon, for a very informative, easy to use, and instructive book.
on July 6, 2015
We've been juicing for years and thought it might be nice to add a few new recipes to the mix. Pooped on amazon and thought this one looked interesting. Even though we juice nearly everyday, far from what I would call a "beginner", I was really happy with the information provided in this book. It has a great variety of recipes for beginners as well as for people like us who are familiar with juicing but just want to try something new. The recipes are very easy to follow, delicious and the nutritional information is a great bonus! It was very well organized and explained why juicing is good for you, in addition to walking you through how to select a juicer. Overall it is an excellent resource for anyone contemplating juicing or just looking to expand their juicing repertoire.
on March 25, 2013
The book has a lot of great recipes to start your juicing journey. The recipes are broken down to a few categories such as weight loss, Aging and beauty, and detox. She does give you a list of the right fruit and veggies to buy prior to start juicing. The author also lists the fruits and veggies that contain the most pesticides. I bought the book as a guide to start juicing to lose weight. The problem I have with this book is that some of the weight loss juicing recipes only provide you with 80-120 calories, is that enough to start your day with? Are you suppose to supplement these juice recipes with your breakfast? This is unclear and confusing. The author need to elaborate more on the weight-loss section of the book.

Those of you that bought the book please comment how you are implementing juicing through out the day.
on January 3, 2013
As a first time juicer, getting started can be somewhat overwhelming . This book not only helps from picking the right juicer, but also helps beginners understand how to choose the appropriate vegetables and fruits for various preferences. Thanks for the recipes too.
on July 7, 2015
I just got this in the mail today, I sat down and started reading and I finished before I even looked up! It is so easy to read and understand. It really breaks it down, and I am more excited than ever to start my new Juicing lifestyle! The free gift at the end was a real treat! Thanks so much for sharing this book with me and giving me hope for the first time in a long time that losing weight and being healthy really is possible!
on December 25, 2013
Recommend it. Great book delicious recipes and easy to follow. 100%recommend it. It's helped me with my weight loss. Bought a juicer and been juicing since then.
on May 31, 2012
This book has a ton of great juicing recipes that I've never tried before and many very interesting ingredient combinations. Theres a really good section in the beginning on how to choose a juicer - this is important especially for novice juicers because there really is a lot to consider. You'll also find some interesting sections on fruits and vegetables and how to prepare, combine and use them for juicing.