Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 28, 2013
Thought there would be more recipe's in there. There is good info as the health benefit but i had to buy other books to get what i needed. Not worth the money!
55 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 3, 2012
Here's a quick summary of what is inside.

First up there is a list of reasons to juice. I personally found this interesting as funnily enough an investment guru I follow was recently talking about his personal journey with juicing and how it helped him overcome a skin disorder that his doctor said was uncurable.

Secondly there is a guide to choosing juicers which is kept nice and simple, just a few hints to help you choose a better model.

Next there is a nutritional guide about what specific vitamins and other health properties are in a number of different fruit types. This also includes tips to help you minimise your pesticide intake including a number of fruits the author recommends to only buy organically.

Onto the juice recipes.
Each recipe is nicely divided into handy categories including: Cleansing and Detoxification, Weight Loss, Mental Acuity, Aging.

The steps to follow are simple, nicely layed out and come with a number of tips. For all health conscious people, each recipe comes with dietary information such as calories, sugar, fat, carbohydrates, fiber, protein and sodium.

Many of the recipes offered appeal to the tastebuds, such items as the fruit clense and the watermelon eruption are ones that stick out for me.

Overall it is an excellent book that is sure to appeal to anyone contemplating a juice diet or looking to expand their juicing repertoire.
11 comment| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 29, 2014
I have two juicers - an Omega Masticating Juicer and a Breville Centrifufal - so my options are totally open!

I love the way this book is divided into the various categories served by juicing (detox, weight loss, etc.). I have tried several and find them easy to make, and delicious. The only problem I have is with the juices that call for grapefruit, as I am on a medication that precludes ANY consumption of this lovely fruit (and I am a SERIOUS pink grapefruit lover!) I would have liked for there to have been a suggestion of which citrus would be an acceptable substitute for the grapefruit which I may not have because it effects the way my meds metabolize.

.Another discovery I made was when I was getting ingredients for a couple of the recipes that call for coconut milk...in my local grocery store, there are two varieties offered - regular and 'lite' - it would be helpful to know which version the author used in formulating her recipes. I opted for the 'lite' version and found the taste of the juice (Strawberry and Coconut Whip) so rich, I can not imagine how decadent it would taste otherwise!

I am also a CreateSpace author and think there could have been better advice give to this author about the size of the book and the font, as the size seemed a trifle awkward, and a smaller font may have prevented an extra page being needed for only one sentence.

All in all, I find the author certainly seems to be very knowledgeable and has done her homework on which ingredients are best to achieve the desired goal - as well as making suggestions of the types of stores where some ingredients may be found.

I have already earmarked 6 or seven of the recipes that are my favorites.

Thank you, Sharon, for a very informative, easy to use, and instructive book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 8, 2013
I like the information this book provides on juicing and the different reasons to juice (detox, weight loss, etc.). The recipes aren't bad, though many require both a juicer and blender, which is a clean-up nightmare. I am glad I bought the book, but cannot imagine giving it 5 stars, or it costing more than $8.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2013
OK, I am new to all this, but I was hoping for at least 5-10 recipes to start off where I didn't have to go to a health food store for ingredients or back to supermarket......I recently bought a ton of fruit, veggies, (apples, broccoli, pineapple, blueberries, oranges, ginger), but only 1 or 2 recipies acfually called for what I had on hand. I am looking for common fruits/veggie recipies I guess.
22 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 31, 2012
This book has a ton of great juicing recipes that I've never tried before and many very interesting ingredient combinations. Theres a really good section in the beginning on how to choose a juicer - this is important especially for novice juicers because there really is a lot to consider. You'll also find some interesting sections on fruits and vegetables and how to prepare, combine and use them for juicing.
on September 29, 2012
I would love to give this book 10 stars! The recepies were not only easy, they were also delicious and included useful nutrition information. Made my intro to juicing easy and delicious! In 4 weeks I lost 8 lbs. and I feel great (more energy, better sleep, acid reflux gone)! For breakfast I have delicious veggie/fruit juices that give me instant energy! I no longer crave or drink coffee (ever!), and my sugar addiction has almost disappeared! I no longer drink diet coke and artificial sweetners are a thing of the past. As a Type2 diabetic I am thrilled with a recent blood test which revealed the lowest glucose reading I've had in over 9 months!
11 comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 30, 2013
I first came across this book after buying my new Vitamix and wanting to make healthy juicing choices to take advantage of the blender. On Amazon it he book sounded great but I first borrowed it from the public library. I wanted a book with all the choices in this book but I liked that it also provided nutritional info. After using these recipes as a breakfast meal replacement, and no other dietary changes, my cholesterol dropped forty points in two months between tests. As an added benefit, the dr and I had previously taken me off of cholesterol meds due to the terrible side effects and little to no change in numbers. Too bad I didn't find this far better way to treat cholesterol years ago. In any event, I came home from the doctor and ordered myself a digital copy to keep these recipes near and dear. Some of the drinks are ugly, but they are way better than the previous poor health issues I had. My hair is shiny, skin glows with pink cheeks and nails growing out of control. I am closer to sixty than not but I am loving the results of this book.
on April 20, 2013
I am new to juicing. I was unaware of how much there is to learn related to this topic. It can be pretty overwhelming. This book has some great recipes. I really like the different recipes offered besides weight loss. Very easy to follow. This helped getting me started on my journey to better health.
on July 15, 2013
This is an excellent book for first time juicer. I have learn how the different color fruits affective your body and that's plus, to know. What's also a plus is the recipes worked for me. Easy to understand and follow.